How Much Shisha On A Domestic Flight?

Hey folks, long time no see.
So my bff/sister is an amazing person and as a late gift for my 21st she will be taking me & a mutual friend to Vegas for a 5day/4night stay. Yes, I know she is fricking awesome. Now I've figured out that I could probably take Grunhilda (my mini mya) as a carry on. There are multiple posts all over the net that attest to this fact. However, I haven't been able to find any info on how much shisha I could take as a carryon. If all else fails, I'll take my herbal shishas and buy some tobacco shisha there. But I'd much rather spend my money on food, gambling, and alcohol lol.
It will be a domestic flight from Seatac (Seattle) to Las Vegas.

Thanks so much!!

You all rock!

hmmm...carry on? i'm not sure, but last i checked there's no customs or fees for bringing tobacco over state lines.

soooo, i'd say 40lbs or whatever limit the airline sets for carry on luggage. but, i'd call the customs office and TSA just to be sure. Edited by Arcane

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1297925099' post='498157']
hmmm...carry on? i'm not sure, but last i checked there's no customs or fees for bringing tobacco over state lines.

soooo, i'd say 40lbs or whatever limit the airline sets for carry on luggage. but, i'd call the customs office and TSA just to be sure.
[/quote]

I'd take in in my luggage, but I'm having this scary thought where the containers burst and it gets all over my clothes. *Shudders* Clothes shopping in Vegas for a plus sized girl, please no.
Back to the original post, I will call them if worse comes to worse; but I'd much rather not be on the phone for a couple of hours. And I wouldn't think there are any customs or fees since it is domestic, but it is something to look into. But I thought maybe cause there is glycerin in it and all that there are restrictions on amount. I wouldn't doubt it with how paranoid the TSA is...

I don't know what the current state of play is with airline security in the US, but, I would definitely carry such things in checked baggage or not at all. For all your screener knows, that could be sawdust in nitroglycerin, so don't be alarmed if they want to swab it for explosives. (!)

If you're worried about your clothes, stick it inside a ziploc and pack carefully. I've carried 6 bottles of wine in hold baggage a few times, wrapped in towels or clothing inside a rucksack, and never seen one broken yet. How much juice you think they can knock out of some shisha?

I'm not going to smoke a lot. But I like to have my options open. I've also heard that smoking hookah helps with jet lag and hang overs, both of which me thinks we will need help with lol. And if after talking to the TSA about it and I can't carry any on I will just pack it in my checked bag.

did you get a name? and this is the airline, correct? the one that gets your money if you purchase your ticket (not necessarily whether you get on the flight or not)?

i'd still check with TSA and Customs. when bringing my snowboard to San Diego as checked luggage, i called Hawaiian Airlines on 4 separate occassions. i had 3 people say, i wouldn't have to pay oversized baggage fees and 1 person that said i would.

CYA.