News: Yahoo Ppc Forbids All "hookah" Sites!

Isn't ALL advertising policy based on perception instead of reality?

As for an online petition, here is my stock answer for every well meaning email/myspace bulletin/ request for a signature:

an online petition is completely useless. With no way ofverifying signatures, they carry no weight. If you want to make a difference: (in order of preference)

1: Talk to your congressman or relevant official in person.
2: Write a letter. A real one, on paper, and mail it with a stamp.
3: Call the official.
4: Sign a hardcopy, verifiable petition (with full name and address) that will be delivered to said official.
5: Send an email with your personal info (not hotstuff69@yahoo.com). Chances are it will get read by an underling, but probably filtered out as spam.
6: Shout it on the streetcorner.
7: whisper it into a knothole, in the hope that fairies will carry your message to their king.
8 Then, if you're bored, sign an online petition and circulate it around myspace, as we all know how much Congress listens to underage girls and middle-age perverts.

:-)

Nothing will change until there is an honest, open dialog about it, and as the largest English speaking forum out there, I feel that it does more harm than good to not be able to have an open discussion (sorry Mush, I held out until I started to get twitchy and that little vein started bulging...)

(/soapbox)

QUOTE (HookahHub.com @ Nov 13 2007, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ Nov 14 2007, 06:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HH: your unhappyness with our anti drug policy has been noted.

Mushrat this is not what I said at all. I simply agreed with "Sariél" when he; not I, stated that all rules require exceptions. As for this forum's "anti drug policy" I "happily" agree and support it as long as it allows for logical and reasonable exceptions; for which I feel this topic falls under, would you not agree Mushrat?

Anything can be used to construct paraphenalia. I have seen 2 liter soda bottles used in various ways. Taking a stance against one thing and not another just shows bias. People who who refuse to educate themselves often fall into this trap.

I also agree that very rarely should a "zero tolerance" policy be implemented. It is the main reason I do not post much here on this forum. Having to fear the Ban Axe because of a word here or there is not good.

But, like Yahoo, and many other sites, one gets hit with the, "It's my forum...if you don't like it, go elsewhere." It is that narrow approach that squelches good open discussion and problem solving. Much like the kid on the playground who takes his ball and goes home because things do not go exactly the way he/she wanted it to go.