Patience.

navy876

Of an age where women taught their sons not to ask a woman's age! For shame.... :blum1:

Not quite as old as you claim on your profile gramps but not too terribly far behind you either! Just another left over child of the 60's out hugging trees and crap. Took me until this great age until I actually learned a little patience. Not always perfect with it yet, but working on it. The main thing I notice from having developed it, is that my own internal harmony is so much greater. And that I'm exceedingly grateful for.

'Rani

:lol:

I'm old enough to not have to follow rules anymore.
My children are in their 30s, one is pushing 40.
Oldest grandchild is 15; youngest is due in September.
I've got underwear older than most of the members here.
I still use a towel I bought in the summer of 1971, and it's still Alabama crimson red!

But I smoke because I'm too green to burn.

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1330388848' post='540746']
:lol:

I'm old enough to not have to follow rules anymore. [color=#800080] It's fun getting old and eccentric isn't it? Can't believe I didn't do it sooner![/color]
My children are in their 30s, one is pushing 40. [color=#800080]My son is going to be 40 this year. Though I was really young when his dad and I married.[/color]
Oldest grandchild is 15; youngest is due in September. [color=#800080]He adopted his wife's kids and she's two years younger than me.[/color]
I've got underwear older than most of the members here. [color=#800080]Can't say that, I still shop the sexy stuff and toss the worn out.[/color]
I still use a towel I bought in the summer of 1971, and it's still Alabama crimson red! [color=#800080]My family is from the South and still refers to the War of Northern Aggression for heaven's sake.[/color]

But I smoke because I'm too green to burn. [color=#800080] LOL....[/color]
[color=#800080]And for the record, I will be a perfectly lovely 56 in exactly 8 days......[/color]
[/quote]

[color=#800080]'Rani[/color]

I just read over some of the articles on your blog. It's amazing how much we think alike. Not exactly 100% on all things, but it's not hard to tell we're from about the same generation. I will read more. You have good writing skills, something sadly lacking nowadays.

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1330389667' post='540752']
I just read over some of the articles on your blog. It's amazing how much we think alike. Not exactly 100% on all things, but it's not hard to tell we're from about the same generation. I will read more. You have good writing skills, something sadly lacking nowadays.
[/quote]

Thank you though I'm way behind on blogging. I have started an ePublishing company www.thedigitalword.co because I believe in all the stories we all have to tell. ePublishing I honestly think has the power to change the world because it's not about the system in place for writers that has become as much a "big business" as so many other things have. Once we all start talking and writing among ourselves and reading what we are think and write, great things could be happening in the world. My little part of trying to help get there.

'Rani

And I thought I had the uncanny ability to fire Rani up, I have been bested in that tallent by a master! ;) ;)

I can only immagine what the boys with the white shirts and bicycles get when they knock on miss Rani's door. :(

I find patience a virtue. It's something that I believe that until it's learned, you will not achieve a harmony that many wish they could achieve. This is not me making a pity vote or anything because I'm not asking for it. But like my name states. Ststudz... It's a play off my stutter. I've stuttered for quite a while, and it's something I have to be VERY patient about. I smoke hookah because it's the only legal thing I can smoke that calms me down enough to where I don't stutter as often. I've been made fun of most of my life and for that patience has been my key of survival. Also most of my family is military.. 3 of them served in Koria and Viet. My cousins have all served terms in Iraq and for that I have had to have patience and "religious praying" that they come back home safe..

So in conclusion to patience... It is the ONLY thing that has kept me around so far.

Now if I may... I hope I don't step on toes about the religion thing. (I'm not trying to convert.. SPOILER!!!!) Ok... I'm a christian but I do not push my beliefs on others because my belief about believing is that if it is meant to be it is meant to be. If others have their way of religion, that's so freaking cool, I don't judge, poke, prod, harass, make fun of, or anything. Because each person is so incredibly unique in their own way... And back to patience... if you are patient, this will help you. All I'm sayin. Also I'm kind of a hippy..

[quote name='Ststudz' timestamp='1330495860' post='540914']
I find patience a virtue. It's something that I believe that until it's learned, you will not achieve a harmony that many wish they could achieve. This is not me making a pity vote or anything because I'm not asking for it. But like my name states. Ststudz... It's a play off my stutter. I've stuttered for quite a while, and it's something I have to be VERY patient about. I smoke hookah because it's the only legal thing I can smoke that calms me down enough to where I don't stutter as often. I've been made fun of most of my life and for that patience has been my key of survival. Also most of my family is military.. 3 of them served in Koria and Viet. My cousins have all served terms in Iraq and for that I have had to have patience and "religious praying" that they come back home safe..

So in conclusion to patience... It is the ONLY thing that has kept me around so far.

Now if I may... I hope I don't step on toes about the religion thing. (I'm not trying to convert.. SPOILER!!!!) Ok... I'm a christian but I do not push my beliefs on others because my belief about believing is that if it is meant to be it is meant to be. If others have their way of religion, that's so freaking cool, I don't judge, poke, prod, harass, make fun of, or anything. Because each person is so incredibly unique in their own way... And back to patience... if you are patient, this will help you. All I'm sayin. Also I'm kind of a hippy..
[/quote]I loved what you said Ststudz. Pretty admirable that your able to go through so much, and still keep your head up. Regardless of your ups and downs. BTW I recently made my first YT video , and I mentioned HF. I used your intro. Must say you have an amazing talent! I wish I could do what your able to.