I Just Drilled Into My Hookah.

Patzke

So, I brought myself to drill a 1/2" hole into my Mya Bambino: to better my Home Depot hose, and lessen the overall drag on the hookah.

After a while with fiddiling around with it, I came to the conflusion, that where the hose comes to the Hookah, is where the hookah's greatest drag (aka, what makes the hookah hard to pull).

So, I went to see if I had any half inch parts in the house, and sure as shit i did. smile.gif I grabbed a drill, put it to my hookah and drilled away. It was a tough choice, but so far it's worth it. smile.gif Here's some pics; i'll let you know if it was a real big improvement.

I forgot to get a before picture. sad.gif

And I'm going to get a brass peice versus the nylon there.
What do yall think?

EDIT: Oooops i posted in HOW-TO Funhouse instead of General. Edited by Patzke

Yeah, it sure was. tongue.gif Smoking now, so far so good! Pulling it is amazing. Im getting thin smoke though because i didn't fully load my funnel bowl because i didn't want a long session. I'll let you know how it REALLY is tomorrow night. wink.gif

I DID THat with my girlfriends hookah, except i drilled it to where you could still screw in the hose port. it fixed her draw and you could still use a hose, you should have done that instead of drilling INTO the hookah

QUOTE (Canon @ Nov 29 2007, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I DID THat with my girlfriends hookah, except i drilled it to where you could still screw in the hose port. it fixed her draw and you could still use a hose, you should have done that instead of drilling INTO the hookah

Well all I really did was take off where the old hose went in, which was about 1/4" already, and drilled it to fit a 1/2" thread. So even if i want to hook up my old hose thats torn apart and in the trash, i couldn't. tongue.gif

I'm VERY happy with my new hole and hose though. It works great. smile.gif
laugh.gif

QUOTE (nicayotte @ Nov 30 2007, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
saldy no resale value.... but oh well if ur happy thats all that matters 8-)

I could never sell my baby!

QUOTE (TheOneNonlyTK @ Nov 30 2007, 12:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
creative and ballsy but its pretty sweet.... hopefully it lasts a while for ya

Me too. smile.gif Getting a brass fitting tonight.

QUOTE (Akkbar @ Nov 30 2007, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
get a jade green hose cover; it'll look better (my opinion)

Where from? H-S?

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Patzke @ Nov 30 2007, 07:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Akkbar @ Nov 30 2007, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
get a jade green hose cover; it'll look better (my opinion)

Where from? H-S?

Or you can make one, it's not really hard - a simple one will only take less than 1 hour (complexe 3-4) and you can custom choose the fabric to match perfectly.