Broken Valve

Okay. So the ball or the BB is there for when you inhale to prevent outside air from being inhaled. The main function of the BB is to allow purging of the base. If the ball is lost you can temporarily seal the purge valve with saran wrap or whatever so you aren't inhaling outside air. I'm not exactly sure what you are talking about, but if you broke the entire valve off you are probably shit out of luck.

Haha, funny sidenote. I just got back from my sister's wedding and packed a bowl on my OG Tri. I started to inhale and heard a huge air suction sound. My plastic BB was stuck in the purge cover. It seems appropriate.

Edit: I ran out of time above. You can still try to seal it off with saran wrap, foil, jb wd, etc to stop outside air.

The ball is held in place by a screw in cap. Depending on the type of hookah these caps sometimes have a screw in the middle, sometimes not. This cap allows the ball to move down and block the hole when someone is inhaling on the hose, or move up and unblock the hole when you are purging the base by blowing into the hose. The ones with the screws in them are often adjustable to you have to unscrew the screw a bit to give the ball space to move up for purging.

Can you post a picture of your purge valve area?

with the MYA's, for the most part, there are replacement pieces on hookah selling sites, i know i saw some, as well as double hose attachments to replace the valve piece...take a look and see if it screws off or something if its busted