First Hookah On It'S Way (Tips For A Good First Smoke?)

I finally decided on what hookah to get as my first based on reviews and suggestions by forum members, my order (from Hookah-Shisha) is below

Mya QT
Black Nammor Hose
Phunnel Bowl
CH Coals
50g AF - Vanilla, Strawberry
50g Romman - Mango, Coconut
50g Hydro Aurora (Pineapple)

I placed the order the 25th, and it should be arriving the 31st. I can't wait to get it, but I don't want to mess up the first smoke with my first hookah. Any suggestions on how to get the best out of it? Which flavor do you think I should try first?

hmmm...out of the flavors you picked out...i'd go AF Strawberry. as for tips....if you have no idea what you're doing, do some research prior to starting your first session. youtube has some good videos.

sacrificing a goat probably won't hurt either...

[quote name='ryno' date='28 March 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1269838434' post='460365']
Best advice I can give is don't get discouraged from a bad session. It will take some time to get down your packing and heat management.
[/quote]

Agreed!

The phunnel you get from H-S is a chinese or havana. It' freaking huge!

I would start with some Romman in the QT Bowl. Break up the tobacco and drop it in the bowl till it's just above the rim then put on the foil, poke some holes all the way down and add some coals and smoke. I would break the Golden quicklights you get in half and use 2 halves.

Here's a good method for smoking that AF on your Mya QT. Use the standard mya bowl to do this:

1. Light 1 CH coal ***Always make sure your coal is white all around before you use it.
2. Lightly pack the af in the bowl to the top. I use a small fork to pack mine, but if you don't have a really small fork, use your index and thumb to pick up pinches of shisha and place it gently in the bowl. Do that until the bowl is full.
3. Place foil on the top of your bowl and gently press down the shisha so it's flush with the edges of the bowl.
4. Place hot coal on the edge of your bowl. let it sit for a little while.
5. Heat up another coal
6. Inhale a couple of times to get the clouds going
7. Get the second coal and place it across from your previous coal
8. Inhale a couple of times to get BIG fluffy clouds
9. Take one coal off, and add the other one periodically. Keep doing that every so often, and your smoke will be good to the last exhale

Btw, great choices on the coals, and AF. The AF flavours just happen to be my favorite from that brand.

Enjoy!.

[quote name='Stuie' date='29 March 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1269841270' post='460379']
I am sorry you picked Romman Coconut... it's one of their worst flavors.
[/quote]

What is so bad about it?

It tastes kind of rank. For future Romman purchases, you have to buy ivory coast. Its like smoking gypsy tears mixed with caribbean sunshine with just a few sprinkles of pure kitten extract. It's magical. Edited by Can-O-War

[quote name='Can-O-War' date='29 March 2010 - 12:30 PM' timestamp='1269880234' post='460491']
It tastes kind of rank. For future Romman purchases, you have to buy ivory coast. Its like smoking gypsy tears mixed with caribbean sunshine with just a few sprinkles of pure kitten extract. It's magical.
[/quote]

I actually smoke ivory coast yesterday and hated it. Sweet melon and melon berry are flavors that I enjoy.

[quote name='thatonethere' date='29 March 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1269844736' post='460399']
Here's a good method for smoking that AF on your Mya QT. Use the standard mya bowl to do this:

1. Light 1 CH coal ***Always make sure your coal is white all around before you use it.
2. Lightly pack the af in the bowl to the top. I use a small fork to pack mine, but if you don't have a really small fork, use your index and thumb to pick up pinches of shisha and place it gently in the bowl. Do that until the bowl is full.
3. Place foil on the top of your bowl and gently press down the shisha so it's flush with the edges of the bowl.
5. Heat up another coal
9. Take one coal off, and add the other one periodically. Keep doing that every so often, and your smoke will be good to the last exhale

Btw, great choices on the coals, and AF. The AF flavours just happen to be my favorite from that brand.

Enjoy!.

[/quote]

Thanks.

No problem. :)
I just realized that I should have mentioned to poke holes in the foil. But then again, it goes without saying.

[quote name='Ezrail' date='29 March 2010 - 11:01 AM' timestamp='1269878460' post='460485']
[quote name='Stuie' date='29 March 2010 - 12:41 AM' timestamp='1269841270' post='460379']
I am sorry you picked Romman Coconut... it's one of their worst flavors.
[/quote]

What is so bad about it?
[/quote]

The flavor is barely there. It's an okay mixer, but I wouldn't waste my money on it again. If you want Coconut, grab Nakhla Coconut.

Heres a good website i used for when i did my first smoke of my new shisha!

Enjoy

[url="http://www.hookahshop.co.uk/howtosetuphookah.php?osCsid=571f907c33fc9730b6d2301ebbe5dd81"]http://www.hookahshop.co.uk/howtosetuphookah.php?osCsid=571f907c33fc9730b6d2301ebbe5dd81[/url]

[quote name='ryno' date='28 March 2010 - 11:53 PM' timestamp='1269838434' post='460365']
Best advice I can give is don't get discouraged from a bad session. It will take some time to get down your packing and heat management.
[/quote]

just had my 2nd session with AF GRAPE...it was bad...I still need that bowl grommet arriving in mail...suspect > thanks for the post

[quote name='Josh Hamilton' date='01 April 2010 - 09:22 AM' timestamp='1270128141' post='461253']
oh plus af grape is kinda harsh for me
[/quote]
For good grape get the AF golden black grape. like smoking sour welch's grape juice.
Ray

[quote name='Venger' date='01 April 2010 - 02:52 PM' timestamp='1270169576' post='461405']
[quote name='Josh Hamilton' date='01 April 2010 - 09:22 AM' timestamp='1270128141' post='461253']
oh plus af grape is kinda harsh for me
[/quote]
For good grape get the AF golden black grape. like smoking sour welch's grape juice.
Ray
[/quote]
+1

it needs a bit of mint, imo...

I did AF grape but this time fixed my setup ....coz I had too many coals last time and I think they were burning the shisha...so I put them on the edge of the bowl somewhat and from 3 to 2 coals now....kinda sad though after 30 mins I stopped and there was so much more in the bowl of shisha Its kinda of a waste to throw....I still think af grape is ho hum good thick smoke though no buzz I got it coz they said it had a in ur face kinda flavor...

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='thatonethere' date='29 March 2010 - 01:38 AM' timestamp='1269844736' post='460399']

5. Heat up another coal

Enjoy!.

[/quote]

I gotta say thanks for this too! I'm going to try your method.

I recently got a QT as my first hookah and got AF watermelon and guava. I have Starbuzz QL charcoals. They're 35mm. First time I packed too little and it burned. Second time I packed too much and a ton of shisha was still unused at the bottom of the bowl.

5. Heat up another coal

Enjoy!.

[/quote]

I gotta say thanks for this too! I'm going to try your method.

I recently got a QT as my first hookah and got AF watermelon and guava. I have Starbuzz QL charcoals. They're 35mm. First time I packed too little and it burned. Second time I packed too much and a ton of shisha was still unused at the bottom of the bowl.