Another Homemade Diffuser!

This guy on Youtube came up with a homemade diffuser idea out of a a piece of a soda can.

You can learn how to make one by watching his video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TEqcY4QORqc

My review of it: It WORKS great! It makes the smoke so smooth and I can really taste the flavor of the tobacco a lot more! When I tried one hit without it, it made my whole hookah shake and I couldn't really taste the tobacco as much as I did with the diffuser. With the diffuser, my hookah doesn't shake around and it really quiets down the noise.

I'll post up pics of mines later cool.gif Instead of using tape to make the diffuser stay on the bottom of the stem, I basically "molded" the peice around the bottom of the stem and it worked perfectly! Just make sure that when you attach it to the bottom of your stem that its small enough to go through your vase or else your risking it getting stuck in it!

I'm DEFINITELY buying the real thing once I get the chance! wink.gif This is a great alternative if you don't want to spend a lot of money on the real deal!

Try it out and post up what you thought about it! biggrin.gif

EDIT:
UPDATE! biggrin.gif Pictures of my diffuser! tongue.gif

[attachment=710:hmm_003.jpg]

[attachment=711:hmm_004.jpg] Edited by JillyIsJustKidding

QUOTE (olooko @ Nov 6 2007, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks dangerous Al cans can be sharp. I would just stick to the straw concept. Thx for sharing, it's always fun to see a new spin on an old idea.

Hehe I know that why I used a towel to help "mold" it around the stem so i wouldn't cut myself on accident cuz that would suck. You just have to be careful when you cut the holes. Other than that, it's a great idea :] Edited by JillyIsJustKidding

QUOTE (animal00043 @ Nov 18 2007, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
also you might want to watch out for the chemicals of the spray paint on the soda can dissipating into the water in the base.

About the paint: I don't think that's possible and that it can harm you. Its not meeting with anything hot so I dont think it would be a big deal tongue.gif the only thing I'd worry about is rust after a few months...But I wouldn't worry too much about that since I can make another one.

After using this, I'm going to order the real diffuser tomorrow biggrin.gif Edited by mushrat

• 6 months later...
iv tried it , it works really GOOD !!! , just like a real diffuser but im not sure if its bad for your health ...next time i will try starws tongue.gif .

EDIT:: how long can i use it for ? when should i change it ? Edited by chsajid

• 4 months later...
QUOTE (chsajid @ Jun 16 2008, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
iv tried it , it works really GOOD !!! , just like a real diffuser but im not sure if its bad for your health ...next time i will try starws tongue.gif .

EDIT:: how long can i use it for ? when should i change it ?

think that would depend on how often/long you smoke with that particular stem, i check mine whenever i clean for rust or wear, using the same one about twice a day for about a week now and all is well.

another idea i may try on the next one is shape it a little different (thinking about an upside down mushroom) then painting it with some anti rust paint and a sealer to make my soda can diffuser last forever smile.gif

just a thought as of now tho Edited by usmamyer