Building My Own Hookah Need Help

nicayotte

I decided to take a crack at making my own hookah, i have all the supplies i need but i am running into some questions/issues. Heres my problem.... i have everything hooked up and when i suck on it the water doesn't bubble of any sort.... it seems just that air is coming through the metal pipe and the hose to my mouth, isn't the water suppost to bubble and such? Where do i cut slits, cause currently i have one under the water and 3 above it near the cork stopper( see diagram, slits are red)

Okay right the way i see it is that the air that your sucking has no way or chance of going threw the water have a look at my diagramm below almost like yours just the red spraypaint is the air flow

Now look in the second picture the airfow is the red again see how there is a opening at the bottom of the yellow line where the air/smoke enters the water ...bubbles and then exits threw the hose thats how your setup should look

If anything is inclear just ask

H&S

click to get larger picture Edited by *HOT&SMOKING*

Correct and keep the main pipe under water so that air/smoke travels from the top bowl or where your flavour is threw the main pipe into the water bubbling and then coming out again and exiting threw the pipe that is just above the water and then to whoever is sucking on that pipe

And also in your diagram you showed that you had made three slits in the main pipe, above the water just under the cork stopper....those must not be there so that the only place where the air/smoke comes out is at the bottom of the main pipe and into the water bubbling and then exiting threw the other pipe where someone is sucking.

If something is unclear just ask

regards

*HOT&SMOKING*

Both of you have totally sweet paint skillz! biggrin.gif Just a correction though... You do not want the hose "just above" the water line. That would be too easy to suck up bubbling water as you inhale. The hose should enter the base at the top well above the water line.

This may help...(see wikipedia for full description)

1- Bowl w/Tobacco (Shisha)
2- Hose Port
3- Stem
4- Body
5- Purge Valve
6- Base w/Water
7- Coal Plate Edited by tingjunkie

• 3 weeks later...
I don't want to post my first one cause it looks so crappy, but i am finishing up on a really nice second one that uses a smaller bottle and a very nice seal with copper and hose. It has taken about 3 days for my silicone to dry and make it air/water tight, then i just have to order the tea ball and i will post some pictures for you! wink.gif

QUOTE (nicayotte @ Jul 22 2007, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't want to post my first one cause it looks so crappy, but i am finishing up on a really nice second one that uses a smaller bottle and a very nice seal with copper and hose. It has taken about 3 days for my silicone to dry and make it air/water tight, then i just have to order the tea ball and i will post some pictures for you! wink.gif

Cool can't wait to see it!!!

-H&S