Got My Hookah 2 Days Ago. Having Problems With It. Help Please.

Well for starters it's really hard to suck through the hose. Another problem I have is that the smoke is so thin that it feels like I'm inhaling air untill I exhale, then I get smoke.
Also the guide calls for a pinch of shisha, but in order to get the amount of smoke I want I have to fill the thing up. The guide tells me not to let the shisha touch the tinfoil, but the only time I get a decent amount of smoke is when I pull the tinfoil off and half the shisha is stuck to the foil.

You're going to want to completely fill the bowl. The guide telling you to use a pinch is very misleading. Stir your tobacco around, sprinkle it into the bowl a TAD bit above the rim of the bowl, then press down with the palm of your hand to make it flush with the bowl's rim. Poke plenty of holes, going all the way to the bottom of the bowl. For coals, do either one coal on the edge of the bowl, rotating it around as you smoke, or do two coals on opposite sides of the bowl on the edges, rotating as you smoke. Just play around with it and see what works. It's all about trial and error, really. But yes, what kind of hookah, tobacco, and coals are you using? That'll narrow down what we can tell you to get it smoking good for you. I may have to open my packages of Nakhla and make a how-to for packing my standard Egyptian bowl. Look around on YouTube for vids for help until I make a how-to.

[quote name='SweetNut' timestamp='1283047493' post='480596']
What type of hookah?
What kind of bowl, tobacco and coals?
[/quote]

The hookah is about 1.5 feet tall with a glass base, rest is metal. Don't know what brand, I bought it at a head shop. I was told by the owner that it was really good quality. The bowl is ceramic with 6 holes in it. I'm using taru shisha, and holland quick light coles.

I think I've isolated the problem. I unhook the hose from the hookah and when I try to pull through the hose it's insainely hard. It's like breathing through a straw. Could this mean that the hose is the problem? Someone verify this for me so I can buy a new hose and be done with this headache.

First of all... any guy in a head shop will tell you what he's selling is good quality. Better to hold off, go home, and do some research before you buy. I know most of us wish we had done that... Myself included.

So you're saying when you take the hose off and try to inhale/exhale through it you don't get any air? That's pretty simple... your hose is clogged. Need a new one. If it's not that, have you checked the hose port and downstem to make sure it's all clean? Try inhaling on the hose port itself, see if you're able to get air. Then try plugging the top of the stem (without the bowl on) and blow through the hose port to make sure the purge works properly.

We'll get this fixed for you, one way or another. ;)

Is there anyway you can post up a picture of your hookah? That way we can identify it for you.

you might want to try using a heavy poker on the mouth end and hose port of the hose alot of times your standard free hoses that come with a hookah will have some sort of slag or something clogging the airflow in the mouthpiece or the hose port end...

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1283058962' post='480605']
First of all... any guy in a head shop will tell you what he's selling is good quality. Better to hold off, go home, and do some research before you buy. I know most of us wish we had done that... Myself included.

So you're saying when you take the hose off and try to inhale/exhale through it you don't get any air? That's pretty simple... your hose is clogged. Need a new one. If it's not that, have you checked the hose port and downstem to make sure it's all clean? Try inhaling on the hose port itself, see if you're able to get air. Then try plugging the top of the stem (without the bowl on) and blow through the hose port to make sure the purge works properly.

We'll get this fixed for you, one way or another. ;)

Is there anyway you can post up a picture of your hookah? That way we can identify it for you.
[/quote]

There's the hookah. I can attach a photo of the hose too if necessary. Purge works fine, but no matter how or where I inhale or exhale through the hose I have the same problem. Strange thing is, I have a second hose that as far as my knowledge goes has never even touched smoke. This hose has the exact same problem.

I may just buy a new hookah altogether. Probably a mya. If the problem is the hookah components and not the hookah user I'm not going to wait for other parts to break down before I buy a new one.

pretty sure thats a sahara smoke hookah...check the stem and hose port to see if its the problem might be cloged somewhere....those bases are really nice maybee just check into getting a new stem for it rather then a whole new hookah if it comes to that.....lots of really nice stems should be able to fit that base...a small MYA replacement or other nice replacement possibly

Yeah I wasn't sure if Sahara Smoke hookahs had the auto-seal bearings in the hose ports or not... I know the ones I've smoked out of at lounges didn't. We were told to plug the hoses with our thumbs. Gotta love the Myas for the auto-seal hose ports...

Actually, one side has the auto seal bearing and the other side doesn't. I've been just plugging the hose into the side that didn't have it. If you guys say it's good quality I'll just replace the hose. I've checked everything else twice and the hose is really the only problem.

Well, Sahara Smoke hookahs aren't the best, but aren't bad either... Most people complain about rusting after a while. If you can return the whole thing to the shop you got it from and order a small Mya online, that'd be your best possible solution. If the shop won't take it back for a full refund, demand a replacement hose since you seem to think that's the problem.

get a rifle cleaning kit and use the cleaning rod to knock the crap out of the hose. Often there is globs of glue or bits of wood blocking hoses. You wouldn't believe how many hoses I've bought that needed a quick run through.

no need to buy a new hose.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1283085771' post='480633']
get a rifle cleaning kit and use the cleaning rod to knock the crap out of the hose. Often there is globs of glue or bits of wood blocking hoses. You wouldn't believe how many hoses I've bought that needed a quick run through.

no need to buy a new hose.
[/quote]

How much effort is that supposted to take? I've been ramming a skewer against the inside of my hose as hard as I could and I'm getting nowhere.

Mush, he told me on HF Chat that the hose itself seems to be of normal gauge, but that the openings on the hose mouthtip and port end are like the size of a toothpick. Something's definitely wrong with that hose if the openings on each end are the size of a toothpick...

The guy at the store I bought it from convinced me there's nothing wrong with the hookah its self. Maybe the hose is just mediocre and working fine? Can someone look at this video and tell me if I'm either not getting enough smoke or it's all in my head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALfUisS1DqE

agreed. can you give us a close up of the end of your hose? (i see that as a sig someone's gonna be sorry. :) )

a skewer may not be good enough depending on how far hown the blockage is or how big it is. Also, just for kicks, have you flipped your stem over to make sure the holes for the air flow aren't partially blocked?

The whole thing is falling apart now. The bowl no longer will stay on. I'm done with this thing. No more hookah for me until I get paid and order a mya or a KM. I left the store that sold me this thing a bad review. They refuse to acknowledge that their is anything wrong with the hookah and they won't replace it or give me a refund.

Thanks for the help everyone. If it weren't for you guys I'd probably still be screwing around with it thinking that I was the one doing something wrong.

Yeah, sounds like it was the hookah, not you... Go back to the store, open the door, and throw it in, and tell them they can have their junk back... lol.

Really a shame you paid $100 for it... I'd go for a $50 Mya. They're really nice. I'm actually wanting another one for when I don't feel like busting out the KM.