What is your beer?

German

What kind of beer do you like?  

67 members have voted

1. 1.

• White Beer
    • Pale Ale
    • Dark beer
    • Strong beer (a beer with more then 6% Alcohol)
    • Light beer

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote name='mushrat']Paulaner makes a Double Bock they call Salvator that has gotta be one of the best ever.
German I think it is... :wink:[/quote]

Yes Mush. Paulaner is in fact German. They make a wonderful Hefeweizen and Dunkelweizen. Those are my 2 favorites. Out of the half-liter bottles in their home land, that is. Nothing like sitting down at a Greek resteraunt on a warm summer evening, pounding down a shot of ouzo (ice crystals floating like a snow globe) and taking the day's first long pull from a virgin glass of hefeweizen. And I mean LONG pull, right through the foamy, yeasty head down into the beer. Man, makes you forget about the food coming. I miss those days.... Dearly.

MR Bubble

Paulaner rocks! I was in Munich this year and went to the Paulaner bar in Munich for the Salavator festival this year. I was hoping to do a brewery tour, but sadly found out by email the brewery it was closed to tour because of the construction, that was a sad, sad day...

• 3 weeks later...
I like Blue Moon, I was introduced to it at my place of work...tasty.

I'm probably going to get smacked, but I LOVE Smirnoff Ice. Not the flavored ones, but Ice, and Triple Black. It's the most frou frou beer I know, but god damn its nice on a hot day.

QUOTE (high_society)
I live up here in Oregon and we have so many good micro brews.  Its fantastic!  I like Dead Guy, Arrogant Bastard, Great White is really good.

Great White is also my favorite. A nice light bear mixed with herbs, the most prominent being coriander.

I'm also a big fan of Speights, a great bear made in New Zealand. I've been looking for it here in the states but haven't had any luck.

I can't stand any American domestics. After drinking only decent beers for a few months, they all began to taste like water.

Bass, Becks's, Blue Moon, and Fat Tire are all great bears that I'll drink if I can find em.

My current favorite beer is Smuttynose Robust Porter. I have a homebrew porter bottled that will be ready to drink late next week that I hope turns out okay.

I don't really like IPAs that much, but I've got one in the fermenter right now. Go figure.

QUOTE ([LB)
]i drink natural ice because me and 2 friends can share a 30 pack and get incredibly hammered on %5.6 for under 15 bucks, a little less than $5 a piece.

Here's to Natty Ice! I have a case sitting in my dorm room right now - great for such fantastic activities as BeerPong and FlipCup.

But when it comes to real beer, for me it's Belgian all the way. I used to live there, though, so I'm biased...