Wyteboy RE-REVIEWS Romman + AF (in a few)

Look in this thread for the next few days for my re-reviews of my smoke of Romman Peach, Strawberry, Lemon and GS AF esk apple, GS AF straw and AF straw.
Tonight I am hoping to try both the peach and romman straw...I have the Peach loaded and will smoke it soon and post.
Initial review: This stuff smells really good.  to me it smells sort of like peach pulp kind of a thing...maybe a little less sweet.  It's almost more of a "sticky" ma'assel than wet, perse...
Also, as a sidenote, I forgot what a PAIN IN THE A$$ lemon wood are.  i found two coals that seem to flat or round enough that can stay in contact with the foil but my hand was just COMPLETELY COVERED in ash and charcoal bit after sifting through this bag, I'd rather smoke 3kings anyday than deal with this everytime I smoke.  That being said, I am hoping they give a good smoke with the Romman Peach that is in the bowl.  I'll post a review soon, then probably enjoy a little Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas and then  with the Romman strawberry later tonight, smoke with the 3kings...
Hope you guys enjoy the reviews, don't feel burned Yashman, I put the (in a few) for you so you'll know it's not up JUST yet ;)  just kiddin man, I wasn't offended or anything, I could see how that would get annoying, though I wish others would have responded when I asked.  No worries.

it's weird to think of a time when i thought lemon wood were good....they weren't burning hot enough to get a good thick smoke out of the romman so i just took em off and I have a 3kings lighting...lemon wood are not worth the hassle or time and also the vast majority of coals in my bag are so irregularly shaped I can't possibly use them for a good smoke on my bowl....sorry for the rant, Romman Peach review in a few...

This review will be very similar to my first (I'm sorry Math!!)
I think why I like AF so much is that it is very NON-tempermental..I put a coal on each side of the bowl and I almost immediately have a great, thick, smooth smoke.  Not so with other brands.
Others have mentioned with Romman that sometimes you have to smoke "through" the first 10mins or so before getting to the good stuff...because I hate most smoking but I love the fruity taste of hookah, this makes it a bit unpleasureable for me with this brand since I like to conserve/enjoy my lung space as much as possible ;)
I could see how some would absolutely LOVE the Romman peach.  However, I don't think it's for me, I much prefer the Fumari White Peach, even if it not as "sweet" sorta speak as a ripe peach.  The romman smells amazing while smoking, but it doesn't really taste like it smells.  It IS a smooth smoke, but I don't find the flavor to be as enjoyable as the Fumari or AFs...It is a sort of softer smoke.  I don't mind softer smokes, I find the AF to be a sort of soft, soothing smoke.  This Romman is peachy, but not necessarily extremely flavorful and overall, while it does taste peachy, it is not the peach flavor for me.
I could how somone could give this a 8.5-10 if it appeases their personal loves or preferences, but for me I'd have to give it a 7.5 for its smoothness AND nice flavor, like I said it's just not my personal thing.  I am going to resmoke the Romman Strawberry soon and depending on how much I like it, I may resmoke the AF amazing straw from last night just to get a great taste in my mouth.  I am also interested to see how it smokes with 3kings instead of the nour (which i'm just about out off) that I smoked it with last night.
So there you have it, Romman Peach is good, just not great for this Wyteboy (or Cypress apparently) :)
Romman Strawberry to come....

Romman Strawberry:
Man, now this stuff smells AMAZING.  it is a great cut of ma'assel.  I smoked with 1.5 3kings.
This was a definite improvement over the other romman straw session I had the other day...
Thicker smoke, better flavor than before...The AF straw is a VERY noticeable STRAWBERRY, sugary flavor that is very fruity...The Romman strawberry seems to be a lighter, sort of a more strawberry "aftertaste" type flavor to the smoke.  Based on personal preference, I'd have to take the AF straw.  I am going to smoke that right now just to be able to immediately compare the AF straw right after to the Romman straw.  Review of AF Straw to come soon.  GS AF esk apple and GS AF straw will be tomorrow, hopefully.  Stay tuned...

AF Straw-
This stuff as of now if I remember correctly, smells like it tastes!  Very sugary, very fruity, very sweet and strawberry!  The cut is not really like a "cut", it's almost more like a strawberry ma'assel mush, lol.
I sort of accidentally and then decided to continue poking relatively larger holes, for me, that means holes the size of the fullness of the toothpick...
Review of the smoke in about 30 or so :)

well  this thread is all me! let's get some posters in this thread!
AF Straw- OK....first off, this smoke is still amazing.  HOWEVER, it was less amazing tonight and I figured out why...let's end this coal debate NOW.  NOUR COAL made that smoke last night unreal.  The flavor and smoothness of this smoke tonight was still outstanding and STILL a definite keeper, but with the 3kings it just wasn't as good as with the nour....
I am now going to immediately order a bag of Nour from hookah-shisha so that I can smoke with it...only concern is that it is a little messier and smoking it in indoors I could get more ash on my carpet and whatnot...the 3kings are still very good in my opinion (i know others will disagree), so tonight's smoke would be a very, very solid 8.5-9.  Still a great smoke!

mush, math, nerv, zjz, cypress, ......anyone?  where is everyone or are these reviews just sort of annoying and useless now?  I won't be offended if you say so, just tell me so I can stop posting them, lol!
Re-reviewing GS AF strawberry, esk apple and possible one last smoke of Romman Peach later tonight with Goldens just to see.....:)

I got no probelm with em..I'm just reading along...
You're trying flavours I don't have so I can't give any input on em is all...
And I agree about coals, I use real bulk Egyptian charcoal I have to chop down into useable chunks and THATS messy, and they tend to need replaceing more often but its about as pure a smoking experience as your going to get....
$.02

OK, I tried a different foil method today.  (also going to post this in the lord dorian thread to ask a question).  Instead of using about 18-22 holes the size of the thickness of the toothpick, generally in NERVs pattern or so, today I tried probably like 50 holes just the size of the very tip of the toothpick, almsot thumbtack size sort of.  I did in vertical lines down the bowl in 5 separate lines, then a few bunched up groups of holes in other areas.  I smoked GS AF straw with 2 goldens.  The smoke was AWESOME.  I still stand by that the GS AF straw is a little less "sugary" or sweet than the regular AF Straw, but I mean more with the foil pattern.  Once it got going I got a real good, thick white smoke with no harshness or burning on the bowl WHATSOEVER.  I may stick with this method from now...The holes didn't really get plugged up with ash, though I wonder if I was using Nour if they would.  Would this make the bowl almost unsmokeable?
GS AF gets an 8.5 and is a great smoke...I am now eager to resmoke the AF straw with this method and see if its even somehow better than before, but first I am gonna smoke GS AF esk apple later tonight and maybe Romman Peach again, I dunno.
I have som questions about the holes and if you're intersted in seeing the answers, go to the Physics of hookah thread by Lord.  Also, Mush, thanks for the post ;)

yo wyteboy, keep reviewing these flavors. I cant respont much to em cuz i dont have any access to any al fakher or good tobacco like that, all i can get my hands on at the moment are al waha, al amir, nakhla and a few sultan and some otehr crap no ones heard of lol. Good job and keep em coming cuz im gna need these reviews when i stumble on a good tobacco store lol.

cool hookaman!
been to Rama Geni?
Right now, when you get a good store, your first purchases need to be Fumari Watermelon, White Peach and AF straw, grape and cherry.
I am excited to resmoke the esk apple with my relatively new hole method and see if its awesome.  do you use smaller holes or bigger ones?

i go to rama genie at a regular basis, at least once a week lol but thers times taht i dont go. i love the place. my hole patterns, are usually random. But i tend to make about 25 holes, not too big not too small. I think i need a permanent good hole pattern, i use nour coals but damn i havent been finding them lately. my usual shop isnt carrying them at the moment all they have is those crappy diamante finger coals which are gross. all i can buy now is those diamantes which i have a bag of, probably throw it out soon and 3 kings which i dont like at all i need nours!!!lol i wish i can find my old charcoal. i had one bag of it in my house, it looked just like nours and it came in a plastic bag with red writing on it made in syria wow those charcoals were the besttttttttttt. no smell when heated and no taste when smoked. when i started using nours after those precious coals finished, i could notice a difference but i eventually got used to it. Those precious coals were so easy on the throat. I wish i can find those i think its the same coals that veni uses at ramma genies.

[quote name='wyteboy']mush, math, nerv, zjz, cypress, ......anyone? 
where is everyone or are these reviews just sort of annoying and
useless now?  I won't be offended if you say so, just tell me
so I can stop posting them, lol!
Re-reviewing GS AF strawberry, esk apple and possible one last smoke
of Romman Peach later tonight with Goldens just to see.....:)[/quote]

I have been out of town for a week and I will be out of town this
weekend. I am going to be on tonight and tomorow night thats it. I work
days next week.