Tangiers Wont Smoke Well

QUOTE (aldonb1 @ Jul 10 2007, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i would actually suggest Kiwi for anyone who is first trying tangiers... it is very newbie friend tangiers.

just my $.02

Haven't had that, but I will say that their Orange Soda is phenomenal. It gets a little heavy, but the flavor is so dead on. Not to mention every other flavor I've tried is dead on.

QUOTE (SmokeMojo @ Jul 10 2007, 12:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I too want to thank Eric for a quality product as well..

To quote a little Frank the Tank.. "Once it hits your lips it tastes so good!"

Haha, I remember the first time I smoked hookah like 2 years ago, someone said that exact quote when I took my first pull... good times.

About to try my tangiers orange soda again today... I let it acclimate overnite and stirred it a few times so hopefully it'll be good to go biggrin.gif

QUOTE ([Elmo] @ Jul 10 2007, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Haha, I remember the first time I smoked hookah like 2 years ago, someone said that exact quote when I took my first pull... good times.

About to try my tangiers orange soda again today... I let it acclimate overnite and stirred it a few times so hopefully it'll be good to go biggrin.gif

Give us an update, how is it going?

QUOTE (Huskysibe @ Jul 10 2007, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE ([Elmo] @ Jul 10 2007, 10:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Give us an update, how is it going?

It'll probably be later this evening, but yeah I'll make sure to post how it goes.

Yeah, its true. Whenever the report "Thin smoke, no flavor, harsh" comes up here locally, I tell them to come in. When I show people how to pack a bowl its always "Oh, thats a lot more than I use." Tangiers is less dense than other brands because it has a lot less water. You think you're using so much, but you're not.

ok...tried it for the 2nd time yesterday....

i packed the bowl really high (was pretty much touching the foil)...and let it acclimate for 2 1/2 - 3 hours this time (with the foil on and upside down so the juices go to the top)...i also topped it off with some havana menthol...

it was probably one of the best ive ever got my hookah to smoke...the smoke was perfect and it lasted for 1:15 but still had alot left this time...probably another 45 minutes worth...however...it was smoking wonderfully and everything...but i still did not taste a strong raspberry flavor...i think this specific tangiers flavor is supposed (or just is) very faint...i dont know what else i could do to make the flavor any better...i acclimated it...i filled it to the top...the mint had ridiculously good flavor (and only was like 1/8 or 1/6 of my bowl...the rest was raspberry)...i'll try the f-line apple this weekend and see if the flavor is more pronounced.... Edited by Ehagen8008

• 3 years later...
Ok, so i am currently smokin tangiers orange soda. My solution was to break off one of those metal lid things from a different bowl that i have. Take the lid and pliers and bend the rim outward. Now using a phunnel pack the shisha moderately tight use tin foil. Now take one cocoa nara and place it directly in the middle, Now put the modified lid over the foil. This way, it never gets harsh and uses just the heat and not the coal to make smoke that never gets harsh. I have been smoking this bowl with great clouds for almost and hour, with no let up. hope this helps.

Also, attach a diffuser to the stem of your hookah. Makes the taste so much better. If you dont know how to make one, look on youtube. Its worth it.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1309323748' post='514077']
Seriously. 4 years? Spammer? I mean seriously look at his name. Stool Softener......
[/quote]
Michael its ok. shit happens.

These lyrics are for necro threads though

They see me trollin!
They hatin!

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1309350240' post='514091']
I'm still laughing at his name sorry.
[/quote]

I'm laughing at his advice. I can't even figure out what he's trying to say there.

It's always a little weird to see one of my posts from 4 years ago in revived threads like this.