Shisha Keeps Burning! Plz Help (noob)

I have just recently bought a hookah, and i can not to seem to get it to stop burning the shisha. i have done a search and found many topics on this, and tried many of the suggestions but the shisha is still burning. I tried many methods of packing the bowl, lightly, tight, sprinkled, packed, etc etc. I place many small holes in my foil, and it is air tight. the shisha i have been using is Al Waha and Hookah Hookah. The shisha seems to always burn no matter what. Even within 3 minutes of placing the coal on my bowl it seems to burn. Someone please help! i have no idea what to do!

I used to burn my bowl on a regular occasion and just deal with the harshness. Ah, the n00b days... But then I started using two layers of Reynolds Wrap regular and now everything's peachy. Also Al Waha seems to be one of the dryer brands, so it'll be easier to scorch. If it starts getting harsh, just take your coals off and wait a little while for your bowl to recover. I got a bowl back from having 2 inch flames spouting out of it somehow! *struts proudly*

Ok...now I know its a bad thing to have flames spouting outta the hookah bowl...but I think I might have to get that going for a nice picture opportunity... biggrin.gif

But as for the Burning of the Shisha....you might be putting a little too much or a little too less of it...

Also...I forgot who on here suggested in another thread that after packing your shisha in the bowl and putting your foil in and then poking all your holes.....to blow in the bowl from the bottom to kind of loosen it up a little to promote more airflow...this helps a lot as well...

-Mahir

try packing the shisha to where it doesnt touch the foil. it takes a little more heat but its harder to burn the tobacco since its not touching. your goal is to to cook it. over time you will learn your own style.

Buy a deeper bowl. I was just like you wondering why the shisha was always burning. If you get a deeper bowl, its easier to have more space between the foil and shisha. Ever since I got my new bowl I have been having a great time!

I had this problem for the longest time until after I came here.

Fill the bowl to just 1/8" below the top of the bowl.
Something else to do is get some aluminum or steel 'coarse' mesh and make a circle that lays on the inside top edge of the bowl, THEN put on the foil.

This keeps the foil from touching and over-roasting the shisha. You may have to adjust your hole patterns after.

I use this technique for my min MN phunnel when I use it and it works OK biggrin.gif

QUOTE (GordonMac @ Mar 13 2007, 07:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Buy a deeper bowl. I was just like you wondering why the shisha was always burning. If you get a deeper bowl, its easier to have more space between the foil and shisha. Ever since I got my new bowl I have been having a great time!

QUOTE (scho52386 @ Mar 14 2007, 08:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
tried the aluminum ring thing. tried new coals. bought romman shisha, hookah hookah, and al waha. Tried a million different ways to pack. still burning. :-( :-( tried 3 different bowls as well. this is so frustrating.

Pictures will help I think. Take them at every step of the process if you can.