My Nalgene Bottle Hookah

i just finished my nalgene bottle hookah

what i used:

bowl -cheap bowl from local shop (came with white grommet)
stem- "1/2 inch stainless steel nipple" -from hardware store (found in the conduit section)
stem (bottom)- 1/2 in vinyl tubing (crammed in the bottom of the nipple)
base- nalgene water bottle
hose connector- some little threaded pipe thing with a nut i found in my garage
hose - some more vinyl tubing

i drilled the holes in the cap of the water bottle a little small so i could just screw the fittings in and theyd be airtight , and the bowl grommet fits perfectly over the end of the nipple

i tested it and everything is airtight
havent gotten a chance to smoke it yet but it should do until i get back to college

let me know wat u guys think Edited by tallerthanu2399

Nice! If you can find a smaller bowl, it looks like you can fit it and the hose inside the bottle for easy transportation.

My friends and i tried to do something like this last weekend but got tired and just bought a new hookah.

Good job.

QUOTE (stryet @ Jul 10 2007, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice! If you can find a smaller bowl, it looks like you can fit it and the hose inside the bottle for easy transportation.

My friends and i tried to do something like this last weekend but got tired and just bought a new hookah.

Good job.

thanks i may do that - i just went with the cheapest the store had

i smoked my new hookah for about 5 minutes today, then it started downpouring so i had to stop..

i smoked it with al amir honeydew melon - i could not detect very much flavor at all with this shisha, but maybe with a little more time ill be able to taste it... ive got plenty of it (250 g)

the hookah hit well after only about a minute... some nice clouds

i had a lil water in my hose tho because i washed it to get the vinyl taste out of it, and it hadnt completely dried

overall i enjoyed my 5 min session that was cut a little short, but ill see if i can give it another go once the rain lets up

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (Smoke my lunch @ Sep 7 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So wait i dont get it, where does the coal go? in the bowl? but what about the shisha?

The shisha goes in the bowl, then foil goes over it, then you put a coal on top...I'm guessing you've never smoked out of a hookah before.

But hey your hookah looks pretty damn sexy for a DIY one... good job

You might want to rethink the plastic tubing for the bottem of your stem. The smoke is really hot and it could melt it enough to give off some toxic fumes. Some ppl use it for a defuser and that is ok because it is submerged in cold water.

Overall the hookah looks great. Good Job man Edited by olooko