Heat Gun

drfefe2

Yesterday I had an amazing smoke at my friends house. It might have been attributed to the fact that I finally learned how to pack a Phunnel Bowl perfectly, but it was my friends heat gun that we used that made the session extra ordinary.

I packed a bowl of starbuzz carmel apple (pretty good flavour, it smells just like a carmel apple but has a very subtle taste) in the Phunnel Bowl with scalli mod and put 2 3kings 33mm broken in half evenly on top. We decided to experiment with his new heat gun ( a 50 dollar inventment, it's basically a very small ultra powerful hair dryer that blows 1300F air) and instead of using a lighter we aimed the heat gun at the coals. Now at first I was skeptical, "gross! dont light the quicklights on top of the bowl, you will get ickies in it", but low and behold not only did the heat gun get the coals red hot instantaniously but it also blew away all the ickies while lighting, or at least I could not taste any. It also heated up the bowl so that the very first draw produced a massive cloud of thick white smoke. This is very useful because I have noticed that the PHunnel bowl takes a little longer to get going than other bowls.

THe best part was that this session was the most flavourfull this flavour has ever been, it was no longer sublte and it lasted for 1.5 hours. When i looked under the foil it was still sopping wet at the bottom so we could have kept smoking. But this, I believe is because I packed the bowl really well.

Anyways, I will probably be investing in a heat gun. I have not tried it with natual coals yet but it should get them going very quickly.

• 2 months later...
QUOTE (TubaTrav2010 @ Apr 22 2008, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if this would work on the tobacco. Just blow directly onto the foil with a few holes.

I would get tired of holding it the whole session.

QUOTE (Stuie @ Apr 23 2008, 06:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (TubaTrav2010 @ Apr 22 2008, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder if this would work on the tobacco. Just blow directly onto the foil with a few holes.

I would get tired of holding it the whole session.

LOL ya, I would hate having to hold the thing there the whole session.....but either way nice for lighting coals as it sounds...

-H&S