My Custom Wooden Hooka And My Mya Hookah

mrmonk7663

Alright, here are a couple of my hookahs. 1 is my Mya Hookah that I pieced together, the other is a Custom Wooden Hookah that I actually built myself and finished up last week. It actually works quite well, not as great as the Mya, but for a custom built from the ground up, it works wonderful. Pics for your pleasure :-) I'll try to get some pics of my tall Egyptian later this week and I"ll post them as well.

Salam,
Michael

And this is the last of the pics. Thanks!!! Mike

No my staircase isn't missing any pieces lol. Good eye though, I started with a wood blank of a table leg. The chamber area was something I constructed.

Mike

Yay!!! I'm glad yall like the way it looks. I was thinking about selling them, time consuming hookah but it's a fun project. Thanks for the props, now i'm happy :-)

• 5 weeks later...
Wow, just yesterday me and my friend were talking about making a "custom hookah primarily made of wood". Darn coincidences! Thanks this gave me some good ideas.
It looks awesome btw, did you buy the vase with the rope on it or did you diy?

• 4 weeks later...
Hey,

I'm planning on building my own wood-stemmed hookah soon. Do you mind if I ask you a few questions?

First how tall is the stem/table leg?

In proportion and in actuality how long is the metal tube running through the stem?

Did you just use a single long drill bit to create the hole for the stem tube?

Did you glue the tube to the wood, or was it a snug fit already?

What kind of metal pipe did you use? What diameter? In hindsight would you use a thinner of wider diameter than what you did?

How did you create the seal between the vase and the stem? Did you buy a normal grommet and then carve the wood to fit it. For mine, I think I'm going to get a piece of solid latex rubber and carve it to suit the bottom of the stem.

Any other advice on dealing with matching the wood to the other parts?

Cheers on having made a nice, and unique, nargiileh.

Est