Home Made Help

I was wondering if this would be a good idea for a home made bowl for a home made hookah.

it is a stainless steel candle holder (handed out at my senior prom a few years ago) with a stainless steel mesh screen cut off my mom's strainer (she doesnt know yet) in the bottom
i plan on drilling a hole in the bottom for the stem (i'm gonna buy a stainless steel tube from the hardware store) and use a nalgene bottle for the base and maybe some flexible vinyl tubing for the hose.

attached are pics of the bowl and mesh screen

Bad idea for several reasons...

1) The candle holder has those star-shaped holes in the sides. They will let in WAY too much air. When you draw, you will not get any smoke.
2) Drilling a hole in the bottom for the stem won't work. A bowl is more than just a single-walled container. It's more of a solid funnel with a strainer in the middle. Look online for pics of real bowls and get an idea how they are made.
3) Even if it didn't have the first two issues, it is just WAY to huge and deep. You will end up using about 75g of shisha at a time, and the stuff towards the bottom will never burn. You would end up wasting about 2/3 of your shisha every time.

I hate to be the barer of bad news, but you just pissed your mom off and ruined her strainer for nothing. Next time ask first before cutting into all your mom's kitchen gadgets. Sorry for slamming your idea so hard on your first post sad.gif I just wanted to be straight with you. Try following a set of directions that other's have had success with before incorporating too many of your own ideas- this will give you a better idea of how hookahs are supposed to be constructed. Good luck man.

QUOTE (nicayotte @ Jul 6 2007, 08:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You should, i like the Triple H, i'd make my own but i cannot find any god damn tea balls around my location that are only half mesh....

http://www.amazon.com/Mesh-Solid-Combinati...715&sr=1-31

theres one on amazon.com

i think im just gonna go buy a bowl from a local store (if there actually is a place in annapolis, md that sells hookah stuff)

im angry @ myself because i left my hookah at college because my parents wouldnt understand and just think its drugs even if i explain it. but now i found a place i can smoke so im trying to build one....

anyway.... yea theres the tea ball

i just went to the hardware store and bought a stainless steel stem for my nalgene bottle hookah and some vinyl tubing for the hose

the stem fits perfectly on a cheap bowl i bought at some tobacco store near my house that came with the grommet

.... ill post pics when its done (as soon as i can get my mother out of the house)

thanks for your help