Ultimate Apple

Hi guys,
im from Singapore and shisha tobacco is hard to come by. Even so it cost around SGD $50 for 50grams lol.... the tax is a killer. So I have been looking for ways to truly get out the most out of it. So I stumble on this info on the net and tweaked it to further improve the shisha experience.I decided to post it and share with you guys, do try it out and tell me what you guys think.

Ultimate Apple Shisha
(Using an apple for a shisha bowl)

1. Get an apple(i only use red ones). Cut off the top and leave about 3/4 of the fruit left.
2. Dig into the fruit with a spoon till about 1/4 of the fruit is left intact. (leaving the sides thicker would be ideal for better taste and a better burn).
3.Use either a apple core remover or any sharp and thin object to force a hole in the bottom.
4.Now, within the core of the fruit, poke many holes through the hole in the bottom to make the smoke holes. the more you make, the easier it'll be to suck in later on.
5.Stick the fruit on the stem(use a bowl gromment for a better fit), pack with Double Apple Flavored Shisha and cover with foil.(you know the rest)

6. Use cold apple juice in the shisha base and add ice cubes.
7. Lay back and relax. Enjoy!

Yeah this is a cool idea, I'll need to try it someday, think its already been posted though...how much is $50 there in singapre compared to US dollars....cus that sounds like a shitload of money for 50g...or like any amount

The currency converter on my desk top says $1US=$1.52 singapore. So that's about $32. US for 50g. Ouch. laugh.gif I'd imaging an apple holds the whole 50 g. at least. Take a look at the phake phunnel thread in the do it yourself funhouse. You can convert your standard chinese ceramic bowl to hold only 10g +/-. Five session instead of one is what I'd want if I had to pay that outrageous price. tongue.gif

Even if I bought some online and have it ship I still have to pay for the tax. Tobacco tax over here is a major pain... $1USD=$1.52SGD $1SGD=$2.24(Malaysian Ringgit). Ok so the only "cheap" place to get some shisha tobacco is in Johor,Malaysia, its just like over the border. It cost like $10RM for a 250g. Thats only like around $4.50SGD and is $2.93USD LOL.
BUT! When you reenter Singapore, at the customs you have to pay about $100++SGD just for the tax of 1 250g box.....
Its so Sad sad.gif ...and i heared its only like 30% tobacco , should tax on the actually amout of tobacco at least that way it wont hurt that much =x

QUOTE (AceStalin @ May 2 2007, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4.Now, within the core of the fruit, poke many holes through the hole in the bottom to make the smoke holes. the more you make, the easier it'll be to suck in later on.

How do you poke holes in a hole?

QUOTE (nofrendo @ May 8 2007, 12:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (AceStalin @ May 2 2007, 06:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How do you poke holes in a hole?

Try using bamboo skewers. If fact if you have an apple corer you do not have to make holes but its abit tricky. Take your apple corer and push it almost to the middle of the apple(thats where the seeds are). Then pull the corer out and use the other end of a fork or a spoon to gently remove the core till you see one or all of the seeds( have to do so as pusing the apple corer half does not remove the core). Now just cut abit of the top of the apple and slowly carve the apple(keeping the sides thick) and stop once you see the seeds. Now just use the tip of a knife to remove the seeds gently if you did it right when removing the seeds it acts as a hole to the bottom. It looks like "star fruit" kinda shape.