Neat Idea

mjdx88

I'd bet that the coil inside the hose that rusts runs inside the handle. If you could pull it out and get the new hose to fit in there well, it should work. But I'd rather spend my money on something new that didn't rust. What someone oughta do is make a damn hose that looks nice and I can wash. You'd think that they would have improved on these faults by now, right?

It can be done! I dont have that nice hose cover but I still took both ends off of my cobra and stuck some plastic tubing inbetween. I also found two little peices of metal that are like circles with a screw, both of those hold the tubing onto the hose. I'll take pics tomorrow if I remember.

QUOTE (Elky @ Mar 18 2008, 08:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
what would be cool is if someone could make a tip that fits into a Nammor/Razon hose that has a cobra shape.

Indeed it would be....even better someone produces a washable corba hose. I would pay an arm and leg for it, they look amazing....

Scott remember the pics man! =P

Mike

Havent used it in a while but it kicks ass.

[attachment=1235:50.jpg]

This work nicely to hold the tubing on.
[attachment=1234:52.jpg]

QUOTE (hday @ Mar 19 2008, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's the inside of the handle like? Will it rust at all? That's very impressive, what you've done. I might just buy a few and cut them up myself.

From what it seems the ones from H-S the handle will be fine but the piece that connects to the hookah may be rusty so you will need 2 hoses for that job. I havent gotten to smoking my hookah with the cobra hoses yet but I hope tomorrow I will get to try em out. As to ordering them and then just cutting them up, why waste the money. Use them till they rust then cut them, they are very nice hoses.

Mike

I probably used the cobra for like 5 months then saw the post where they did this with the MYA and decided to give it a shot.

Those little wrist band looking things can be used to cover up the metal holders, I think I lost one, or it just got shredded up.

• 3 weeks later...
I've really been wanting to get some cobra hoses but im not willing to pay 15$ for something that im going to repair sad.gif They should be cheaper... Maybe I can find someone that does'nt want their cobras and fix them hehe

QUOTE (Virgil @ Apr 5 2008, 01:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've really been wanting to get some cobra hoses but im not willing to pay 15$ for something that im going to repair sad.gif They should be cheaper... Maybe I can find someone that does'nt want their cobras and fix them hehe

Very nice idea and +1 for the pics....

I think once my taditional hose breaks I will do this.....BTW am currently using a cheap washable that I picked up at my local store , and it works like a champ.

And might even invest in a cobra hose to use for a while and then "repair" I think I can get them for about 10$ so not bad at all

-H&S

I got the idea to do this a while back and took my cobra apart (no there is not metal and any hose handle that i have ever seen) and i tryed to take a hit of just the handle and then i remembered why i dont like the cobra. It doesnt hit well. The bend in it cause too much constriction.