I Hate The Un And Everything It Stands For

nestormakhno

First of all:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070905/ap_on_...un_us_economy_1

Prompted me to call bullshit. Markets are sensitive beings, and people don't seem to realize this. When you say the economy is going to collapse, what are investors going to do? Let me give you a hint: they're going to pull out. When the UN, which is as useless as it is self-righteous, publishes some garbage report about how the US is going to have lower growth than Europe - a prospect that is laughable to anyone with even a trace of a brain, considering that we still have a decent stock market, among other things - investors are obviously not going to be happy (sorry, run-on sentence; it's the hatred).

These hypocritical jackasses and their celebrity buttboys (e.g. Bono and Angelina Jolie) feel that they have the proper economic knowledge and political brio to publish crap like that; in the meantime, Kofi Anan's son is getting obscenely rich off Oil for Food. Before you start shitting on someone else's finances, look into yours.

The UN, for all its "aid" to developing countries, has probably done more harm than good in all of its existence. Sorry if this post is mildly incoherent. Heh.

P.S. When I wrote the subject line, everything was perfectly and correctly capitalized. And then the forum fucked it up. So, don't think I'm illiterate. tongue.gif The end. Edited by nestormakhno

Its obvious the economy is going to slow down. The war in Iraq has driven the price of oil to new records, when the price of oil goes up, the price of energy goes up, when that happens, people buy less because they have to spend more for gas and electricity and such, so the economy slows...but ironically, the prices go up as well, because companies have to pay more to get the shit transported and workers have to have increases in wages to support the increases in price in the basic necessities. The same thing happened in the mid-70s in response to the oil embargo...economists call it stagflation and it defies traditional economic models, because it shouldn't be possible. Traditional economics say that inflation and recession are opposites, not possibly coexisting.

What that report is also talking about is Gross Domestic Product (GDP). Its kinda of the price tag for the whole United States, how rich we are, together. The price of Real Estate is falling, all over the U.S., in many markets, and that reduction in prices all over will lower the whole price tag on the United States...since the real estate is worth less. The real question is the GDP growth rate falling a real problem? Can't say, but if we start going negative (losses), thats a problem. That report is kind of a "who cares?" kind of a thing, I know what you mean.

The U.N. is no different than the United States, both dudes with big nuts, but each has his own way of laying the shit down. The media in the U.S. is largely anti-UN, so a lot of the shit you hear about the U.N. is biased. Ultimately, the U.N. is going to vary, based on the constituent members at a given time, but they mean well, they don't like the U.S. that much, but need us to some degree. They do some good things and they do some political and stupid things. Nobody's perfect.

Spend half a day and find out about them...maybe one day, in our lifetime, for better or worse, the UN, or something similar to it will have sway in all corners of the world, the beginnings of a global government...hopefully a republican body, like the U.N., but who knows. I think they, or a group like them, is the future of politics on the Earth...I'm not happy about it, but it does seem inevitable. Edited by Sonthert

• 1 month later...
I totally agree. no country has any right to tell another country how to run their country.

I support the war in Iraq if we would bone up and admit it's about oil!

I'm sik of paying 3 bucks for gas

War is to get stuff! lets take their oil thats what war is for, not for making them be like us!

QUOTE (Bushbr @ Oct 25 2007, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Foos @ Oct 25 2007, 12:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry for the subject change but I'm curious to know what other people are paying for gas.

Here its about 2.65 for regular unleaded.

$2.97 or so here in MN

I am glad I don't live in "da' cities"!

Up here it's 2.69$ U and 2.27 E-85.