Opposites And Opinions

Xeft

After reading James Lovelock's theory. I've felt intrigued to get your opinions on my theories.

Here's what I believe, hopefully this will make sense to you all. I'll try to make this sound as understanding as I can.

Opposites. The one word that describes and explains what exists and what doesn't. Everything we see, feel, touch, hear plays a role of existence, with opposites to prove it. Everything that exists, has an opposite.

Two kinds of opposites. Their are opposing opposites and what I call non-opposites.

Opposing opposites: Should be obvious, but mostly understood with "against". Life to Death, Pleasure to Pain, God to Devil etc. Opposing opposites are one "thing" that has "another half" which is 100% against the "thing".

Non-Opposites: As I stated, everything has an opposite. However some things you can't say what it's opposite is, based on opposing factors. For example: you can't say the opposite of a chair is a window or a car. This is when the non-opposite applies. The opposite of the chair would be "the chair not being there, hasn't been created". That chair was never made, was never carved, the tree that the chair came from never got cut down. That's the opposite. I call it non-opposite, with the non factor being like non-existent. But it is exsitent because it came from a tree that does exist. So it's a non-opposite.

Moving on.

So thus, my main thoery is: Opposites proves exsistence. But let's take the one thing that I can't explain:

God and Devil. Opposing opposites yes. But we can't see, hear, feel, touch or do anything related to actual proof that god or the devil exists. So how do we know they do?

WE DON'T!

The idea I've come to understand is either of two things. God was created as a image to control and organize life from breaking into chaos OR god does exsist and we just can't prove it yet.

But to make god really prove like he exists (he might but we don't know, like I said), whoever created his image, created his opposite "the devil".

So the only thing I can't explain with me theory is god and the devil being real or not. But with my thoery, it is very difficult to believe in god or the devil. I choose to believe in them still only because they can still make an appearence tongue.gif

I was partly drunk when writing this...so HAR HAR HAR!!!!

but the theory is true...!!!!Fsdgfdhgfhg

Your 'opposing opposites' aren't really opposing in many cases.

Life vs. death... viruses? Small, arguably not living, but biochemically active and capable of integration into 'living' organisms.
Pleasure and pain... whether you're talking about physical or mental, not only would many people not consider these opposites, but some would consider them intertwined.

Have a go at your theory when you're not drunk, and tell us what you come up with/if you see anything differently.

Okay so, viruses we'll take as the first example. What's the opposite of a virus? Even though a virus can be claimed or argued as living or not living, that's besides the fact that it has an opposite. I wouldn't claim a virus has an opposing opposite. Some might claim it's opposing opposite is antidote or something. But I'd actually case that as a non-opposite. I can imagine viruses that can't be cured. So those viruses and their opposites being "non-existent", thus a non-opposite.

But to clarify a little better for you. My theory is the very simple and exact lowdown of life. You can't take things and bring them into other opposites factors. Taking a virus (when it has it's own opposite) and bringing it into life/death opposites. Like trying to put a supercharger in your toyota which doesn't fit and wont have an effect.

But then I can understand more of what your talking about because then what exactly would you clarify as life or death? Something that lives then dies. A virus could be argued as both, which is the reason itself why it shouldn't be placed as either life or death.

Pleasure and Pain, Physical or Mental, what exactly do you mean "intertwined". Is that like Hellraiser talk? The true pleasure is the pain you suffer in hell? Give me the lowdown on that before I can answer it.

So to end this:

How can something that already has an opposite be brought into other opposites factoirs?
1. Like saying the opposite of a chair is both a pencil & a desk?
2. Only 1 opposite factor to create something and prove existence.