Nicayottes New Invention

nicayotte

Well here is my story of how i came up with this idea and the design.....

I run just about everyday and it is currently hot here so i take a water bottle with me, well I just got a new water bottle last week with a freezable core.

Basically you take the outer shell of the bottle where the water is stored away and you are left with the mouth piece attached to a stem that contains water which is also freezable. I decided that i would attempt to make one of these for my hookah stem!

Here is my design....

Basically it is a reusable freezable tube that fits around most standard hookahs. What prevents it from sliding off the end of your hookah is the ball at the end of your stem, overall I feel that this works very very well in cooling your stem thus your smoke. I have had great results with this and found it is very easy to work with. Edited by nicayotte

i like it, is it any better than simply putting ice in your base?

ive been thinking of toying with the idea of making a hookah enclosed in a mini fridge, with the bowl on the exterior and the stem going straight down into it... dont know if itll work but i dunno maybe itll give me something to do when i get back to college (besides my homework of course wink.gif )

• 3 weeks later...
finally got off my butt and made one of this sort of thing. worked rather well but since it was my first one i used only water and not the gel. normally after my sessions the water is not very cool and more towards the warm side but it was still well "ice cold". the same sort of cool that you get if you have one of those water coolers. ill post up some pictures after i make my gel one and compare it to my ice one. unfortunately unlike nicayotte's hookah which has that bulge at the bottom i cut mine off as it was it was just a nut which was welded on and was making it harder to put the diffuser on and cutting the plastic so yeah its gone, had to use a paper clip instead to hold it on.

yeah it lasts a long time and if you use it in conjuntion with ice its thicker cool smoke. also great as it wont increase the water level due to ice melting (even though it actually decreases slightly since ice takes up more volume water)