Katrina

MR Bubble

Oh, by the way, I say a guy wearing a T-shirt the other day. It said "I support PETA-- People for The Eating of Tasty Animals."
yep i own one of them shirts myself .
but i do have to disagree that fraud isn't a serious crime. take a look at it realistically, 10 gang bangers kill each other off that does not effect 99.99% of the general population one bit, in fact the world is probably a better place without them. but you have 10 multi-million dollar fraud cases that will effect everyone with higher prices for goods and insurance.
it may be a cold hearted way of looking at it but personally i would rather the world be free of 10 dregs of society than have to pay an extra 10% on my car insurance. simple fact is every person in this world make their own choices it isn't the gun killing people it is the person pulling the trigger. you could destroy every firearm in the world and it would not make the world a utopia the only way to do that would be to get rid of all the humans....
oh and the last guy i saw double parked screwing up traffic would have been shot if i had my pistol on me. them parking violations can lead to more serious crimes .

I live in Texas and carry an SA-XD every single day.I used to think that guns were the problem ... they are not. [b]Stupid people[/b] [i]with[/i] guns are the problem. I live in an area where nearly 20% of those who are legally allowed to own guns, do. A lot of them are fools and would use them for injustice. That's the main reason that I carry ... it's sad, but you need equalizers.I was told of a man who drove his vehicle into a Texas restaurant. Of course, the patrons rushed to help him and were petrified when he got out of his vehicle (now within the restaurant) and began shooting. He was rolling through the place killing people left-and-right. A lady was having lunch with her Mother and Father and the man with the gun shot her parents. She had a gun in the vehicle and, at the time, we didn't have a concealed handgun license in our state. This particular incident is the main reason why we do have them now. People who are going to do harm will get the guns ... regardless of laws. This guy was using a shotgun (if I remember correctly) and there are very little laws and regulations regarding these (since they are primarily used for hunting). In any case, it's stories like these - where one person could have stopped this terror after the first shot was fired - that made me get my concealed license.That being said, after going through a couple of gun training courses (namely the one that I received my license from), I have to admit that there are some people with guns that just shouldn't have them. Reasoning: They couldn't hit the red side of a barn and are more of a threat than a potential life-saver...Scary. -C

Hey..
I think your talkin about the Luby's in Kileen? I remember that...
Some would say that if no one had a gun at that point that no one would be killed..
That theory didnt apply to that train in Japan where those dudes pulled out swords and went to town.
Nor does it apply to the Uni-Bomber..............or the Tylenol Killer.... or the guys that flew the planes into the WTC.
The abscence of guns does not equal a shortage of violence.

• 6 months later...
i forget where this quote came from, but it went something like this-
"after a long and grueling war against an unjust government, the leader of the rebellion turned to his soldiers and told them to lay down their guns.
he then looked to his friend next to him and, pointing his own gun at him, told him to hand over his watch.
his friend, fearing for his life, quickly handed over his watch.
the man said "That is why we can never lay down our guns"
my first forray into the serious forums, and i have a feeling im about to get chewed out. but dammit, thats how i feel. the people should be just as well armed and well trained as the government.