Camping Hookah

VDDZ

My Camping Hookah

K, you take a 4" PVC cap
A camping cooking pot (with an ID of 4")
A piece of think tubing
Some fittings
and poke a few holes for the fittings and tube'n in the PVC cap and fit that in the pot. There you have it! A decent working, light, rugged hookah that you can cook in! or boiler water, what have you.

Oh, and the hose tubing is made from latex for its wonderful properties (bends, keeps it's shape, hold's it's grip, it's good {beware of allergies!!}) Edited by VDDZ

• 10 months later...
QUOTE (VDDZ @ May 1 2008, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Camping Hookah

K, you take a 4" PVC cap
A camping cooking pot (with an ID of 4")
A piece of think tubing
Some fittings
and poke a few holes for the fittings and tube'n in the PVC cap and fit that in the pot. There you have it! A decent working, light, rugged hookah that you can cook in! or boiler water, what have you.

Oh, and the hose tubing is made from latex for its wonderful properties (bends, keeps it's shape, hold's it's grip, it's good {beware of allergies!!})

How much does your hookah weigh? I'm an avid lightweight backpacker, and I'd love to take my hookah on the trail, but weight is a concern.

Also, you don't cook in that pot...right?

All in all, I love it! *Rushes off to the hardware store*

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Hate to bring this back from the dead, but it's my post and questions were asked!

As of a year ago, that hookah was stolen, from off my camp site too, lol.

Yes, I would cook with that bowl, I boiled some drinking water with it. And everything you need can be placed in the pot, kinda.