The False Democracy

Urloc

Well, I have seen quite a few of my thoughts.

IMO the democracy existing in the US and most EU countries is just bullshit, and a very stinky one.

It is easy, create a system where people think THEY are the ones to choose, then create 2 parties totally opposed one to another in the stupidest matters like inmigration, social wellfare etc... you may think these are important matters but man, they are not for the ones who really rule the country and this is the oil industry and the banking sector.

Whatever decisions a president makes have little impact in these sectors and no president would dare to oppose them, if one does would never be elected in the first place because will never get the funding for a presidential campaign and in the strange case that one slips to the presidency and then opposes them will end with some lead in his head.

So, regarding the US (and it is the same in my home country, Spain) it doesn't really matter Obama or Rommey, the poor will always be fucked up and the two powerful industries I mentioned before will keep ruling the country. Obviously they must differ in some things (that does not really matter to these industries) so that people have the false feeling they live in a democracy and they can choose but in the end it is all bs...

So, how is it that in every "developed" country there are always 2 parties which alternate in the presidency? It is easy, the average people will just vote what they see in the media, and to be seen in the media what you need is money. Needless to say, the ones with more money are the two industries who are basically the owners of both parties. In the end, it is a win-win situation for them and whatever differences the two parties have, if they have to do something for their owners, they will do, no matter right wing or left wing.

Why is it always 2 parties? Because a great part of people will not vote somebody because they like their program or whatever, they will vote someone because they think the other is a worse option. By doing this, they create an enemy in the people's minds, for some the enemy could be Obama, for others it could be Rommey and they won't think about the real enemy.

Not that this just happens in the US, this happens in every so-called "developed" country though... and there is no solution, this is the world we have to live in.

Gary Johnson 2012!

I was just discussing this with my wife the other night. It's so true. People will just vote for who looks the best on tv.

A few days ago, I got an fb notification that my Mom likes Mitt Ronmey's page. That one hurt me... my own mother :(

Ashley, don't feel so bad... My grandparents, my entire wife's family, all want Mitt Romney in the White House... It boggles my mind.

Hugo, you're absolutely right, my friend. The two-party system exists to suppress us, nothing more.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1349884115' post='558196']
Ashley, don't feel so bad... My grandparents, my entire wife's family, all want Mitt Romney in the White House... It boggles my mind.

Hugo, you're absolutely right, my friend. The two-party system exists to suppress us, nothing more.
[/quote]

Yeah, if someone truly believes in the Republican Ideals and they want to vote republican that's cool with me. That's what this country is all about; everyone gets a choice.

But Romney in particular has already proven himself to be a habitual liar. My Mom watches Fox News constantly, but I'm shocked that she doesn't see through the BS on this one.

She's coming up to visit tomorrow, I'm curious as to how our political discussions will go. Hopefully she is just thinking a vote for Johnson is a vote for Obama.

If she's just against Obama and not necessarily for Romney, then it shouldn't be too hard convincing her to vote for Johnson.

I personally don't really care whether its Obama or Johnson who wins, as long as Romney doesn't.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1349888579' post='558210']
If she's just against Obama and not necessarily for Romney, then it shouldn't be too hard convincing her to vote for Johnson.

I personally don't really care whether its Obama or Johnson who wins, as long as Romney doesn't.
[/quote]

She lives in GA. Whether she votes for Romney or not he will win GA. I might get her to Vote Johnson in support of the 3 party system since Romney doesn't have anything to worry about in GA. :ph34r:

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1349895628' post='558216']
As if Obama isn't also a habitual liar?
[/quote]

I'm not trying to spread that shit storm into this thread. It's going on in enough threads as it is.

I'm not pushing anyone to vote for Obama and in general I prefer the republican platform over the democratic platform if I have to choose between the two. But that's regarding ideals. As Hugo corectly pointed out, when it comes to election time, it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

Let's keep this thread on track as a unified general hate of the two party system.

Yeah, Romney's got Tennessee as well, so my vote doesn't really count either. Darn Electoral College...

I agree, let's keep it as a unified general hate of the two-party system. I think that's something we can all agree on. :)

the trouble as I see it is no one votes for the candidate they want. Everyone vote against the guy they don't want. Neither of the "popular" candidates are in my corner.
Ray