Electric Hookah

WesleyPipes

and another thing i dont like about this is...
the technology to achieve and knowledge to implement hydrogen boosting has been around for YEARS.. if it was worth having... wouldn't every auto manufacturer have jumped on the bandwagon? i mean. filling your car with water is not a hassle. it would be as simple as changing washer fluid.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
I just came across this thread, it seems like it is dead but just in case someone comes across this and decides to try it... I didn't read all 7 pages but if this hasn't been said yet: If built as OP instructed THE COIL WILL BE AT LIVE WALL VOLTAGE when turned up high, and depending on the potentiometer and if wired correctly THE SHAFT OF THE POTENTIOMETER COULD ALSO BE AT LINE VOLTAGE. This will most likely flip your circuit breaker or burn out the wire, but still requires warning. For SEVERAL REASONS the plan given is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and I hope nobody without electronics knowledge has tried to build this thing. At the very least you would need a series resistor to keep the maximum power reasonable, but to keep this from burning your house down PLEASE use a fuse and a transformer/power supply to isolate this thing from the plug. If you do not know how to do that please stick to coals. Sorry I'm new to the forum and normally lurk but I had to say something when I read this. If a mod reads this could they possibly put a disclaimer or something on the thread? This kind of stuff kills people.

-Christian

• 1 year later...
QUOTE (Plain Old Me @ Mar 31 2008, 04:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone know how to make a ceramic housing for an element? Seems like that would be ideal, but rather hard to implement... I am going to do some calculations and work out a triac circuit soon to control the temp of the heating elements. Will let you know what I come up with.

In my research of this issue I found this Chinese product that got a good Youtube review from a user on another forum(shhhhh). Sorry If I'm repeating anything, as I am only partway through this thread.

QUOTE (ilikemyusername @ Jun 10 2008, 06:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so... i guess the electric coal is kaput?

I'm using an electric 'coal' right now. It needs a wind guard (to keep the air around it warm between puffs, so when you pull it doesn't have cold air rush in to cool it) but other than that it's great smile.gif

QUOTE (cptbjorn @ Aug 27 2008, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just came across this thread, it seems like it is dead but just in case someone comes across this and decides to try it... I didn't read all 7 pages but if this hasn't been said yet: If built as OP instructed THE COIL WILL BE AT LIVE WALL VOLTAGE when turned up high, and depending on the potentiometer and if wired correctly THE SHAFT OF THE POTENTIOMETER COULD ALSO BE AT LINE VOLTAGE. This will most likely flip your circuit breaker or burn out the wire, but still requires warning. For SEVERAL REASONS the plan given is EXTREMELY DANGEROUS and I hope nobody without electronics knowledge has tried to build this thing. At the very least you would need a series resistor to keep the maximum power reasonable, but to keep this from burning your house down PLEASE use a fuse and a transformer/power supply to isolate this thing from the plug. If you do not know how to do that please stick to coals. Sorry I'm new to the forum and normally lurk but I had to say something when I read this. If a mod reads this could they possibly put a disclaimer or something on the thread? This kind of stuff kills people.

-Christian

I wish i had read this two weeks ago.