Wyteboy Reviews AF Plum!

also wondering for those who have tried both what the difference is between AF grapes and GS AF grapes...
also is 9.99 a good price for 100 3kings? thats what BNN is selling them for.  thanks!

AF Grape and GS Grape are two different grapes. AF is white while GS is
black. I would like to trythe GS as it sounds interesting for me.

I guess go ahead and scratch the margarita then. I only smoke it when I need a strong buzz.

The coals are supposed ot be nice and red/orange. That means they are fully lit.

The best thing to do is call the companies if they accept MO. Most of us in here go ahead and use credit/check card.

10 bucks sounds about right for a box of quick lights. So go ahead and order.

Thanks Cypress!  Check the stupid question thread as I wrote you in there, because my ma'assel is also always pretty black at the end of a session and I thought that is how it is supposed to look once the molasses and flavor vaporizes off....thanks!

The more you smoke and try different ways of placing the coal and
moving it you will perfect your smoke. If you dont notice any burning
or off tasting flavor then you might not need to worry as much. I have
a bigger bowl then what came with my hookah. That may also be the
reason why I dont have as many problem with the burning it. 

yeah I hear ya, I just want to perfect it already :)
Well I will smoke AF grape again with a vivi wood coal and see if I taste a difference in the grape smoke.  Cypress with your bowl do you make a ton of tiny holes or fewer bigger holes?
Thanks for the tip I will call BNN and see if they accept MO.  I am excited to resmoke the af grape, try the hazelnut and the rest of your flavors next week.

I make 16 holes the size of a tooth pick punched all the way
through.  From my experience if I us a bunch of smaller holes, the
Nour ashes tend to get cloged in the holes and affect the draw.
Differet people have different techniques that work for them. That is
what works with me. My pattern lookes like this.

. .

. .

. .

I just got home from work and am sick of the coal debate so I am going to IMMEDIATELY fire up a bowl of af grape (what i reviewed last night) with the vivi wood coal this time instead of the 3king.  I am gonna try a pattern that resembles yours Cypress.
Review coming shortly :)

well...the debate won't happen because I determined vivi aren't hot enough to get a good smoke from.
You'd need 2 or maybe 2.5 vivi wood coals and frankly at 3am, I didn't have the patience to set up an entire nother coal or two so I lit up a 3kings to see if it was the same as yesterday.
I asked before but didnt really get an answer, is it possible to make a coal too hot?  I took the 3kings from the electric stove, literally covered in a flame, waited for the flame to die out and put the hot glowing coal on the foil...This time I could see almsot instant foil oxidation when the coal came on.
The smoke this time was a little harsher than last time...maybe cause the holes in the foil were a little bigger, I'm not sure.  It still tasted too but a touch harsher than last time and therefore a bit less enjoyable.  THe next time I smoke AF, either from a sample I get or the next bowl of AF I try, I am gonna try to maybe use 2 1/2 pieces of 3 kings, one on each side of the bowl.  THe last time I did that I remember the smoke wasn't as thick as I like, but I think I could set up the bowl better this time.
I am gonna take a break from the hookah til maybe tues or wed of next week and then try the HH hazelnut and the 2 other Cypress flavors I have left to try :)
Later guys, have a good Sunday!

Even with 2.5 coals it seams like a too much heat.  I never use
more that 2 goldens or 2 natural.  You are just going to have to
try different things and see what works. 

well out of work and it is BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE! this means one thing: my friend wants to smoke the hookah on his balcony!  I can't get a break from this stuff ;)
absolutely smoking the HH hazelnut today, then either the Nahkla strawberry or perhaps a Fumari White Peach...I want a strong flavor to get rid of the hazelnut flavor from the stem...I will be using a different hose for the hazelnut.
Alrighty, reviews later!

OK, i'm back!!
1) HH Hazelnut, this ma'assel smells amazing, just like a hazelnut/coffee type mix.  It is really finely cut like HH is usually also just SOAKED in juice/molasses...
2) for ZJZ, Nahkla Strawberry....I am sorry but I am still not impressed....Tried it TWICE in fact with 2 different coals...Smoke density was nowhere near what I have been used to with AF and Fumari and the flavor also wasn't as good.  I still obviously highly respect your preferences on here ZJZ, but different strokes for different strokes I guess
3) 2nd time smoking Fumari White Peach.  THIS is the review I came on here for.....OMG, amazing!! I did not remember enjoying it this much last time I smoked.  Unbelieveable.  Flavor was amazing!  Still not the "sweet" type of Peach, but a very VERY good Peachy/tarty flavor, amazing smoke density, very nice peaceful buzz, not too strong, just an absolute 10 of a smoke!
This brings me to my next question.  For as infrequent as I will be smoking (1 time every week or two once I settle down), I planned to only get 50g packs...However, the Fumari Watermelon and White Peach I think BOTH need to be mainstays...I have only found them in 250g packs...How long would the stuff stay fresh for if I kept it in an airtight gladware container or something? 6 months? 1 year?  That is a big concern for me in keeping this stuff around...I don't want to have to worry about smoking it more often than I'd like to prevent it from going bad?
Also, are there any other Fumari flavors people have smoked on here that they HIGHLY recommend?
Right now I think the 2 Fumari and AF Cherry would be my permanent flavors, though I expect the AF straw and GS af straw and esk apple will also probably become permanent too though I won't know till I try them.....(mush check your PM)
Today while smoking with the fumari and a 3king, it was an amazing smoke like I said.  There were a few hits where I thought it MIGHT be a touch charcoaly flavor but I mean it's still SMOKING so sometimes you get a little smoky flavor....Math is nice enough to send me a couple Goldens so I can try them so I am excited to see if the smoke is much different with those than with the 3kings before I order more coals...
Waiting for the coals (only have 1 3king left) plus trying to figure out how to get the 3 new flavors I want to try is going to induce probably a week or so break from the hookah which I am looking forward to actually after all the smoking I've done this week.
I'd love some input on the freshness if you keep the ma'assel in an airtight place, as well as any other Fumari flavors or places to get Fumari in 50g....Thanks guys!!

i forgot to say that the 3 kings sort of got cut in half when i picked it up off the stove but not down the middle, it more cut it in half horizontally..into 2 flat pieces so when i smoked the fumari i had one on each side of the bowl.  the bowl was fantastic all the way through for like 45mins-an hr with 2 people smoking it. 

also besides the questions I was looking for input on, I was also wondering if anyone has input on Fumari Sour Apple, Pina Colada, Kiwi, Passion Fruit, Tropical Punch or French Vanilla?
Also what about the AF cocktail?
Thanks guys!

just realized i was in such a hurry to review the fumari white peach that I didnt even review the HH hazelnut...
The smoke itself to me didn't have much flavor.  It was exhaling that you had just sort of a nutty/nutmeggy/hazelnut flavor, sort of a hinty/aftertaste.
I tried to get the HH ma'assel going, which I ahve now found to be much more tempermental in its smoke, with a 3kings and with a viviwood, but i never got real good thick smoke density like I like.
Overall either way, I do not think this flavor is for me.  I am excited to give the HH pineapple and the strawberry both 2nd reviews in a couple weeks, but for now, the hazelnut will not be in my repertoire.

Hey Wyteboy!

First off, your reviews continue to be very good!

I'm glad you enjoyed the Al-Fakher Grape, its deffinately one that I
enjoy a great deal. I never got that grape lolliepop flavor that you
talked about, it always struck me as more of a white grape/white wine
flavor. But regardless its still good to know that your enjoying it.

As far as the Nakhla Strawberry goes I can certainly say that it
isnt for everyone. It doesnt taste incredibly realistic in most cases
(I think I just got really lucky with this very fresh glass jar I
bought) and might just be not what you are looking for in a Strawberry
flavor.
I still very much appreciate that you went back and tried
it though. Its good that your keeping an open mind about trying flavors
from all brands to figure out exactly what suits you best.

I've never tried anything from Fumari so I really can't comment
on them at the time being, but I do look forward to trying some of
their flavors in the future (white peach and watermelon being among
them).  I can however give a huge recommendation for Romman Peach.
Its deffinately the only Romman flavor I view to be worth the $20+
price tag. Al-Amir's Peach comes pretty close to replicating Romman's
but it still isnt quite as fresh and crisp tasting.

On the topic of coals getting too hot I must say that I have
never experianced this problem with 3 Kings unless the massell was
really old and dry (like a year old or more) and in which case it had
usually lost its flavor by then and was thrown in the trash.
I do use a steel screen almost exclusively, but on the
rare occasions that I use my Junior Sultan I have to use foil with it
due to the bowl size. In this event I use a slightly modified version
of NERV's "Star" pattern for my foil holes. I make the same pattern
only I spread it out across the entire bowl instead of just in the very
middle of the bowl. This seems to work really well for me and I never
have the massell burn as long as the foil is a few millimeters above
the massell. If a little bit is touching the foil its no biggie and
usually doesnt burn either.

Now for one last thing about massell burning. I find that at the
end of my smoking session, when I go to clean the bowl the massell is
usually pretty black in color and rather crispy with some fresh
uncooked massell still lingering around the bottom edges of the bowl.
With a screen the massell all ends up clumping together and sticking to
the underside of the screen. So all I have to do really is scrape it
off the screen with my tongs and then clean the bowl/tray/stem with a
paper towel.

So I wouldnt worry too much about the massell looking charred
and feeling crispy after you smoke it. As long as you dont taste any
burning during the smoking session your doing just fine.

Hope all this helps!

OK so I keep tryin to take a break from the hookah but I just can't, my friend wants to come over and smoke again.  I will review whatever we smoke later tonight.
Math thanks again for the coals, much appreciated!! Anyone ever use like half a soda can to put a coal in and heat on the electric stove?
also still wondering if anyone has smoked Fumari Sour Apple, Pina Colada, Kiwi, Passion Fruit, Tropical Punch or French Vanilla?
Also what about the AF cocktail?
Mush, check your PM box because that would be awesome if we could work that out it would be awesome, if not I will try to order from BNN...

So, my friend and I smoked 2 bowls tonight and I am now hopefully taking a break for a few days :)
1) HH Melon....If I remember correctly this was the FIRST premium ma'assel that I tried from Cypress so I was excited to try it again and see what I thought.
It smelled very, very good like I remembered.  I originally used a 3kings, 1/2 piece on each side of the bowl with this ma'assel tonight and it began smoking decent.  The flavor was very good, tasted very melon-ey, but the smoke was not very thick or white or dense...I moved the coals more to the center and the smoke got tastier and thicker, but then as expected became a little harsher too.  My friend liked this but then said, "Hey can we take htis out and put in that amazing grape we smoked the other night"
so my next review is af grape....
I was actually excited to smoke grape for the 3rd time already since the last time I went to end the coal debate and I couldn't because the vivi didn't get hot enough, so this time I used the af grape with a lemon wood.
Smoke was amazing, thick gorgeous white clouds of smoke and a solid grape aftertaste, like I said not too overpowering or artificial but just tasted like grapeish and I enjoyed it a lot.  I am also happy to report neither my friend nor I noticed a big difference in the taste of the ma'assel from the lemon wood grape to the 3kings grape from the other night.  There might be the SLIGHTEST difference, but I'm not sure.  I also don't mean to sound lame but it IS a big pain in the a$$ to get my whole hand completely black and nasty searching through the lemon wood bag to find a coal that has a decent enough shape to go on the bowl....I am excited to try the Goldens and hope they explode on me, but regardless I think I am happy with the 3kings for now so thansk Math for sending me some more of those since I just ran out tonight!!
So far I think the fumari white peach, watermelon and AF cherry and grape are the best smokes I have had...though I am excited to try other af flavors soon.
Cypress, your stuff should go out mid this week I am hoping, LATEST would be Monday due to my work hours.  You'll be VERY VERY VERY happy with what i'm sending you. (i hope)

[quote name='wyteboy']Cypress, your stuff should go out mid this week I am
hoping, LATEST would be Monday due to my work hours.  You'll be
VERY VERY VERY happy with what i'm sending you. (i hope)[/quote]

Thanks.