How To Pack A Standard Egyptian Bowl

Chreees

So it looks like you are overfilling it deliberately but loosely? I'd be worried about burning the shisha, but it appears you aren't getting harshness.

Interesting. I'll try your coal method later on as my second set of coals tends to get funky, like you mentioned. Definitely will be picking up a bowl like that; my friend is obsessed with small bowls and for once I'd just like a big manly Egyptian, lol.

[quote name='Jesse' timestamp='1298659707' post='499468']
So it looks like you are overfilling it deliberately but loosely? I'd be worried about burning the shisha, but it appears you aren't getting harshness.
[/quote]

I'm not overfilling it- just up to the rim. Yes, it will touch the foil. But you want that.

Hope you ended up getting bigger clouds than that, haha.

[quote name='CarePolice' timestamp='1298661316' post='499469']
Interesting. I'll try your coal method later on as my second set of coals tends to get funky, like you mentioned. Definitely will be picking up a bowl like that; my friend is obsessed with small bowls and for once I'd just like a big manly Egyptian, lol.
[/quote]

The Egyptian clay is pretty much the best bowl for everything besides Tangiers, IMO.

The pic isn't very good. I AM getting decent clouds for having a tiny lil hookah actually. Last night was huge near the end actually! used 1 ql broken in 3 pieces and my ghetto windcover

[quote name='CarePolice' timestamp='1298666848' post='499482']
I agree. Unfortunately I never buy the bowls... :( I think I'll buy one next paycheck and keep it with me so it doesn't get caked with blackness.
[/quote]

Oh man, you gotta have an Egyptian bowl in your collection.

[quote name='Jesse' timestamp='1298723067' post='499632']
The pic isn't very good. I AM getting decent clouds for having a tiny lil hookah actually. Last night was huge near the end actually! used 1 ql broken in 3 pieces and my ghetto windcover
[/quote]

Well that's good. Glad it worked well for ya!

• 7 months later...
Thank you for the video. Helped me get my first smoke going. Did my coal placement as suggested also which seemed to work. 2 CCNs lasted me about an hour with only moving them in a little.

[quote name='atalanta' timestamp='1317671869' post='526270']
Thank you for the video. Helped me get my first smoke going. Did my coal placement as suggested also which seemed to work. 2 CCNs lasted me about an hour with only moving them in a little.
[/quote]

Glad I could help out!

• 5 weeks later...