Just A Few Questions

fcbayern

So now that I have been vaping a few days, I have a few questions. First I was wondering how often do you (or should you) swap out your build, if at all. If its working, should you redo the coils at any point? Should you re-wick with new cotton at any point? I had to re-wick mine once after smoking a strong mint flavor, then everything I smoked after still tasted like mint.

I also have a question about battery charge. When my battery is freshly charged, my rig hits like a Mack Truck, almost unpleasant, very harsh. After about 4-5 hits it seems like it settles down. I assume this is due to the battery being at its peak charge.Is this normal? I assume it would be with a Mech Mod that does not regulate voltage.

Finally, I have a small issue with what I assume is setup. When I hit my rig I have to really concentrate and pull hard, or else the vapor is harsh. I can only guess that this has to do with keeping enough air flowing to cool the coils. I currently have every single air slot open on the plume veil. Its not so much of a problem for me, but when I have someone else try my rig they nearly choke to death unless I warn them first. I do also notice this problem settles down as battery drains. Which leads me to my final question.

So far I am vaping considerably more than I smoke hookah. I literally vape all day, in the car, at work, at home. After smoking all day I notice the battery does not feel drained, and when I put it on the charger over night, it reads 3.9v or so and about 75% on the charger. Should I still charge it every night? Should I let it drain more before charging?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

I'll try to answer your questions...

1. Rebuild your coils whenever you get bored. Technically, you could use the same build indefinitely, as it is very easy to clean off all the gunk from the coils whenever you re-wick. To do this, you simply remove the old cotton (or whatever you use for wicking), and turn on your tap water to a slight drizzle. Fire it, let go, and hold each coil under the stream of water when it's glow is diminishing. Feel free to do it a second or third time. I generally only do it twice, to make sure all the gunk is gone. It's that simple- nice clean coils again! As for how often you re-wick, it's up to the user. Some folks re-wick every flavor change, some re-wick once a week, etc. Me personally? I do it about every other day, or after I used a flavor that is very dark or strong, such as MBV Shenanigans (a heavy dark brown juice that likes to linger), or a light-colored liquid like menthol. One time I went a week without changing the cotton, just because I was so busy. I could definitely tell it hindered my flavors I vaped that week, so I recommend changing every other day or so, depending on how much you vape.

2. Fresh battery, and also likely due to you probably JUST dripped liquid onto your coils to ensure everything was nice and wet (lol, giggidy). Either way, yes, it's normal. That first hit every morning when I'm walking out the door is definitely intense, haha.

3. You have to pull hard? I find I have to do the opposite. When I started out with an ego and clearomizer, I found myself having to pull so hard I about lost my breath. Vapor output was meh at best. Then when I swapped to mechs, I found out quickly that I did not have to hit as hard nor did I ever have to take as long of a draw to get optimal vapor output. A quick hit is all it takes, due to the majorly-open airflow, and fast heat-up of the coils. The longer draws you take, the more your coils heat up, the faster you run through juice, and you are more likely to get harsher hits. I too found that when a friend takes a hit off my mech, they ALWAYS cough. This is because they're used to drawing from an ego or whatever, and aren't expecting such an open-draw, intense vape that mechs offer. Yes, as your battery dies down, you will notice your hits will as well. Just won't be as much "umpf" to the hits. Totally normal. This is why a lot of people carry a spare charged battery with them, and swap out during the day when they notice a significant drop in voltage. When I used tubular mech mods, I just didn't bother, and accepted the "lower-quality" hits I got later in the day. Now that I have a dual parallel 18650 device, I get high power hits throughout the day, no drop. Fluffy cloudz all day, bro!

4. Isn't vaping great? Love how you can do it anywhere, and how simple it is! Whereas I used to just smoke hookah at home during my free time, I now vape on the way to work during my 40 min. drive, at work all day at my desk, and on my 40 min. drive home. Too busy at home usually to vape nowadays, haha. Anyway, when I had my tube mech, I always charged at night, every night. Actually rotated between two Sony VTC4 batts, so one was always on the charger. You use the Nitecore charger, right? If so, good, because they don't overcharge batteries. So it's totally safe to leave them on it. Now I use two Samsung 25r batts for my box mod that go on the charger every other night, but I still have the two old VTC4s that stay on the charger all the time, just in case I forget to charge my 25rs.

Hope this answered all your questions. I'm sure Aeon and Wade will be in shortly to give their takes on it as well (never hurts to have multiple opinions!).