Hookahhookah.com Reviews

mushrat

This is for posting your PERSONAL experiences with www.hookahhookah.com. Please restrict your comments to what you ordered, customer service, delivery, and over all satisfaction.

If you had a problem, was it resolved in a satisfactory way?

Please post here only AFTER your transaction is complete.
Comments and questions by others will be restricted to the regular discussion forum and deleted from this topic if posted here.

• 2 months later...
Hey, new to the site but have been smoking hookah for four years.

Anyway hookah hookah, in my opinion, is terrible. I ordered my girl a hookah for her birthday in august. First they sent us the wrong stem. Then it took them 3 weeks to send the correct one. When i got it, it was broken in half. I called up and all they told me was too bad because it left the place in one piece.

I won't ever order from there again. Plus their tobacco is garbage.

• 2 weeks later...
i like their hookah hookah shisha. To me, they have a wide variety of flavors.
I purchased from them in september of 06 and bought several 250 g containers. Orange, mint, strawberry, fruit punch, peach
as well as several small 50g of different kinds.

It was a great experience. They shipped the items fast and packages them well.
I use their products daily and have never had a problem with freshness, or smoking quality.
I reccomend them.

Instead of purchasing from them all the time *they do charge like 8 dollars for shipping 1 250 g container but they combine shipping for larger orders* i go do the street most of the time. If my local dealer is out, i go straight to the source.

• 2 weeks later...
I actually had a pretty decent experience with them twice: once for a sphinx hookah for a friend of mine and once for a legend hookah for myself. Everything went pretty smoothly and I was satisfied with the product. Also, i really like their melon shisha. But seeing as so many other people seem to have had poor experiences, i guess i'd say stay away.

• 1 month later...
this is what i noticed, i bought things from hookahhookah, and saharasmoke, the funny thing is hookahhookah.com, saharasmoke, saharahookah, and discoverhookah are the same people or the same company. one of my buddy was telling me about this also, so i thought i let everyone know about this, this is kind of cool to know haha. i work at a local hookah lounge in cali and i run into so many different people and thats how i found out about this. thanks guys

p.s. more funny/crazy stories will be added as i get more info to pass it down.

• 1 month later...
Just got my order in today.

Washable lime green hose, 50g Layalin Coconut and (5) 50g Hookah-Hookah jars (Chocolate, Mango, Lemonaid, Mocha, Acci Berry). Had discount for shipping.

Impressed - they had it shipped and delievered to me BEFORE they even hit my Debit card. I ordered it Monday before noon, and got it Wed. Everything was well packed and sealed.

Only small issues:
  • If I hadn't know they were sisters to Sahara smoke, I would have been alittle worried - their checkout email reciept had their name and email, not Hookah-Hookah's
  • I never did get a shipping notification - but I was able to log into my account on the site and pull the tracking no# from there
As to accessories and shisha (if they all turn out well) I would most definately return for more. Haven't ordered a Hookah, but that may come in the future.

Score: A

Ordered a 4 Hose Hookah and a "Round of Herbal Shots" from Hookah-Hookah.

Parcel was shipped promptly and was well packed. There were a few problems however.

The grommets and rubber stoppers for the hookah stem were in extremely poor condition: looked like they were picked from the "reject" bin. The hookah ashtray had a slice mark in the side and a dent in the bottom. The stem itself looked pretty dingy; could be from the manufacturing process, but I even wondered if it might have been used previously. Also, since it was a "custom" hookah it was supposed to include a free ceramic bowl; but I was charged an additional $4.95 for one.

The "Round of Herbal Shots" was suppose to contain 30 shots but had only 25 in the package. I was still charged the full 30 shot price, even though it was 5 short.

Lastly, their website was riddled with errors. When selecting components for the custom hookah I often had to select an item two or three times before it would actually be added to the cart.

Verdict: Encountered a sufficient number of problems which leads me to the conclusion that I would not do business with this company again.

• 2 weeks later...
As a followed up...

After much communication, by email, they sent me some replacement parts.

Firstly, they filled out the customs forms wrong, which cost me an extra $20. Even after I explicitly made mention of it. Then to top it all off the replacements were wrong: not enough gaskets, ashtray the wrong size.

Overall, an absolutely horrible experience with Hookah-Hookah. Avoid them at all costs!

• 2 months later...
angry.gif

well i ordered a striped pyrex bowl from hookahhookah.com and got 2nd day air. When i finally got the package and opened it, it was the wrong bowl. I went back on the site and it looked nothing like it. Not even the shape was right. I called the company through the phone and i explained my problem and he said no two bowls are alike. I told him that it was impossible because the shape isnt even the same and i was going to ship it back and tell my credit card company that i wasnt going to pay for it. He asked if i was sure and i told him exactly how it looked. I couldve sent it back and gotten the right one but i didnt want to ship it back to get another one. I just kept the one they sent me but i was still upset about it. I dont reccomend anyone orders from this site unless you want a major headache.

• 2 months later...
I ordered a "custom hookah" from Hookah-Hookah. Delivery was about 1 business week. Products arrived, as detailed in the purchase description.

Items received:

Hookah base
"Persian" stem
2 hookah bowls? (not sure why 2 but oh well)
2 white synthetic leather hoses (washable)
Coal tray
Tongs (much more durable than I imagined)
1 hookah filter?
lots of plastic tips
3 50 g. containers hookah-hookah brand tobacco (apple, strawberry and mango)
1 250 g. container hazelnut hookah-hookah tobacco
4 rolls of "akhla" quicklite coals (well, they're more like half rolls, only 4 or 5 coals per roll if I remember right)

All for a reasonable price. The stem is very good quality; it weighs a LOT more than I thought it would... the base, although "made in china" is beautiful and sturdy as well. Take some of the above reviews with a grain of salt, as I am completely satisfied with what I received.

8.5/10 overall.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey this is c4r80n (Carbon) from way back when i posted a lot, had to create a new account, seems the old one got deleted.

So this is my experience:
I ordered a 22" persion 2 hose stem, a vase, and two 250g packs of tobacco (layalina). The stem came in, but it was a one hose, and ZERO accessories which was supposed to be included in any stem purchase. The vase was fine. And the tobacco came in 5 packs of 50g for each flavor.

I called the guy (Dee) and told him that I needed a two hose and that they shouldn't substitute 50g packs for 250g, but to not worry about the tobacco. After a few back and forths I got him to send a 2 hose base stem (their stems come apart into small sections) and all the accessories with a UPS return shipping label. It was delayed due to weather problems, but I got it and returned the 1 hose base stem.

OVERALL:
I was a little upset that they fucked up my order, and even more upset that it took them 4 weeks from when i originally ordered to when I got my 2 hose stem piece. Dee was very helpful in correcting the problem, although it was slow. 5 out of 10. If they got their shipping department to pay attention, then they would be a 10 star company. And if it wasn't for Dee, they would have been a 0.

If I were to buy from them again, I would order by phone and make sure you are getting everything you want.

• 6 months later...
Ordered once from them

2 - Jars of Hookah Freak
1 - Double Blown Pyrex Bowl
1 - Black Label "Round of Shots"
1 - Double headed hookah bowl - free with promo

Despite the fact I am not a fan of the tobacco, and I don't use the double head, It was a very smooth transaction! Arrived about 5-6 days after I ordered. No complaints.

• 4 months later...
This was my first order with hookahhookah. I ordered on Tuesday about 3 pm and the package arrived at 5 pm on Friday of the same week. The package arrived with all of my order and was packed very nice. The only issue I had with the company was that I did not receive a confirmation email. I waited a few hours after the order was placed and never got one. So, I called the customer service line. The lady I spoke with said that they revied the order and would send me out an email with the tracking info. Well, I still never received the email. But the package still got here in a timely mannor. All in all I have to say the company is good and I will be ordering from them again in the future.

• 9 months later...
FEDEX Nightmare...

Ordered from HookahHookah, transaction went smoothly, order was shipped promptly, prices were cheaper then competitors, also had a 10% coupon, and shipping was 75% off, quite a savings.

FEDEX on the other hand was a nightmare, make sure you have someone to sign for your package, if you dont, they will not let you pick up because its called "home delivery", they said i had to wait for three attempts to be completed. So i waited, called back, now fedex is shipping my package to another address, that i havnt lived at in 10 years! WTF!

I hate fedex, i wish people would use UPS..

I "should" be able to pick up my package tomorrow, i hope!

• 1 year later...
The second hookah i owned was a hookah-hookah custom build. The original order wasn't quite right. If I remember the welding work was a bit suspect. I called them up and they sent me replacement parts within the week. They didn't even ask me to send back the bad parts. I also sorta remember they sent me the wrong size bottom pipe, but I think that was a result of a miscommunication with the rep over the phone. They sent me new pieces as soon as I informed them and gave me a coupon off a future order.

Obviously it was a bit frustrating to have to keep waiting for them to ship the replacement parts, but their customer service couldn't have been better.
8-9/10 only because of the down time of not being able to use my new hookah for so long.