And Lldtbl Leaves In A Huff

QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ May 19 2008, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (SaVi0r @ May 19 2008, 01:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually to be frank. Me and lldtbll smoke at his house quite frequently with his parents wich is legal in the U.S. Just in case you didn't know.

IT IS NOT LEGAL TO SMOKE TOBACCO UNDERAGE BAR NONE just because his parents condone it doesnt mean its legal that just means they can get in trouble along with him

Nick's right Savior, it's illegal for ANYONE underage to purchase/posses/use tobacco. In some states it is legal for parents to provide there underage children drinks, such as here in texas, but tobacco is in no way legal at 16 in Oregon. Trust me when I saw he was 16 I went and checked up on the tobacco laws in Oregon just becasue some states have weird/funny laws that let people skate by at a younger age. That is not the case where you live. Edited by Victim026

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SaVi0r @ May 19 2008, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually. If i have to prove myself go ahead and call the tigard police department and confrim. You can legally drink and smoke tobacco underage on your property with your legal guardian present. Sorry i am right you are wrong i've asked two seperate police officers and the district attorney for washington county sorry fella.

im a reserve sheriff and i work with ATF agents on a regular basis and they have made arrests because of parents buying their 17 year old kids packs of cigarettes

What a croc of shit savior, i'm looking at the Washington County Oregon Sherrifs Office website and it states very clearly that ANY PERSON UNDER THE AGE OF 18 MAY NOT POSSES TOBACCO AT ANY TIME smile.gif

Victim, all i can say is sorry for whatever missleading information you looked at. I have spoken with several people in the law field. I KNOW the law here i heard the answer FACE TO FACE.

I'm done with this argument it's pointless to argue with your inaccurate information.

QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ May 19 2008, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually. If i have to prove myself go ahead and call the tigard police department and confrim. You can legally drink and smoke tobacco underage on your property with your legal guardian present. Sorry i am right you are wrong i've asked two seperate police officers and the district attorney for washington county sorry fella.

im a reserve sheriff and i work with ATF agents on a regular basis and they have made arrests because of parents buying their 17 year old kids packs of cigarettes

do they really not have anything better to do with their time?

btw i have even smoked a cigarette when i was arrested last year at my house all they did was talk to my parents was 100% legal.

Here savior let me COPY AND PAST THE ANSWER FROM THE OREGON STATE LAW BOOKS ONLINE!!

167.400 Tobacco possession by minors prohibited. (1) It is unlawful for any person under 18 years of age to possess tobacco products, as defined in ORS 431.840.

(2) Any person who violates subsection (1) of this section commits a Class D violation. [1991 c.970 §1; 1999 c.1051 §161]

Note: 167.400, 167.402 and 167.404 were enacted into law by the Legislative Assembly but were not added to or made a part of ORS chapter 167 by legislative action. See Preface to Oregon Revised Statutes for further explanation.

167.401 Tobacco purchase by minors prohibited; exceptions. (1) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, no person under 18 years of age shall purchase, attempt to purchase or acquire tobacco products as defined in ORS 431.840. Except when such minor is in a private residence accompanied by the parent or guardian of the minor and with the consent of such parent or guardian, no person under 18 years of age shall have personal possession of tobacco products.

(2) Any person who violates subsection (1) of this section commits a violation.

(3)(a) In lieu of any other penalty established by law, a person who is convicted for the first time of a violation of subsection (1) of this section may be ordered to participate in a tobacco education program or a tobacco use cessation program or to perform community service related to diseases associated with consumption of tobacco products. A person may be ordered to participate in such a program only once.

(cool.gif In addition to and not in lieu of any other penalty established by law, a person who is convicted of a second violation of subsection (1) of this section through misrepresentation of age may be required to participate in a tobacco education or a tobacco use cessation program or to perform community service related to diseases associated with the consumption of tobacco products, and the court shall order that the person’s driving privileges and right to apply for driving privileges be suspended for a period not to exceed one year. If a court has issued an order denying driving privileges under this subsection, the court, upon petition of the person, may withdraw the order at any time the court deems appropriate. The court notification to the Department of Transportation under this subsection may include a recommendation that the person be granted a hardship permit under ORS 807.240 if the person is otherwise eligible for the permit.

(4) A minor acting under the supervision of an adult may purchase, attempt to purchase or acquire tobacco products for the purpose of testing compliance with a federal law, state statute, local law or retailer management policy limiting or regulating the delivery of tobacco products to minors. [1999 c.1077 §8]

The only way you can get away with purchasing or possesing tobacco where you live is if you are doing it to check compliance of a tobacco retailer with the law, and it must be done with supervision. Your making it sound like your underage yourself since you have so much experience with this paticular law, even though you know nothing about it.

QUOTE (SaVi0r @ May 19 2008, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Victim, all i can say is sorry for whatever missleading information you looked at. I have spoken with several people in the law field. I KNOW the law here i heard the answer FACE TO FACE.

I'm done with this argument it's pointless to argue with your inaccurate information.

well i dont know about oregon but my 2008 california penal code book is over 1900 pages and i dont think myself or anyone else could ever remember the whole thing

QUOTE (shisha fan @ May 19 2008, 02:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (NickReppinThe909 @ May 19 2008, 10:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

do they really not have anything better to do with their time?

mostly repeat violations along with other charges

The only part of the law i know is that you can on your property with parent/guardian present. And i am most certainly not underage.

Read the law Savior, it states that under NO cirumstances can an underage person posses tobacco, on private property or not... Furthermore if you read more of the law that continues below it also states that a parent or guardian that willingly allows a minor to use tobacco products is endangering a child and it is a Class A violation. Theres no arguing with this, it's the law in your state as your state code reads. Edited by Victim026

dude you posted the law and it even proves me right thanks bro.

167.401 Tobacco purchase by minors prohibited; exceptions. (1) Except as provided in subsection (4) of this section, no person under 18 years of age shall purchase, attempt to purchase or acquire tobacco products as defined in ORS 431.840.

[Except when such minor is in a private residence accompanied by the parent or guardian of the minor and with the consent of such parent or guardian, no person under 18 years of age shall have personal possession of tobacco products.]

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Read more you idiot, it also states that it's endangering a child. And did you notice it says POSSESION, if you use it then it's a violation. Edited by Victim026

No it didn't it's still unlawful for lltbdll to partake in tobacco products, all it proved for you was that they could be in his room. If he smokes it he's in the wrong.

QUOTE (Victim026 @ May 19 2008, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Read more you idiot, it also states that it's endangering a child. And did you notice it says POSSESION, if you use it then it's a violation.

Says nothing about that to what i saw in that copy paste excerpt.

It's not in the section i posted, it's in another section below it on the oregon state law website. Not to mention the fact that a hookah is illegal for him to own either way, and his parents can get in trouble for that as well.

I already got out of the site, it's somewhere in Chapter 163 if you'd like to go look it up. It's in the endangering a child section. I'm done with this, lltdbl is in the wrong and he has no reason to be using tobacco products while he's underage, he's gone from this site and thats good enough for me. Edited by Victim026

QUOTE (SaVi0r @ May 19 2008, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm still right harharhar. Oh can i get banned for saying cigarette? i should have SAid NhT.

Think what you think, hopefully lltbdl will get arrested some day, and your arrogance will surely get you in some trouble.

teee-heeee

it was a tiiiiny little 2 person flame war

it was a flame skirmish, and it was hilarious.