hookah is now harsh

I have a hookah form hookahhookah.com and for the past  2 weeks every time I smoke out of it it taste burned and harsh about 5 minutes into it. I usaully smoke it at night then fall asleep and clean it the next morning. Is it ruined. I did notice that the crome coor has come off and the copper is bright pink. I do smoke a lot of cola and orange shisha with soda in the vase. My ladie will not smoke nothing else so just go with the flow. what should I do can I fix it or is it time to buy a new one. 

Id say give it a good cleaning. Clean your hoses as well. The metal changing color from the ma'asell or soda MIGHT give you a metallic taste, but not burnt.
Burning taste means your ma'asell is burning..you doing something different? New coals? New type of ma'asell? More holes in foil than usual?
Different brands require different levels of heat so what is good for one brand might be too much for another.

nope same coals same ma'asell I even bought some new jars. same amount of holes. It really makes me mad I can not even take a full hit anymore without choking.I hurts the back of my throat. I think it could just be time to get a differnt companys hookah. i had a bad feeling once I recieved it and it looked nothing like the pic on the net. And the tray did not fit write along with the hole were you put the hoses are not clean cut so the is almost always a air leak.

It could be that like you said you have a leak....

Is your bowl clean? make sure you scrap off any burnt residue from teh inside of teh bowl......it might look  clean but sometimes it builds up and gives a bad taste....
But most likly like you said if their is a leak it could be the main reason.....you need to inhale more to get the smoke...hence more air ...burns faster

here's a little tip

make the shisha, but don't put the head on the top.

now pull.

if you can taste anything nasty, you know you've got a dirty shisha,and you'll have to clean it.

you can even take the hose out, and pull from the hose hole, and from there you can tell if you have a dirty hose as well.

If you dont taste anything, and the shisha bubbles up fine, then your
problem is with the head, scrape any crap you see off it, and try not
to fill it too much. If the foil is touching the tobacco, then you have
filled it too much, and you'll mess it up pretty quickly.

Check for a leak where stem connects to the shaft.  It is possible
the air is leaking there due to a bad weld and it will resut in very
harsh smoke because whatever leaks into the vase without going through
the water is going to be very hot, unfiltered smoke.

Wait, what did you mean by "still the same thing"?  Did you mean that it does or doesn't taste like crap without the bowl attached.  If it DOES taste like crap without the bowl attached, try the following...
1) Try sucking on JUST the hose.  If it still tastes like poo, you've probably got some mold (rotten taste) or ash buildup (charcoal/dusty taste).  My advise, replace the hose or hoses fast with mya saray washables, and in the mean time buy some clear plastic plumber's tubing (think beer bong) from a Menards or Home Depot for a temporary replacement.
2) Now, suck straight out of the hose nozel on the hookah, if it still tastes like shiznet, it's cleaning time.  Buy some bottled lemon juice (not lemonade) and get some salt for abrasiveness.  Pour a tablespoon or two of lemon juice and a handful of salt into the bowl and stem, add a little water, and shake vigorously for about a minute.  If you have a set of brushes that came with your hookah, use these also, as they are extremely helpful in breaking up smoke buildup.
3) If you are sure that your hoses are washable (and ONLY if you are sure), you can use the method described in part 2 to clean the hoses also.
Hope this helps!

[quote name='hookahmeup']I have a hookah form hookahhookah.com and for the
past  2 weeks every time I smoke out of it it taste burned and
harsh about 5 minutes into it. I usaully smoke it at night then fall
asleep and clean it the next morning. Is it ruined. I
did notice that the crome coor has come off and the copper is
bright pink. I do smoke a lot of cola and orange shisha with soda
in the vase. My ladie will not smoke nothing else so just go with the
flow. what should I do can I fix it or is it time to buy a new
one. [/quote]

That bit about falling asleep and cleaning it up in the morning could
part of the problem right there. If you leave the hose hooked into a
base filled with water, that is an excellent way to get mold and icky
crap to grow inside it. If you don't want to break it down at night, at
least make sure to take the hose off, and washable hoses are always a
good idea.

If you find your hose is molded, all isn't lost. I made a long "party
hose", by taking the mouthpiece and the endpiece from an old hose,
cleaned the wood up, and went down to Home Depot to buy some clear food
safe tubing. You can pick up 20 ft for a couple of bucks, its usually
near the stuff for installing a sink. faucets. Just pick some up with a
couple of hose clamps, and you have a neat see-through, easily
replaceable hose to kick around.

If you really don't want to spend time making an extravagent replacement hose, just stick a hose grommet right on the end of 1/4 inch plastic tubing (you don't really need the ends of the old hose), and it should fit snugly in the hose connector.  Simple.

[quote name='hookahmeup']that sound like the way to go. How do you hook it up to the hookah?[/quote]

It hooks up the same as a normal hose. I'm not very good with my
terminology, but on a hose, there is the big mouthpiece part, the
actual hose part, and then some sort of wooden piece which hooks into
the hookah. I just salvaged the mouthpiece and the wooden piece, and
ran clear plastic tubing between them to replace the icky old hose part.

And yeah, you could just rig the tubing straight to the hose
attatchment on the hookah, but withouth the mouthpiece from a real
hose, i'd imagine it would pull/draw smoke a bit differently.