Hookah Setup Tips?

Louis.

Taken a search around and havent really seen any topics on how to get your hookah to hit better (thicker smoke, not harsh etc..)

What are some of the factors that could possibly be making mine not hit as well everytime?

Not really too sure what kind of hookah i have but i got it for 40 bucks at a place called "My smoke shop" in sunnyvale, CA

its about 12-14" i would say and it only hits well sometimes.

Most of the time im using the big three kings coals and filling the water up about 70% of the way.

Also i usually try to make sure everything is sealed air tight, but i only have a black rubber grommet that goes on from the stem to the vase and i think that might be a reason why it doesnt hit so well everytime although im not entirely positive.

And i just bought new rubber grommets for the hose part and where the bowl goes in.

When i put the foil on i make sure that i get it as tightly around the bowl as possible

so with that being said is there anything else i can do? i will post pictures on request

Alright well here are a few simple things that might help...

Harsh taste: Burnt shisha(tabcc...)
If you want thicker smoke try using a litte milk but not too much.

You only want the water about an inch over the end of your hookah stem, other then that no higher or you run the risk of sucking water into your hoses.

As for not hitting good i can almost bet my ife on it that not having al the grommets is the cause cause you didn't have a good enough seal.

Some things to ask:

- Is the shisha mix in small crumbled pieces or large lumps? Smaller pieces allow the air to flow better.
- When you put the foil on, is the shiny side faced down or up? Make sure the shiny side is down as it allows the tobacco to heat better.
- Is the hookah pipe as sealed as you can make it? Blow the smoke in as opposed to out when you smoke it to see if the smoke escapes from any parts. If it does, try and close the gaps.
- Is the water in the base too high? It should only cover the pipe 1 - 1.5 inches.

On a side note, milk is often recommended to get thicker smoke (although stale milk will smell a lot so make sure you clean every part of the shisha as soon as you have finished with it.

Also try using ice cold water in the base and put a few ice cubes in it to make sure it is cold while smoking.

Hope this helps a bit and read the how to section for other tips and advice.
Peace

Hi Louis. Try searching again wink.gif . I know there are an ass-load of threads which cover this.

Try an advanced search for the words "tips" or "tricks", and select the "search titles only" feature. You'll have more info than you can process!

thanks a bunch everyone for the small tips and i did take a look around didnt really find anything. if anyone could point me in the correct place or if an admin could sticky a small questions thread that would be great.

• 3 months later...