My Own Hhh

everydayshisha

just finish my own HHH (HAndHeldHookah) and i love it. I decided to do it after watching the HHH on youtube (http://youtube.com/watch?v=1fZROqYKPjc) for the millionth time.
I did not just do my own but made it more usable by making it fit just anybottle without any mods on it. Its made out of 3 1/8" Pure copper tubes for stem and another one for the "hose". This thing stands just 7 inches high without the bowl and 11 with it!
The pics i took are using the smallest bottle that can be used due to stem lenght.
Its really unbelievable how big clouds i get from such a small "thingy".
The whole building procedure took just 30 mins after collecting all the necessary material.
I am smoking out of it and i can easily say it hits as good as a 22" professionally made egyptian!

ENJOY
Here goes the album ! http://s213.photobucket.com/albums/cc63/s1oz/
(yeah that kid is me!)

Cheers

QUOTE (john_smith @ Oct 8 2007, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Very nice, my HHH produces about a 1/5 of that amount of smoke:(
What brand Shisha are you using?

In the specific session it was Al Fakher Golden Seal strawbery but it allway smokes like that biggrin.gif

QUOTE (wufabufa @ Oct 9 2007, 07:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
please guys, no more copper in your hookahs. have some reguard for your own safety.

Copper is food-safe thus used in cookware
Fumes (copper oxide) that are constantly produced by copper at room temp (due to reaction with hydrogen) are minimal and completetly harmless to human.

Cheers and thanks for your interest for health Edited by everydayshisha

QUOTE (everydayshisha @ Oct 9 2007, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
please guys, no more copper in your hookahs. have some reguard for your own safety.

Fumes (copper oxide) that are constantly produced by copper at room temp (due to reaction with hydrogen) are minimal and completetly harmless to human.

Cheers and thanks for your interest for health

Oh crap... here we go again. sad.gif Another copper debate.

Nice job on the little guy e.d.s! Looks like it hits the way a HHH ought to.

John Smith, please show us some pics or tell us how you made yours. Perhaps we can troubleshoot some problems for you. smile.gif Edited by tingjunkie

QUOTE (tingjunkie @ Oct 10 2007, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (everydayshisha @ Oct 9 2007, 04:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cheers and thanks for your interest for health

Oh crap... here we go again. sad.gif Another copper debate.

Nice job on the little guy e.d.s! Looks like it hits the way a HHH ought to.

John Smith, please show us some pics or tell us how you made yours. Perhaps we can troubleshoot some problems for you. smile.gif

I don't have a camera on me, but the construction is fairly straightforward. The vase of the hookah is a plastic juice bottle, about 10" high. I drilled a hole into the lid of the bottle, and through the hole goes two hollowed out pens joined end-to-end with electrical tape for the stem. The bottle has a hole in the side with a wide-ish plastic straw for use as the hose. For a bowl I use an apple cut in half and hollowed out in order to make room for the shisha. All the joints are pretty much air tight except for the hole which the hose comes out of, although I don't think that has alot of effect.

The pipe smokes horribly. I've tried to use it three times now (twice with Havana Grape, once with Al Fakher Strawberry) and have received thin, unpleasantly harsh smoke that I can't draw for long without coughing. The only thing I can think of being the problem is the apple bowl, as the hookah itself seems to be well constructed otherwise (or at least it seems so to me).

Any help would be appreciated:)

QUOTE (john_smith @ Oct 16 2007, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The vase of the hookah is a plastic juice bottle, about 10" high. I drilled a hole into the lid of the bottle, and through the hole goes two hollowed out pens joined end-to-end with electrical tape for the stem. The bottle has a hole in the side with a wide-ish plastic straw for use as the hose. For a bowl I use an apple cut in half and hollowed out in order to make room for the shisha...
The pipe smokes horribly....

biggrin.gif The contraption you just described is pretty different than my design or e.d.s.'s, so it's hard to guess where the problem might be found.

To be totally honest, it sounds like you threw the thing together from whatever you found around the house and didn't spend a hell of a lot of time in the construction process. Since it smokes so poorly, I would just scrap it and start over. Take a look at some of the designs and materials others have used to build similar hookahs. There are several sets of instructions to be found around the How-To-Funhouse. Good luck with any future attempts. If you get it right, it will smoke well enough to be worth the trouble. wink.gif

QUOTE (nicayotte @ Oct 17 2007, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHy are you so worried about health when what we are doing is smoking.....

do you also advocate the use of bbq briquettes for hookah charcoal?

that's like telling boxers to get rid of mouth guards and gloves. why are they so worried about losing their teeth and breaking their hands when what they're doing is fighting.......

QUOTE (tingjunkie @ Oct 18 2007, 10:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (john_smith @ Oct 16 2007, 07:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The vase of the hookah is a plastic juice bottle, about 10" high. I drilled a hole into the lid of the bottle, and through the hole goes two hollowed out pens joined end-to-end with electrical tape for the stem. The bottle has a hole in the side with a wide-ish plastic straw for use as the hose. For a bowl I use an apple cut in half and hollowed out in order to make room for the shisha...
The pipe smokes horribly....

biggrin.gif The contraption you just described is pretty different than my design or e.d.s.'s, so it's hard to guess where the problem might be found.

To be totally honest, it sounds like you threw the thing together from whatever you found around the house and didn't spend a hell of a lot of time in the construction process. Since it smokes so poorly, I would just scrap it and start over. Take a look at some of the designs and materials others have used to build similar hookahs. There are several sets of instructions to be found around the How-To-Funhouse. Good luck with any future attempts. If you get it right, it will smoke well enough to be worth the trouble. wink.gif

Although it IS made from common household materials, there was no shortage of effort put into the construction. The pipe is airtight at every seal (except one, which can be fixed easily) and should function perfectly. Like I said, I'm thinking the main problem with the pipe was the apple head. Regardless though, I don't have the motivation to make another HHH, I'll just stick with my Egyptian from now on.

Please stop saying that copper is dangerous and Brass is not. Brass is an alloy of copper and Zinc. The first thing you learn in Chemistry at school is that alloys are mixures and the contented elements retain their properties. Which means Brass oxidizes in the same way Copper does and releases the same ammount of Copper oxide. There is no difference in using copper or Brass. Edited by everydayshisha

• 5 months later...
It looks like the apple bowl is the problem. Try making the hole in the apple deeper, it looks and sounds like you have too little shisha for it to burn well. Other than that It looks very nice for one made of pen parts and tape. Good job smile.gif