Hookah Lounge or Hookah in-home?

Hey guys,Since I just noticed my new power, being able to create topics, I thought I'd stretch my legs a bit! I have a serious question for you guys, though. What do you prefer with what kind of moods and why? Does the hookah lounge really do it for you or can you only smoke in the comfort of your or your friends home? I'll start off with my opinion...Well, with all honesty, I love going to the lounge. I'm just that kind of person, I meet new people, I always like to throw in a hand to a few people who seem to be new to the experience, just because. The specific place that I go to is just amazing, though. If it were between my home and this place, it all depends on the mood and how many people we are. If I just got paid, we're 3-4 people and we want to listen to some good music, smoke some GREAT ma'assel and drink the best drinks/teas in the world, well we'll go there! If we're a large group of people or only a couple, I usually set up a lovely little lounge in my basement. I really should take pics for you guys some time. I basically lay out a king sized comforter and line it with pillows, right underneath the blanket. This creates a nice circular yet comfortable seating arrangement. I have a little table where I can fit multiple hookahs on it and a larger desk-like table to put all the unused hookahs and flavouring, my "stash". This creates a relaxing ambiance, I have enough room for 10 and plenty of hoses to pass around! Just thought I'd ask, I'm going to try and put a poll up with this too!Thanks for your patience!Jon

I definately agree that going to the lounges are an experience on their
own. You have a great atmosphere along with music (most of the time),
food, drinks and good friends. But then I think to myself, I can do
that at home, and without paying the 5-15 bucks it costs to smoke at a
lounge.

What we don't have at home though is the belly dancers. My local lounge
has has belly dancers along with middle eastern music every friday and
saturday night. Now the dancers along with a good atmosphere really
makes you feel like your smoking like they do abroad.

To sum up, I would probably enjoy smoking at home more. There are +s
and -s to each, but I think smoking at home takes the cake for me.

I'd like to check out a hookah lounge, but since there are none close
to where I live (come to think of it, theres none with in a 6 hour
drive), I really can't.  But I think that smoking at home will
over rule the lounge smoking.  Whenever my friends and I smoke, we
put on Stew's hookah mix and puff away.  We really impressed one
of our friends (not really in the main group, but still a friend) with
how seriously we take smoking: we set up rugs, lights, and music. 
Although, it really doesn't take much to impress this guy seeing as how
he claims to know more about hookah than everyone and still insists
that burning the tobacco with coals that shoot charcoal flavour down
your lungs is the best.

It's the whole comfort factor...you're familiar with your surroundings,
thus, feel comfortable there...plus, you can't smoke naked at a lounge.

hmm...you know soup, that reminds me of the series of shirts that was out there years ago. "ski naked" "bike naked" etc... I can see it now "Hookah Naked" can give the term passing te hose a whole new meaning
But seriousely (ya right), here in raleigh there is presently only one small hookah cafe to go to. If it can fit more that 25 people I'd be very suprised. While I've only gone on weekdays, I understand it also does dj's and dancers on fridays and sundays. I personally am not into loud crowds, so I enjoy the lounge with a few friends when its still quite evey thursday night before our sca meeting. The rest of the time I smoke at home, outside our apt. on the patio furniture, enjoying the birds or crickets, a breeze if we're lucky, and the melodious sounds  of a major intersection on the other site of the next building.
When we buy our first home in the near future..It's going to have a library/smoking room by gods.

Well if you guys ever come down to (or up to, I guess) Montreal, there are TONS of lounges here, from mellow lounges with huge comfy chairs and a nice platform for big groups to smoke on to loud obnoxious cafe's where everyone gambles and smokes because... well they're Arab. Nothing wrong with that, I'm just more of a mellow lounger! I think there's close to 20 on the island, but then again there's probably another 20 that I've never heard of. I think it's because of our culture that allows us to freely practice different things, including trying to seperate from your mother land . We have our problems like everyone else!Happy smoking!Jon