(mind my french).

Wanker: "eh eh, I told you boys
last time, you shudunt be doin dis zort of shtuff in the park. Its not
gud" [really fresh nigerian accent]

Me: "Yeah the other two park
keepers came & checked us out last time & said it was cool with
them & they were actually quite amazed at watching us smoke a
shisha"

Wanker: "You are not allowed to do dis in the park. The park doez not allowz it."

Me: "So you represent the park & whatever you say goes above the other park keepers does it?"

Wanker: "I have been working here for 6 years. I never let anyone shmoke da bad things in dis park"

I show him the box of nakhla mixed fruit proving its not weed but the wanker still carries on with his baseless argument

Wanker: "I have never seen dis
short of thing before you started to come. It iz not normal in diz
country. Why don't you shmoke it in your college"

Me: "'Cos they operate a
non-smoking policy in the college you twerp. And who gives a toss if
you aint seen the thing before in dis country. Obviously you don't get
out much"

Wanker: "Itz not normal. If I c yous doing diz again I will remove you"

Me: "not normal by who's standards? I am from the middle east [not really but had to say it anyway!] & this is very normal for me. You're offending my culture by saying its not normal"

Anyway the prick (William his name was I think) carried on with his
ramblings while we stayed & carried on smoking. He said he would
call Lieutenant James (apparently the main park keeper guy) & I
asked him to call the guy now so we could get this sorted. But
supposedly he wasn't there. Some people are so ignorant! People chill
in the same park smoking weed all day without a word said to them but
when a few people enjoy a nice shisha (with proof that its weed-less)
the prick gets all "Itsh not allowed" about it. Next monday I'll
purposely take my 35" egyptian & see what he'll have to say then.

I live in San Diego, CA, technically 22 miles north of the border of
Mexico (Some racists say the Mexican border is 20 miles north of San
Diego ). One day my friend and I
were going to drive into Mexico. I had had two hookahs in my trunk I
took my prized small hump vase one out but forgot the other one. We
crossed drove around, ate churros fried in lard, smoked Cuban cigars
and ate Pork Hot Dogs wrapped in Bacon among other things. When we came
back, they randomly searched my trunk (U.S. side) and found...hookah!
Well you can see where this was going...we waited for 90 minutes for
our inspector to come by and he siezed my jar and one of my best hoses.
Left the shank...well anyways...F*ck the Man!

• 1 month later...
The park was the very first place i smoked my hookah (December 22 or 23... it was cold). it was pretty funny watching these families with young kids walk by... we said hi and went back to the hookah.  nobody really responded
i, at 18, am not allowed to smoke at home (my mom wouldnt approve) so i have to find other places to do so (right now the back of my car).  its hard to smoke in public just because the hookah would appear to be used for illegal drugs to anyone who has not been blessed with the knowledge of its history and cultural background... like Captain William, park tender extrodinair .

I always wanted to smoke my hookah in a park. I guess I MUST do that soon.An other public place where my hookah would be usefull: [b]Airports[/b]. I hate when I have to kill 4-6 hours in Amsterdam or Frankfurt.It would be so awesome to sit down smoke and watch the planes! Too bad I can't get the coal on board  !

[quote name='HookahHUN']I always wanted to smoke my hookah in a park. I guess I MUST do that soon.An other public place where my hookah would be usefull: [b]Airports[/b]. I hate when I have to kill 4-6 hours in Amsterdam or Frankfurt.It would be so awesome to sit down smoke and watch the planes! Too bad I can't get the coal on board  ![/quote]
They dont let you take the coal on the plane?  What kind of risk does coal lend itself to?

[quote name='HookahHUN']I always wanted to smoke my hookah in a park. I guess I MUST do that soon.An other public place where my hookah would be usefull: [b]Airports[/b]. I hate when I have to kill 4-6 hours in Amsterdam or Frankfurt.It would be so awesome to sit down smoke and watch the planes! Too bad I can't get the coal on board  ![/quote]
That would be awesome... Especially in the terminals.
I'm super paranoid that I'll miss a flight so I always get there AS SOON as I can check in and end up sitting there bored for 2 hours.
Anyway... I'm Arab so I'm scared to carry anything "questionable"  in my luggage... You've never had any problems packing a hookah before?

[quote name='mOrOccanQuEEn']Anyway... I'm Arab so I'm scared to carry anything "questionable"  in my luggage...[/quote]I can't even begin to...express my sadness for the world. When one person is deprived of liberty, we all are. I wish I could apologize for other people, especially ignorant, narrow-minded people. Unfortunately, I'm not a person worthy of speaking for America.Come on people, lets make up our minds to work to make sure people don't have to live their lives in fear...well I guess I still want to be an optimist.

[quote name='mOrOccanQuEEn'][quote name='HookahHUN']I always wanted to smoke my hookah in a park. I guess I MUST do that soon.An other public place where my hookah would be usefull: [b]Airports[/b]. I hate when I have to kill 4-6 hours in Amsterdam or Frankfurt.It would be so awesome to sit down smoke and watch the planes! Too bad I can't get the coal on board  ![/quote]
That would be awesome... Especially in the terminals.
I'm super paranoid that I'll miss a flight so I always get there AS SOON as I can check in and end up sitting there bored for 2 hours.
Anyway... I'm Arab so I'm scared to carry anything "questionable"  in my luggage... You've never had any problems packing a hookah before?
[/quote] Well, I have dark eyes and dark hair, so that makes me an arab at airports. Those TSA people are so ignorant...Anyway I had no problem  with packing my hookah, but I did not take my colals. It is not allowed on board, and sometimes, my bag is checked for traces of explosives(you know, because my dark hair makes me an arab, and TSA thinks all arabs want to destroy the world).
Who knows, the sulphur of the coal might show up in such tests, that would put me in big trouble....

[quote name='ahc87']The park was the very first place i smoked my hookah (December 22 or 23... it was cold). the odd thing was that i had just birthed my fetus into this earth and was swinging it above my head like a helicopter.  it was pretty funny watching these families with young kids walk by... we said hi and went back to the hookah.  nobody really responded
i, at 18, am not allowed to smoke at home (my mom wouldnt approve) so i have to find other places to do so (right now the back of my car).  its hard to smoke in public just because the hookah would appear to be used for illegal drugs to anyone who has not been blessed with the knowledge of its history and cultural background... like Captain William, park tender extraodinair .
 [/quote]
kinda wierd about the whole fetus swinging... does that constitute child abuse?  personally, i have had some wonderful experiences with the park tender extraordinair Captian William.  in fact, when at the Park of All Parks National Park in the Czech Republic, the omniscient and omnipresent Captain William rode in on a white stallion, similar to the grand entrance of Leroy of Luxemburg.  anyway, Captain William pulled out his tweezers and began manicuring the grass while we basked in the sun eating cheese toast.  Oh Captain William, these memories take me back.

ah... yes... those certainly were the days. i can recall a time when all the local children would gather together under the great oak tree and learn life's valuable lessons from none other, but Captain William. I owe him quite a lot.  I'm sure that it would not have been possible for me to obtain the world record for longest time spent gazing at the stars while eating jelapanos and cream cheese if i had not had the greatest mentor of all time......
[b]thank you Captain William!!![/b]

• 2 weeks later...
You would think as popular as hookahs are nowadays that cops would
recognize this and realize its not drug paraphenalia. BTW the guy whose
hookah was taken at the mexican border I would raise hell. Make the
mofos test that hookah for marijuana resin they wont find any, only
tobacco and they will have no choice but to give it back to you. Fight
for your hookahs back even if it costs more to get them back then for
the actual hookah its the principal of the thing but thats just in my
opinion. 

• 1 month later...
[quote name='Tangiers']I live in San Diego, CA, technically 22 miles north of the border of Mexico (Some racists say the Mexican border is 20 miles north of San Diego ). One day my friend and I were going to drive into Mexico. I had had two hookahs in my trunk I took my prized small hump vase one out but forgot the other one. We crossed drove around, ate churros fried in lard, smoked Cuban cigars and ate Pork Hot Dogs wrapped in Bacon among other things. When we came back, they randomly searched my trunk (U.S. side) and found...hookah! Well you can see where this was going...we waited for 90 minutes for our inspector to come by and he siezed my jar and one of my best hoses. Left the shank...well anyways...F*ck the Man![/quote]
pfft.... i know exactly what you went through.  This was about a year ago, and we were just chilling at some bar in tijuana, well his bar isnt exactly the nicest of bars... the waiters offer you weed before they do beer.  We'll anyways... we were smoking weed in there and a girl that was there told us about a pink floyd tribute show that was going on that night and it was only 2 bucks, so of course we went and kept on smoking.
we'll anyways... on the way back (i was extremely high and somewhat drunk) i comepletely forgot i had the week in my pants, and they told me i needed my passport to cross, which is total bullsh*t because when i got it, the fools downtown said i should carry it as less as possible, to carry a copy instead.  WE'll anyways they took me back to that holding room (thinking i was trying to cross illegaly... which is dumb, who crosses illegaly through the walking port?)  SO they searched me... took away a small pipe i had and a baggie of weed. 
They called my house, and wanted someone to take the passport to them.... luckily the only cool person there was this woman, she told the other douches to just "put those things in the back" and not call the cops.   I guess it was an interesting night is all..... but still, those INS bastards are just waiting to bust someone.  They can be real assholes too.... bunch of lowlives.

[quote name='HookahHUN']I always wanted to smoke my hookah in a park. I guess I MUST do that soon.An other public place where my hookah would be usefull: [b]Airports[/b]. I hate when I have to kill 4-6 hours in Amsterdam or Frankfurt.It would be so awesome to sit down smoke and watch the planes! Too bad I can't get the coal on board  ![/quote]I've been to amsterdam, and I dont think id be at the airport if I had to wait there for  4-6 hrs. lol

Here in Austria I often smoke hookah in the park and i sometimes take my hookah with me when I'm going swimming in the summer,and i often take my Hookah with me when I'm going snowboarding in the winter (there isn't anything better smoking a Hookah in the middle of snowy nature)^^.

• 3 weeks later...
Whenever I go car camping, the hookah goes with me. I'm not gonna deal with the weight of backpacking with it, but if I'm basecamping, it always comes.Hookah and nature is amazing. I play native american flute also, and well, there's just nothing finer.

[quote name='smokinshisha4life'][quote name='HookahHUN']I always wanted to smoke my hookah in a park. I guess I MUST do that soon.An other public place where my hookah would be usefull: [b]Airports[/b]. I hate when I have to kill 4-6 hours in Amsterdam or Frankfurt.It would be so awesome to sit down smoke and watch the planes! Too bad I can't get the coal on board  ![/quote]I've been to amsterdam, and I dont think id be at the airport if I had to wait there for  4-6 hrs. lol[/quote] Well, if I leave the airport, why would I want to get back there in 6 hours, if I'm in Amsterdam

• 3 months later...
[quote name='JByer323']Whenever I go car camping, the hookah goes with me. I'm not gonna deal with the weight of backpacking with it, but if I'm basecamping, it always comes. Hookah and nature is amazing. I play native american flute also, and well, there's just nothing finer.[/quote]

natures yes my buddy took both of his hookahs when we went camping a few weeks ago so relaxing under the trees and stars at nite!

I go to a small private college in Iowa and security calls the cops when they see you smoking a hookah. There is no anti-smoking policy on campus. The cops then come up and interrogate you like you are smoking meth and then proceed to take the hookah. I am not quite sure if this is legal. I always tell them to go run it for narcotics and then give me a call when their done so I can pick up my drug free hookah. It upsets me when I can't smoke in peace.I can't imagine what would happen if I took it to a park. Yay for small town Iowa and not knowing what a hookah is, even after you explain it to them.