Opd's New Website 7/15/07

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (boomhauer @ Jul 18 2007, 09:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok did a little more looking and found a few better sites with lots more than just what a forum has so it can be added to the site in the future possibly although we dont really need them. just upload them somewhere then use the img tags!

http://www.clicksmilies.com/
http://www.mysmilies.com/
http://www.emoticons4u.com/

Thanks ALOT!!!

Hookah!! YAY!!! !

-H&S

QUOTE (boomhauer @ Jul 18 2007, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow i was looking for a hookah but never found one

I got it a while ago.....its cool tho

check these others:

I don't know why but this just cracked me up.....must of been the obseen nes with the big smiley face!! here it is:

And ofcourse beer is always good:

!!!! !!!!!

-H&S

QUOTE (boomhauer @ Jul 18 2007, 09:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actually the thread got a lot better i say with the smileys. we where just going over the same thing over and over and over and he gave up on answers so had no use

Exactly so everybody smile a little bit and post some weird and wonderful smileys until smiley himself decides to appear!!! And answer a few questions!!!

-H&S Edited by *HOT&SMOKING*

From this point out, stay on topic or your post will be deleted and this thread will close. If you're post doesn't have anything to do with the OP, then don't post it. No more goofy ass worthless pictures/animations.

Thank you..

wow that site was made by a 10 year old.. holy crap.

the order page does not even have an SSL certificate. its not secure in any way. its just a comment box!

holy crap.. i cant believe that. smiley used to have so much respect, and now this website is killing it all.... wow..

Dude...have you guys checked out his Order page!...it has an image of a "Secure Order Form" BUT if you check their source..this is a LIE!...Also, you are to send CC information via a form!?...Just go there everyone and submit stupid information...it TOTALLY works!..Proving it's NOT a secure site because it would all default with errors!..What a bunch of morons!..

Not to mention whomever tossed it together with their eyes closed, has NO idea of marketing whatsoever!!!..that site is a joke.

QUOTE (Evil_Spork @ Jul 18 2007, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow that site was made by a 10 year old.. holy crap.

the order page does not even have an SSL certificate. its not secure in any way. its just a comment box!

holy crap.. i cant believe that. smiley used to have so much respect, and now this website is killing it all.... wow..

AHH..dude...sorry, I just saw your post...I guess we are all on the same page here biggrin.gif

heres a copypaste of my emails back and forth with OPD. yeah, i was rude, yeah i attacked the site. but seriously.. wtf..
just so you can see what hes saying and how he acts when he gets knocked off his high horse.
OPD = arnold
Me = Dominic (o noes u know my naem! *gasp*)

ok this is not going to sound professional at all but i cant just let it slide.

this is basically the worst website i have come across in the last 5 years..
you have false claims of the only american shisha, which is NOT true.
your order page is NOT secure in any way.
the prices are ABSURD.. $40 for a box of coals????!! WHAT?! and to top it off you don't even say what coals one would be buying. theres 2 brands in the picture!!
the products have no descriptions
the title of the main page is "index".. cmon people, ANY attention to detail.. at all?
glass screenz... with a z.. wow..
all of the pages have a prev 1 2 3 next at the bottom weather there are multiple pages or not. get it together.
an ugly tiled background
every image is stretched out of proper aspect ratio.

wtf people. how could someone actually PAY for something like this... wow

the compete lack of qualiy is appalling. having worked in quality assurance for a web development company, im disgusted. you're bringing a bad name to hookahs with that abomination of a website.

smiley, i hope you read this yourself. you're committing internet business suicide.

dump OPD, and get a real company to help.

wow.. ok im done. consider me a lost customer... and anyone else with half a brain who isnt willing to use a non-secure order form.

hey Dominic..
you can have your opinion...really you can..let me see websites you have built..let me guess..what you want to build me a website because your a web guru who makes millions and is the man..
funny how I took down the only.....
if you don't like my pricing, don't buy from me...did i say anything to you about buying from me..no...you went to my website and than attack me..
good luck in the future as your attitude is truly pathetic...
i am glad you stated clearly you are not a customer...thank you..
enjoy the smileys when you end up buying it...i know you will love it..
also..have you ever heard, if you don't have something nice to say, dont' say it...
you want to call me and talk..520.319.5709*109
call me, my name is arnold and I honestly would love to talk to a man with such strong convictions about quality control and perfection.
what do you do for a living?

the site said "PLEASE CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS YOU MAY HAVE."
so im doing just that, contacting you.

look at the short list of things i sent. can you honestly say that you think that is quality?
did you use front page or did you actually code the site yourself?

no im not a millionaire or the man, i just know the differance between pretending to be a quality website, and a complete waste of time and effort.

as for a website i worked on.. sure, heres a few:
http://www.guayaki.com/ you may enjoy their tea
http://www.foxwoodlakealmanor.com/
http://www.alohashirtshop.com/
http://www.rcracingunlimited.com/

now please, take a look at those. you honestly cant defend sexyshisha.com as being a good quality website.

no comments about the order form being THIS close to a fraud?
what do YOU do for a living?

what i do, i work with computers. i own and operate a computer support company locally. i build, upgrade and repair peoples computers.
i previously worked at the company that produced the sites i linked above, and due to health issues had to leave.
my attitude is not pathetic, its honest and expectant. i expect someone like smiley to get a company that actually gives a crap about the products they put out. he had my respect, but after all this, i just cant see myself ever actually trying a smiley product.
PS. it still says the only american produced shisha.

Look Dominic,
my business isn't a website, sorry to tell you, but my real business is distribution, the website is information, which none of you online has figured out.
I don't want to be competition for websites that will carry my product, it doesn' t make sense..so I know what I am doing.
I thank you for pointing out issues with my site, I really do..thanks..
I am no where near fraud, actually my orderform creates a better legal option to order from..I am not going to get into with you.
I apologize for being rude, but please...realize this business is sooo much bigger than a simple little website, do you have any idea on how big of distribution center I am..I doubt you do and you want to know something, If I am doing my job correctly(which I am) you would never know of what I do..because you deal my with MY customers who in turn sell to consumers.
ok..I am so sick of explaining myself to people on the forums and people who have the gall to write what you wrote..yes, it says please contact if you have questions or concerns, but honestly do you do this with every company or you read a thread on jumped on the wagon...i think the latter is the truth...
ok...so there you have it..take it for what it is worth.
I do apologize for being rude, I am sorry for that...
arnold

im not jumping on a bandwagon. i just saw the site and couldn't just let it slide.
there are some things on there that *MUST* be fixed. like for instance, false advertising, absurd prices($40 box of coals?) and the order form makes identity theft incredibly easy.

and just overall, tidy the place up.. for the sake of people who will see it and think hookah is something its not...

if this is a distribution portal, make the images NICE.(by nice i mean 2-4 images, large size without being 4mb, rename them something that makes sense, and half the thumbnails aspect ratio correct.) give each product a DETAILED description, several pictures, and dont put a fake order form or prices up. have people contact you for a PDF pride list.
the way you have it done is the reason you're getting flak. you gotta think if everyone on the forums are bad-mouthing you.. maybe you actually are doing something the people with the money dont like? maybe??

on the bandwagon note: chalk me up for another saying the $6 for 15g of shisha is stupid and i wouldn't smoke that stuff for free if thats the normal price. i dont care how good it is.
the rest of it, either take the site down and rethink it, or expect to keep getting reactions like mine.

if you need help making the website, either buy a cookie-cutter template, or ask someone for help. i know some people on the forums are web developers.

EDIT: just got this email:

Dominic, we have a huge problem here, you have posted my private emails online without my permission.
you speak of issues, you have just broken the law, and I waited till 8 am east coast time to make sure with my lawyer...
i would highly suggest not breaking the law here!!! I can sue you and supoena hookahforum for your information....please don't post any private email of mine again or you will hear from my lawyer........

my reply:

Arnold,
you speak of legal issues.. your fake ""secure"" order form, false claims of the only american shisha.. take your idle threats elsewhere. its in my inbox too, therefore its my information as much as yours. public domain.
have your lawyer email me the federal law code in which i am violating.
and on that note, since youre clearly still reading the forums, why not reply and answer the big questions people have and maybe save face.. if thats possible.
if you were just mature about the whole drama and actually answered questions and admitted your mistakes, people would have a much different view of you, your company, and smiley right now.

warm regards,
Dominic Edited by Evil_Spork

imho OPD is just being stubborn and rather than admit he might be wrong he is going to "show us all" and we he crashes and burns we can say "tough luck, but we tried to help." because yes we maybe some of us could have said it nicer but here is what we are trying to say

1. Your website does not look professional
2. Your ordering form is going to get you in some hot water eventually, it is not secure and this is just bad, makes you seem like you dont know what your doing
3. If your so big, why not have a website to professionally represent what you are attempting to sell
4. Your prices are outrageous, please please please say that your shisha has gold leaf in it to justify that price
5. You are not the only American made shisha

I believe that is the jist of what everyone is trying to say, hopefully you will eventually realize we are not against you, we are trying to help you become better and in turn better represent the hookah community

QUOTE (jaker29902 @ Jul 19 2007, 04:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
imho OPD is just being stubborn and rather than admit he might be wrong he is going to "show us all" and we he crashes and burns we can say "tough luck, but we tried to help." because yes we maybe some of us could have said it nicer but here is what we are trying to say

1. Your website does not look professional
2. Your ordering form is going to get you in some hot water eventually, it is not secure and this is just bad, makes you seem like you dont know what your doing
3. If your so big, why not have a website to professionally represent what you are attempting to sell
4. Your prices are outrageous, please please please say that your shisha has gold leaf in it to justify that price
5. You are not the only American made shisha

I believe that is the jist of what everyone is trying to say, hopefully you will eventually realize we are not against you, we are trying to help you become better and in turn better represent the hookah community

the order form also falsely claims to be secure. wink.gif

QUOTE (Hannibal @ Jul 19 2007, 04:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dominic well done sir, I tip my hat to thee laugh.gif .

biggrin.gif Edited by Evil_Spork

I just can't believe so many of you still give a shit about this... Every damn thread about OPD has gotten record pages... If you don't want to support him, stop talking about him. Stop talking about Smiley's, etc etc etc... The horse is fucking dead, and nothing but mashed up pulp into the dirt..

I keep hearing the same points brought up over and over again. Every once in a while some new interesting info comes up and that gets talked into the ground..

I'm sure you've all seen a commercial on TV that you can't stand. It's got a dumbass theme song, its annoying as shit, whatever... The fact of the matter is you remember that product, talk about that product etc. That doesn't mean you necessary buy it, but you are made aware and thats something advertisers go for... If you really don't like OPD, Smiley, whoever, stop talking about them.

Obviously this is JUST MY $.02, and I'm not going to tell people what not to do, unless its off topic or derogatory. I just think we should just finally get over this. Smiley and OPD obviously know whats happening, so why continue this?

WOW...I am shocked at the responce that Smiley's is giving you. If I did not know any better I would say that he is like 9 years old! He may be OPD's twin!

His site is NO where professional even for a business card site. It should not even be used for reference material for vendors as he claims to be a distributor. His comments are VERY unprofessional and idiotic. No wonder everyone is having a problem with this company.

Secure site my ass!! He is really burning a lot of bridges here...Good job guys!

I do alot of coding in php, html, and ASP, and as a web programmer i can assure you its only time before you get exploited in some way. That isn't secure, that's just like posting my info on this forum. I know everyone has been fighting over and over about this but OPD needs to realize that people all together are losing interst in his product now, doesn't matter if his product is alot cheaper on websites. What he is doing now is turning everyone away, and who would want to support someone that is so stubborn like that, and until you show proof of this big distribution group you say you have, i will continue to believe its you in your garage. I'm not buying shisha by some guy making it in his garage. Also, if your so big, why wouldn't you have hired someone to make this website, and not do it in frontpage...

I would not exactly say that making a business out of your garage is a bad thing at all..I am out of my garage and I fabricate hundreds of quality parts a month and sell to about 80 dealers and distributors around the world...I also personally know MAJOR label companies that are out of their homes biggrin.gif...No over head is always the way to go.

I would just say that he needs to represent himself and his product to the highest of standards and back his product. THat's ALL you have to do!..you can be working from your car and STILL make tons of $ and be the absolute best company out there!

They are just WAY over their heads and pissing everyone off is not the way to do business. It;s funny that smiley would have a distributor represent their product?? Distributors are typically very silent and are just the middle man. For OPD to come on this forum and back a product he obviously has NO idea about is absurd.

Smiley or whaterver the hell his name is should be the only person on this forum backing up his product and laying down the facts. I think OPD is Smiley?..or representing himself as such on this forum?..

Sure, their site sucks, their product is horrible, their customer service needs major revaluation BUT I think it will never stop them from selling to the consumer because there are still way too many people out there that do not know any better.

As long as the site is up, they will use it to their advantage and sell product. It's just a major shame and a major blow to the Hookah industry to have this GARBAGE out there.

I wasn't try to offend garage business, or business's that are home based, but i'm not to sure something i inhale, i would like to be made like that. I started my first business like that, that went corporate, and now has a full office. I'm just saying that he has to show some proof of this for us to believe.