My Home-made Goldschlager Bottle Hookah

The title says it all.

Quick build walk-through:
  • Drink all the goldschlager (yummy)
  • Drill a 3/4 inch hole in the goldschlager cap (make sure you remove the little foam seal first)
  • Cut a section of 3/4 inch copper pipe to length (lower excise pipe into the bottle until it hits the bottom. Cut about an inch above the top of the bottle). I've heard a lot of debate about whether copper is safe or not, but the piping barely even gets hot, so I'm not too worried.
  • Using some sort of epoxy, make a 1/2 inch thick plug for the bottom of the hookah. I used quick-setting moldable epoxy that's supposed to be safe with potable water lines.
  • Using a small drill bit, drill lots of holes in the bottom of the copper pipe (but above the half inch plug) to act as a diffuser.
  • Using some more epoxy, attach the cap to the pipe. I used epoxy on both the inside and the outside (and my epoxy is high-temp-resistant)
  • Using a glass drill bit (either diamond studded or a regular tile/glass bit), drill a half-inch hole through the wax goldschlager seal.
  • Epoxy a half inch to quarter inch nipple into the drilled hole.
  • Attach the desired length of 1/4 inch ID tubing.
  • With a regular hookah bowl seal and ceramic bowl (I used both from my regular egyptian hookah), the bowl should sit well and have a good seal on top of the cap.
  • Smoke hookah.

Edited by 1145climber
policies are not suggestions

a little off topic but mix some goldschlager, jagermeister, and some Bacardi 151 together (1/3 a piece) and you've got one of the best shots in the world: liquid coke (i would spell it out but don't want to violate rules)