No Taste - Why?

Hello there folks!

Here's my story;

I'm big fan of nargilas, hookahs, shishas... A year ago I bought that crappy useless no name pumpkin hookah 25-30 centimeters with no name quicklights and El Nakhla tabacco - and in one word - it was really bad - everything, burnt smokes and stuff... I was really disappointed... People on this forum told me that I need to buy better equipment, so I saved money for better equipment...

So far, I have bought Aladdin's Black Moon hookah - 70 centimeters (good one, no rusting inside, stainless steel), like this one on picture; [url="http://www.shisha-paradies.com/images/w146r%20blackmoon%20rot%20800logo.jpg"]http://www.shisha-paradies.com/images/w146r%20blackmoon%20rot%20800logo.jpg[/url]

I have bought Three Kings 33mm quicklights... (best quicklights ever)

So far, I have tried many of El Nakhla tabaccos - Rose, Orange, Mango, Mixed Fruits, Two Apples, Strawberry, Peach, Sweet Melon (at the moment smoking this), Coconut - many of them, but just El Nakhla!

I have tried many of ways of packaging bowl, heating and stuff - and I think I package it well (I'm not such beginner, let's say I'm intermediate)...

My problem is that I spend a lot of money, nerves and time and after that I'm a bit disappointed with everything and I don't FEEL and TASTE that fruit that I'm smoking (yes, I have big thick clouds)... but...

I just (and my girlfriend and my best friend say so) don't TASTE that FRUITY SWEET TASTE, there just isn't any taste beside, let's say "wooden" taste...

What should I do, why is like this (no sweetness)??? I think I have OK, good equipment - Aladdin's Hookah, Three Kings Quicklights and El Nakhla Tabacco!

Please help, Thank you all folks!

I'm personally not a fan of Nakhla's fruit flavors, I've never found them sweet or flavorful. How did the Rose taste to you, just wondering if you could taste the rose or if it also had no flavor.

You might be happier with Al Fakher, if you can find it. Or perhaps some of the Mizo Nakhla, I hear Nakhla Mizo Guava is pretty much to die for. Do you buy your shisha locally or do you order it online?

I know there's a way to make sure you're getting real Nakhla and not counterfeit Nakhla, that might be part of your problem, depends on where you're ordering it from. I am sure someone here can tell you how to check the packaging to be sure.

[quote name='Genie' timestamp='1296396329' post='496167']
I'm personally not a fan of Nakhla's fruit flavors, I've never found them sweet or flavorful. How did the Rose taste to you, just wondering if you could taste the rose or if it also had no flavor.

You might be happier with Al Fakher, if you can find it. Or perhaps some of the Mizo Nakhla, I hear Nakhla Mizo Guava is pretty much to die for. Do you buy your shisha locally or do you order it online?

I know there's a way to make sure you're getting real Nakhla and not counterfeit Nakhla, that might be part of your problem, depends on where you're ordering it from. I am sure someone here can tell you how to check the packaging to be sure.
[/quote]

I haven't tried Rose in this branded Aladdin's Hookah, just in Pumpkin - and it tasted horrible, like every other taste, no matter which, they all have same, "wooden" flavor - and that's it!

Nah... I'm from Croatia and I can't buy Al Fakher or other stuff.... I can buy just El Nakhla (and El Basha Grappe), El Nakhla I buy in some local souvenir Turkish shop (40 g ~ 6-7 dollars) and I think it's original sealed. I can buy some Soex tabacco and some Habibi in my country and that's it (no way I will orded it via ebay, because paying taxes and stuff...).

Too much heat on your hookah, break the 33mm in half and place each half on opposite ends of the bowl, after 15 min add another half and keep doing so every 10-15 minutes as needed. A whole 33mm 3K is probably burning the bowl since it is small. Also, Soex is not tobacco, it is herbal....unless you like to smoke grass clippings I suggest staying away.

Maybe the shisha your buying is like 6 years old. No idea if a local turkish shop in Croatia keeps fresh stock lol. I know sweet melon should definitely have a lot of flavor. it may be too much heat, and i hope it is, because otherwise it will make this situation harder to figure out. Good luck with the next couple trys.

@mushrat - trust me, I've tried everything; with one charcoal, two charcoals accros, halves of one disc accross, 3-4 pieces of them (that's what I call "burn"), every way, I have no ideas any more... :) ... much ways of packing bowl and drilling holes in foil(bigger, smaller, throught the whole bowl, just on surface, bla bla bla...)

@Tyler - I have tried everything, like I said, I have no ideas anymore :( I didn't understand what you said about Soex? I know it's just fruity molasses (maybe this will be better for me) without Tar and Nicotine (and with El Nakhla I usually get stomachache and headache, like I'm "stoned" and will throw up, somekind of easier sickness, weakness throught my whole body)...

@momentum - hm, pretty interesting... I never took in consideration something like this... and I think you're right about this old Albanian guy in souvenir shop. There is no year and date when was packaged and made on the boxes, BUT - I remember few months ago when I've bought El Nakhla Banana 250 gramms there, and for sure on the box was written the year when it was made; 2001! (10 years old, yeah! :) ) Probably other tabaccos are so old, who knows, maybe even older...

My opinion for future - to buy natural bamboo charcoals - Aladdin's Bamboocha (I can't try cocos for now in my country, not available...) and try Soex or Habibi tabacco (must order via online webshop, but still in Croatia, so it's OK for me), your opinions and suggestions?

wow, 10 years old. That will not compare to something fresh. Ive heard of 2 or 3 year old shisha tasting alright, but I doubt it will keep its flavor for 10. I think you should try buying some shisha online, because it will be guaranteed fresh. Theres a chance that it will get through customs without them taxing you heavily or whatever. What are the tax rates like there on tobacco?

And smoking shisha really shouldnt be making you that sick...I wonder if the shisha has gone bad or maybe youre allergic to tobacco? Maybe its just a tolerance thing, do you ever smoke tobacco other than shisha? Do you get sick everytime? I personally hate herbal shisha, but maybe you should try that if you're getting so sick.

Holy hell, sounds like you've covered your bases as far as heat management goes... My guess is it's just old tobacco. I second trying to order from online vendors.

To elaborate on Tyler's comment, soex is an herbal shisha and has no tobacco in it. It kind of looks like pine needles covered in molasses. I tried a bowl of it once (dont remember what flavor) and it was horrid.

@momentum - yes, I've tried normal cigarettes, same thing - I always feel such like this... what's the reason? Allergic to tabacco?

@a cliche affair - people on this forum says that Soex is waste, you don't recommend it too? I just need sweet taste and "big" clouds, no need fur Nakla's "buzz"... what about Habibi? I just have access to standard El Nakhlas (beside El Basha Grape), few Soex and few Habibi...

@dizzbizz - I got it, tighter packaging is really OK and better - but doesn't give required taste...

So far, one hour ago I've got an idea... to try smoke without hose, direct from the base (bowl packed with El Nakla's Orange Fakhfakina + few pieces of Three Kings up)... and without that hose - it really worked! Orange really tasted - orange, sweet and tasty flavored!!! I've tried to wash (probably non-washable hose, but who cares, even though it useless...) hose, and then I took smoke throught washed hose - same thing - no taste! Removed, took smoke from the base - tasted really good!!! (could be better, of course)

[quote name='kuntakinke' timestamp='1296423989' post='496202']
@momentum - yes, I've tried normal cigarettes, same thing - I always feel such like this... what's the reason? Allergic to tabacco?

@a cliche affair - people on this forum says that Soex is waste, you don't recommend it too? I just need sweet taste and "big" clouds, no need fur Nakla's "buzz"... what about Habibi? I just have access to standard El Nakhlas (beside El Basha Grape), few Soex and few Habibi...

@dizzbizz - I got it, tighter packaging is really OK and better - but doesn't give required taste...

So far, one hour ago I've got an idea... to try smoke without hose, direct from the base (bowl packed with El Nakla's Orange Fakhfakina + few pieces of Three Kings up)... and without that hose - it really worked! Orange really tasted - orange, sweet and tasty flavored!!! I've tried to wash (probably non-washable hose, but who cares, even though it useless...) hose, and then I took smoke throught washed hose - same thing - no taste! Removed, took smoke from the base - tasted really good!!! (could be better, of course)
[/quote]

Sounds like its time to get a new hose, its really no fun always smoking from the port and has caused me some neck problems.

This is original Aladdin's stock/defaul/standard hose and barely it has 7 days - it's just new (but probably it sucks?)! At the moment, I'm not in position to buy new hose, probably I'll be in few days, when my seller will get those new hoses (but Aladdin's to...). So far, nothing about KM and Nammor for me...

Just to add; I can buy only Aladin's hoses... what do you suggest? Leather hose or plastic hose and what lenght (I think this is much of important for me!)?

Friend told me that this original/stock/default hose I have it's buckram and not so "good" quality!