So I Had A Sore Throat.......

-well i have had a sore throat for the past few days and I bought a few rolls of Halls Vapor Action cough drops. I was preparing a hookah yesterday and was enjoying a Halls, and it hit me..... So i put the Halls (about half a roll of the cool icy blue ones) in the base, with a Lemon/Mint flavored bowl. Wow, i had no ice in the water and i felt the normal mint feeling in the back of the throat, but man there was the best vapor/cooling/menthol-feeling/flavor ever. You guys should try it, and tell me what you think.

May also try the trick of just using the cough drops and not smoking. I know its not as fun, but probably will make for a faster recovery time...

-UPDATE- I just enjoyed a hookah with AF Berry and Cherry flavored Halls. SUPER BUZZ!! This is just too good to be true.....

-Anyway, how to setup. I've got it down now. Throw about 7-8 halls in your hookah. More if you have a large base. The Vapor-Action really kicks in after the cough drops are dissolved. You can throw them in when you start your hookah, but they won't kick in until they are at least half-way dissolved, so if you let them chill in the water for 10 mins., your good. Also the flavor of the Halls really comes through in the smoke, so mix/plan accordingly. This is a GREAT way to add/mix flavors if you don't want to mix shisha, don't have a certain flavor, or to try different mixes with flavors they don't neccesarily make in shisha.

-Jeff T, i'm hooked on hookah dude, i plan my day around it, lol. Edited by cloudS*****

this sounds awesome, i have to try it

JD do you know what is the best place to get ma3asel from in the UK ?

wow, i had this idea weeks ago, but i never tried it. i wish i had. i can't wait to get back home and finnally try that. i have spearmint caugh drops and i use them all the time while smoking. i get sugar or whatever on the mouthpiece of the hose, though. that's why i think putting the caugh drops in the water would be a great idea.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm trying it right now and WOW, is it awesome! i used 6 Halls caugh drops; spearmint flavor. i'm smoking SB Watermellon, and i thought that it would not mix well, but it is actually pretty good. i don't taste much of the watermellon, but that is okay, i think.

i wonder what flavor would work best with the spearmint caugh drops.

Ricola cough drops anyone? Oh yeahhhh...

But seriously folks, I saw a video awhile back of a guy lining his bowl with cough syrup. DO NOT DO THIS. Many chemicals in various cough syrups release toxic fumes when the contents rise above a certain temperature level.

smile.gif , just dropped 4 Strawberry Halls in my base (its a smaller hookah) , once it gets hitting good ill edit this will a nice litte review and more details of what im using, im pretty excited for this

edit, whoa, ummm hmm buzzedddddd, but flavor isn't to special, i should wait a little longer maybe they gotta dissolve some more , but whoa

okay so now im tasting it, pretty good not sure if im going to do it again, they power out the shisha for sure, thats weird as any other base additive ive had hasnt made this much of an impact, you can so taste it in your mouth like you just had one, really strange, i think the mint ones would be better, strawberry is just weird lol. Edited by zeppyrkr

after the 6 caugh drops dissolved, i smoked a bowl of SB Grape and the flavor was AMAZING. i thought it would taste like total ass, but it was actually the best smoke i've had in a while. when the halls dissolve, the flavor and intensity stay the same, not decrease. in fact, i think that it may be more potent when it dissolves fully, and then decreases very slowly over a long period of time. so they last a long time. next time, though, i think i'll use only 4 or 5 caugh drops, for a lighter flavor, but still soothing.

the next flavor to try with the Halls will be SB Honeyberry.

Update: Honeyberry is AWESOME withe the caugh drops! i used only three this time and it's perfect. Edited by Dom

QUOTE (mathuv @ Dec 27 2007, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol its sold in sweetshops here. hux wayne? tongue.gif

They are sold everywhere! Canteens,sweet shops, pharmacies,confectionaries & even at stationaries!

Well ,in malta they're sure not classified as medication...lol last time i saw this kid having 2 packets of halls on the bus.

WaYnE