Bowl + Windscreen Combo

MAKCuMG

Got my bowl today, wow it's a lot bigger than I expected!

Ya know, these things look good in the picture, but the actual construction is pretty frail. The wire that forms the clip comes apart easily, so be careful with it. I bet you could easily break the bowl trying to clamp the lid down too.

But, I suppose if you're careful, it's a decent enough item, at least ya have a cover and a metal screen and a very large bowl smile.gif I could probably fashion a better wire clip from a coat hanger.

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (roadie @ Jun 14 2008, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (txhookahman @ May 4 2007, 03:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I praise whoever thought up the design for the combo/wind cover bowl! My friends always cover the coal with like 7 inches tall of aluminum foil! This thing is an amazing creation. What do you think about it?

[attachment=288:windcoverbowl.gif]

I seem to be in the minority, but it's the only bowl I use. I tend to only smoke about 30-40 minutes at a time. I wanted to find a way to just sit back and relax, and not have to move or rotate the coal. (I'm lazy smile.gif).

I basically only use this bowl with about a teaspoon or so of shisha (a full bowl is NOT needed), and place it low, as far down away from the foil so it doesn't burn. I poke the foil (don't use the screen with the combo. bowl) in a circular pattern across the entire foil, and place one unbroken square of coal on top, making sure that it's completely ashed over. It's never harsh, lasts a good 30-40 minutes, the temp is regulated by the cover, and I never have to move the coal, it burns (or I should say "cooks") the shisha evenly. Works for me. I've found for me, the harshness would always come from the shisha getting burned instead of cooking due to being too close to the foil. With using minimal tobacco, keeping it low away from the foil, you don't have to worry about it getting too hot, and the wind cover combo takes care of the temp. fluctuation issue. My .02.

Agreed here. Its easy, uses very little coal/shisha. Great for solo smoking for short periods of time.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Johnny_D @ May 5 2007, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
IF anything it's likely to make the shisha too hot.

A 'normal' windcover is quite big compared to the bowl size and lets lots of air get in and around the bowl.

Also a 'normal' windcover can be used as a very effective heat management tool. I allways use mine indoors to regulate how hot the shisha is.

So i don't rate those bowls at all.

JD

I basically started using foil, didn't know what I was doing, so used these combo's for over 8 mo's until I was trolling about Hookahforum.

If you get a decent bowl (or even use THIS bowl, take off the wind-cover steel tines) with foil, you won't go back to the steel plate.

The plate 1) takes a while to heat up

2) burns the SHT out of the shisha.

My friends all smoke copious amounts of shisha, and I've converted a few to buy a phunnel, but they in the interim still use these combos.

Massive smoke and decent flavor for ~5 minutes, then it starts to burn. You can assuade this with good coal management to about 30 min (and flip over the steel tray, so its inverted and higher then the bowl.

but really, these are good for lounges (and drunk people) and people who don't smoke much.

• 5 weeks later...
Hey, Im new. Im about to get a mya piccolo as my first hookah, and I was going to get this bowl along with it. I know that it gets too hot sometimes, but would it be possible to put a round piece of foil on top of the metal screen, and poke smaller holed in the foil?

• 1 month later...
combo bowl works pretty well once you get the hang of it especialy for a solo smoke
I like using 2 33m quik lights one on top of each other leave it unlatched(latch does suck)and open and close the wind shield as heat manage ment.works pretty nice.
also just because it comes with a screen dosn't mean you can't use foil with this bowl.works even better

• 1 month later...
QUOTE (BobMarley90 @ Apr 6 2009, 02:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey, Im new. Im about to get a mya piccolo as my first hookah, and I was going to get this bowl along with it. I know that it gets too hot sometimes, but would it be possible to put a round piece of foil on top of the metal screen, and poke smaller holed in the foil?

I know this is a bit old... I love the wind cover bowl. Did you get it? I put the screen on upside down to get the coals off the shisha a little bit then cover it with foil like any other bowl and use a toothpick to poke holes using the screen's holes as my guide. Works great.

• 8 months later...
[color="#FF0000"][size="3"][b]Ultimate Combo Bowl[/b][/size][/color]

[b]Height:[/b] 2-1/2” Bowl; 4-1/2” w/ Windcover
[b]Bowl Diameter:[/b] 2-7/8”
[b]Bowl Depth:[/b] 5/8”
[b]Bowl Capacity:[/b] 15-25g

[b]Construction:[/b] Ceramic
[b]Appearance:[/b] Nice Looking
[b]Cleanability:[/b] Easy to clean

[b]Price:[/b] $12.95

[b]Purchased From:[/b] Hookah-Shisha.com

[b]Overall: [/b]8/10 Before I found the Phunnel bowl, this was my go to bowl. Word to the wise these are not dishwasher safe the Metal harness around the bowl will rust. This is a great bowl for non Tangiers smokers. I still can’t get Tangiers not to burn in this when it’s fully setup. Make sure this is the last bowl you use for the night. Because it’s tricky to get off the hookah till it cools off.

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookah%20Bowls/ComboEmpty.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookah%20Bowls/ComboFull.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookah%20Bowls/ComboSetup.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookah%20Bowls/ComboClosed.jpg[/img]