Bringing Troops Home...

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/1013305--obama-bringing-33k-troops-home-from-afghanistan-starting-with-10k-this-year?bn=1

How many times are we gonna hear that they're bringing the troops home, but just a little bit now, and more will come home later, at intervals...

The war(s) ain't over until we're all out of there. So to believe that the war in Afghanistan OR Iraq is actually over, is a pretty idiotic thing to believe. We're still there > We're still fighting > War is still on and going.

Don't let your government lie to you.

I'm so fucking tired of this bullshit.

It's all timed to coincide with the ramp up of the election campaigns. If it weren't an election year coming up, I doubt anyone would be coming home. I'm just tired of not only how stupid they think we are, but how stupid so many of actually are believing the crap. The average American voter is starting sound like Elizabeth Hasselbeck on little white rocks.

'Rani

The war in Iraq is over, we aren't running operations out there. It takes time to tear down equipment and move out of there. Hell the last place I was at would have took two weeks to tear down and there was only two of us. Imagine a base that houses over 5k people. That will take a lot of time to move out of. Though Afghanistan isn't over at all.

IM sick of hearing this too. Obama stated during his campaign he would be bringing troops home, now its coming to the end and I haven't seen many troops coming home. Im sick of the lies fed to us just ot get a god damn vote in the campaign.They manipulate us and feed us what they want us to here just to turn the other cheek.

Well, Bush said in 2003 that the war in Iraq was over, but, we all know how that turned out... I'm just saying, is it really over NOW? Ya know, since we have ANOTHER president telling us so? How can we really know? It's like we have to believe what these politicians say (which we know they lie to us just to get into office, since they never actually accomplish anything they promise to do).

IMO, a war isn't over until we're actually OUT OF THERE. From what I understand, we still have troops there, and the Iraqi army hasn't really taken control of things yet. So, is it really over? I don't know... But I don't want to hear that it is from our president (Bush or Obama, or whoever comes after Obama), when we still have troops there.

I believe our troops will always be there (as long as we're a country that is) because we want to maintain the real reason why we went over there in the first place- money. I like how we got involved in this mess for the "money" when all it has seemingly done is sucked our country dry and left us in a weaker position in terms of the economy and such. Way to go, politicians. You win yet again!

The US fighting man is used as a political pawn. again.

yet one more reason to realize this POTUS will go down as the single worst president the USA has ever had.

The irony is that once a force with a high number of Guardsmen, and Reservists returns to the USA, it's going to knock the shit out of the unemployment figures. My bet is that the draw-down will not be in swing, nut just starting as Oct rolls around. Edited by TheScotsman

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1308846015' post='513458']
The US fighting man is used as a political pawn. again.

yet one more reason to realize this POTUS will go down as the single worst president the USA has ever had.

The irony is that once a force with a high number of Guardsmen, and Reservists returns to the USA, it's going to knock the shit out of the unemployment figures. My bet is that the draw-down will not be in swing, nut just starting as Oct rolls around.
[/quote]

How about we place the real blame towards the guy who got us into this whole mess? Obama is simply failing at getting us out of it.

And what does POTUS mean? I see you're a fan of acronyms, but let me tell you this- half the time no one knows what you're talking about due to them.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1308848582' post='513462']
And what does POTUS mean? I see you're a fan of acronyms, but let me tell you this- half the time no one knows what you're talking about due to them.
[/quote]

Lol @ this. Edited by Moovey

potus President of the United States. Good grief, do you live under a rock?

Send me a link to bush saying the war in Iraq was over. I don't recall that statement at all.

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1308874034' post='513491']
potus President of the United States. Good grief, do you live under a rock?

Send me a link to bush saying the war in Iraq was over. I don't recall that statement at all.
[/quote]

So because I do not know what the acronym POTUS means, I must live under a rock? Hm, okay. I think not knowing about the 2003 "Mission Accomplished" speech by Bush is a little more common than your acronym. Therefore, perhaps you live under a rock?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2003_Mission_Accomplished_speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzrJwzYBUkU

And he even backtracked here, trying to say the "misssion accomplished" banner on the aircraft carrier sent the wrong message, even though it was really the words he spoke, if he really didn't mean to say that the war was over:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNSQgZGhJkE

Heh, guess he announced it was over so he could get re-elected? These politicians will do anything to get elected, I tell ya.

end of major combat operations does not mean end of the war. two different things.

Notice the term "battle of Iraq". There is a hint there.

..."Admiral Kelly, Captain Card, officers and sailors of the USS Abraham Lincoln, my fellow Americans, major combat operations in Iraq have ended. In the battle of Iraq, the United States and our allies have prevailed.And now our coalition is engaged in securing and reconstructing that country."

Seems accurate for the events that occurred.

I am still waiting for a link to any statement that matches your insistence bushleague said, how did you put it, "[b][i]Well, Bush said in 2003 that the war in Iraq was over[/i][/b]" He never made that statement, the liberal media tried to put it in his mouth, and the uninformed believed them. But if you can bounce me a link to that statement, I would be willing to change my mind-until then, weather intentionally, or out of mistake, your statement is incorrect.

Oh lord, it was the liberal media! THE LIBERAL MEDIA YOU GUYS!!!

And besides, if "major combat operations in Iraq" ended in 2003, then why the hell are we still there? One word... money. But not for you. Not for me. For the gov and the big corporations!

And guess I'm just uninformed then. Because I took it as "shit's over guys, let's give this over to the people who own it and go home." Not "yeah, we pretty much have won, but we're gonna stick around for years so we can control shit and make bank." Meanwhile the people of America grow poorer and poorer...

And people wonder why other countries hate us so much...

I love how people think you can just up and leave a place where troops are fighting.

also check any other war we have been in we still have tropps stationed all over the world. not just iraq and afganistan. stop watching tv and read a little and you will see how things work.

we will always have troops deployed around the world till the end of time. We are just pulling the majority of troops out of a place where the mission has been completed, little by little, the right way. not the average Joe way of "hey man you said ALL of them before such and such date. Any intelligent person knows that is said for pure political posturing and in the end it would take years to withdraw EVERY troop.

and lol @ people defending bush............sigh.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1308882524' post='513511']
Oh lord, it was the liberal media! THE LIBERAL MEDIA YOU GUYS!!!

And besides, if "major combat operations in Iraq" ended in 2003, then why the hell are we still there? One word... money. But not for you. Not for me. For the gov and the big corporations!

And guess I'm just uninformed then. Because I took it as "shit's over guys, let's give this over to the people who own it and go home." Not "yeah, we pretty much have won, but we're gonna stick around for years so we can control shit and make bank." Meanwhile the people of America grow poorer and poorer...

And people wonder why other countries hate us so much...
[/quote]

So you fail to provide a link to any such speech.
I guess that makes your original statement nothing but BS.

You know, we still have troops in Korea from the 1950's
From WW2 in Germany.
Japan
Italy
Cuba from the Spanish-American war
The list could go on, but you get the idea.

It's not a light-switch, you don't flip the switch, and leave-unless the leaving nation LOST the war.
Your understanding of warefare is a tad on the deficient side of things

I like how were talking about money here, I am getting this feeling that you didnt understand OUR GOVERNMENT! doesn't care about its people anymore. Our governement is all about MONEY! I mean seriously look at the stuff they are able to do, taking vacations to places like Prague and other fancy ass places. They take all this money for themselves but fuck the American Economy. Our government is all about the almighty fucking dollar. the people you see living here are just big ass wallets to them that they can take money from and feed us this crock of shit that it is being spent to do so and so when really half that shit is probably going in to there bank accounts as part of there pay check. Shit at this rate America is going to be on the same economic level as Haiti or some other poor ass 3rd world country and i with out a doubt believe that the day that happens we will be invaded and taken over so fucking fast.

Rant completed! Edited by Coleman

I've already given you my link to the speech. But whatever. I still stand by what I said, because if "major operations" were over then, why are we still there now, 8 years later? I'm not alone in thinking we shouldn't be there.

I'm well aware that we still have troops in all those countries. My point is WE SHOULD NOT BE THERE. Why do we feel the need to be the world police? That's one of the things that has gotten us in all this shit we're in now.

It's not deficient; it just [i]differs from your opinion[/i].

My opinion is we never should have gone over there in the first place. Afghanistan? Yeah, fine, we had a dude to catch. But wait, he's not in Afghanistan anymore! No worries, we'll take over Afghan anyway to make money there, then make up some BS about Saddam having WMDs so we have a reason to go back into Iraq to finish that shit. And then finally we'll get back to the real reason we even went over into that region in the first place- to catch the dude who caused us so much harm. And we caught him. So now what? When does it end? I think we should bring these troops home to protect our damn country before we're invaded...

Chris I have to be that guy, I honestly dont think we caught osama. I think it is all a sham put on to help Obama in the next upcoming election. I think he either died years ago and was buried before he was found or that he is still living it up somewhere. I have found lots of flaws in his death looking in to it deeper. But I do agree we have no reason to be there anymore. Edited by Coleman

Oh he didn't die years ago during Bush's term. Had he, Bush would've been all over that. Trust me. I seriously doubt they'd just leave it for Obama to claim, years later.

I think honestly, we'll never know. The government has been proven to have lied to us, so they could lie to us about anything.

Political smoke and mirrors, a fantasy for the dummies that accept what media says as truth. All we do is turn over operations to private contractors. No money saved because the contractors get paid way more. But the boys come home, those kids who enlisted to get an education,get away from the parents or just joined the Guard, knowwing it was a weekend gig. Those guys are coming home. Those who are professionals will stay in the military and others who enjoy war(oh yes,it can be fun) will join private contractors to take up the slack in training the Afghan army and the Iraqi army. The CIA will have boots on the ground,mostly contractors. Anyway, I'm not there, so that's just my take on this troop withdrawal.

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1308923775' post='513547']
Oh he didn't die years ago during Bush's term. Had he, Bush would've been all over that. Trust me. I seriously doubt they'd just leave it for Obama to claim, years later.

I think honestly, we'll never know. The government has been proven to have lied to us, so they could lie to us about anything.
[/quote]

Chris when I say he died I mean he died and the U.S. doesnt even know it. Osama could be buried right under our troops noses but we will never know for sure.

[quote name='mustafabey' timestamp='1308936837' post='513556']
Political smoke and mirrors, a fantasy for the dummies that accept what media says as truth. All we do is turn over operations to private contractors. No money saved because the contractors get paid way more. But the boys come home, those kids who enlisted to get an education,get away from the parents or just joined the Guard, knowwing it was a weekend gig. Those guys are coming home. Those who are professionals will stay in the military and others who enjoy war(oh yes,it can be fun) will join private contractors to take up the slack in training the Afghan army and the Iraqi army. The CIA will have boots on the ground,mostly contractors. Anyway, I'm not there, so that's just my take on this troop withdrawal.
[/quote]

So true.
I know allot of those contractors. Most of them belong in a nut house, stockade, or both. It is never in their interest to resolve anything, but keep the destruction right under the point where regular military intervention is necessary. Accountability is little more than CYA, and lie about whatever it takes to get out of trouble. Why would they work themselves out of a job?

Never want to be standing too close to one of those guys with the dookie hits the proverbial ventilation machine.