Recommended "Down time" for a Nicotine/Cotinine urine test?

Hello everyone! So I came across this forum and I am in need of some advice from anybody who has had similar experiences or more knowledge on this subject then myself. I recently accepted a job offer and they are requiring a nicotine/cotinine urine screen as part of the drug testing. The job is in the medical field so while I disagree with being tested for a legal substance, they can reject me if Nicotine appears in my system. I currently do not have the test scheduled so I am able to set it up whenever. I've been smoking hookah for 2-3 years now. I typically smoke 2-3 bowls a day of either fumari, starbuzz, or social smoke shisha.

I stopped smoking tobacco last tuesday. For 3 days my buddy had a free pack of that Hydro shisha brand claiming it has no nicotine or tobacco so I smoked that until we ran out. So currently I've had 3 days of tobacco free sessions, 1 bowl each, and 2 days of no smoking at all. I feel like I should be good to schedule my test tomorrow which would give me one extra day of being smoke free in total but my anxiety is getting the best of me so I wanted to get extra opinions.

Any input on this would be appreciated! Thank you for any assistance!

Edited by JKuhnz
Changed title to type of test.

2 hours ago, Bawhee said:

Depending on what kind of test it is it could be anywhere from a couple days to as high as like two weeks or so (for a frequent smoker).

The test will be a urine test.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how long. My buddy got a medical field job with similar stipulations, but it's only regulated to while they are during work hours (including break)...

I assume you could do a good system flush with drinking heavy amounts of water daily since nicotine is not a fat binding drug. Good luck to you!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk