Easy To Make Diffuser

Parker

I went to ace hardware today and created a diffuser for my Stargate. It was amazingly easy and cost about 2 bucks.

Items bought:
Male Solder Adapter 1/2" to 1/2" $1.50
Rubber O-rings 3/8" $.25

I took the large end of the adapter and drilled about 20 holes into it with a metal bit on my drill, then simply slipped the o-ring over the other side. Now just take the item and pop it into the stem of the hookah and your done. Because of the differing sizes of hookah stems you may need a larger o-ring. Planning this trip to the store, i took my stem with me and tried it out in the store to make sure that it would be air tight.
The adapter seems to be made of some sort of copper/aluminum alloy, so im not worried about it killing me in 5 years.

-PC

~I will try and upload some pictures soon~ tongue.gif

Parker,

can you put a pic up so those of us unfamiliar with hardware terminology can follow you. I'm really interested about the diffuser you made and what it looks like.

Hope you've got a cam, and time =)

Max

A "diffuser" is caped on the end of the stem so that the smoke "diffuses" into the water, more (smaller) bubbles and smoke that hence has a higher surface area. The benefits of a diffuser are as fallows: less harsh smoke as it is filtered more; less splashing in the vase so water does not get into the hose as often; and cooler smoke as it comes in more contact with the water. A neutral effect of a diffuser is less noise. I have built a diffuser for all of my hookahs (4 usable one's, and 3 novelty). I rarely smoke without one, and can't live without them. Edited by VDDZ