Aztec Highway

Sapphire

BEST SHOP EVER !!!!!!

If you were a candy lover , it would be like walking into Willy Wonka's factory.

I don't think there is one hookah related thing that you can't get in that place ! I could sit and drool over all the Shisha brands & Flavors they have in that place, and the Hookah shelves are PACKED with hookahs of all makes and models from floor to ceiling.
Service is VERY friendly, and the staff is beyond Knowledgable. You can ask them a question and get a REAL answer or opinion.

It's Hookah Narnia !

Santino....I will be walking back through the wardrobe door to visit soon. tongue.gif

^^ And I thought I got wordy...

Gonna have to try a brief review I guess.

I love the shop, great deals. Awesome selection of stuff and the only place you can see that much hand-blown glass hookah parts in one place.

Service is excellent and they remember your name pretty quick there and know more than enough to answer any question you may have.

• 2 months later...
Top notch-- the only shop who knew what a heba diffuser was when I was making random legitimacy calls nearly a year ago. I've since visited 5 other hookah shops from Logan to Sandy and have been disappointed in their competition every time. Aztec spoiled me for hookah shops.

They have a rewards program for frequent shoppers. They will be completely honest about every brand/flavor and offer excellent suggestions. They are keeping the local scene on an aficionado level as opposed to just stocking up on pumpkins & Fantasia (though you can still get Fantasia, if you please).

It doesn't get any better in Salt Lake, or the rest of the state. But if you live here, you probably already know that wink.gif

Too bad they don't sell shisha online sad.gif.

• 1 month later...
My favorite hookah shop. Lots of good brands and flavors. The employees are a lot of fun and very knowledgeable about hookah and smoking. They helped me go from smoking hookah the wrong way to the best way. Good prices too. I could go on about how much I like the shop but that might take a while. All in all its a great shop

• 1 month later...
[quote name='hookahthis' date='24 February 2010 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1267058307' post='453522']
how does there prices compare to online retailers?
[/quote]

Personal oppinion Aztec has the most expensive prices compaired to Online and other retailers in the area. If your looking for knowledge Aztec is the place to go, but we are talking about prices cause we already have the knowledge we need here on these forums, their hookah bowls are over priced and so is their shisha. I'm not a fan of House of Hookah but their prices are even better. The best prices I've seen in utah are a little south of Aztec on 9000 south and 1300 west the store is called Big Papa's Clothing and Smoke Stuff. Second best would be Somke 101 which is on 6400 South and Bangater Highway.

[quote name='DarkJ3JB' date='03 March 2010 - 10:37 AM' timestamp='1267637866' post='455035']
[quote name='hookahthis' date='24 February 2010 - 05:38 PM' timestamp='1267058307' post='453522']
[/quote]

Personal oppinion[b] Aztec has the most expensive prices compaired to Online and other retailers in the area[/b]. If your looking for knowledge Aztec is the place to go, but we are talking about prices cause we already have the knowledge we need here on these forums, their hookah bowls are over priced and so is their shisha. I'm not a fan of House of Hookah but their prices are even better. The best prices I've seen in utah are a little south of Aztec on 9000 south and 1300 west the store is called Big Papa's Clothing and Smoke Stuff. Second best would be Somke 101 which is on 6400 South and Bangater Highway.
[/quote]

This is good to know. I was planning on making a trip out there to see what they have. Since they are over priced, I don't think I'll make the 35 mile drive. However, If I do go out there, Santino (a member on this forum) sells glass hookah bowls and works there. The reviews on his bowls are really good. He has a vendor profile on this site for more info.

[quote name='thatonethere' date='03 March 2010 - 08:22 PM' timestamp='1267672942' post='455120']
[quote name='DarkJ3JB' date='03 March 2010 - 10:37 AM' timestamp='1267637866' post='455035']
[/quote]

Personal oppinion[b] Aztec has the most expensive prices compaired to Online and other retailers in the area[/b]. If your looking for knowledge Aztec is the place to go, but we are talking about prices cause we already have the knowledge we need here on these forums, their hookah bowls are over priced and so is their shisha. I'm not a fan of House of Hookah but their prices are even better. The best prices I've seen in utah are a little south of Aztec on 9000 south and 1300 west the store is called Big Papa's Clothing and Smoke Stuff. Second best would be Somke 101 which is on 6400 South and Bangater Highway.
[/quote]

This is good to know. I was planning on making a trip out there to see what they have. Since they are over priced, I don't think I'll make the 35 mile drive. However, If I do go out there, Santino (a member on this forum) sells glass hookah bowls and works there. The reviews on his bowls are really good. He has a vendor profile on this site for more info.
[/quote]

I love those glass hookah's, I was just at Aztec and I didn't see any of his there, but when they are they look AMAZING, I want to get one but waiting for another to show up.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='thatonethere' date='03 March 2010 - 09:22 PM' timestamp='1267672942' post='455120']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Update: I just checked them out over the weekend, and I do have to say that store is awesome. Sure, some of their stuff is expensive, but that's due to the laws and regulations surrounding tobacco sales in Utah (35% of profit margin, I believe). I will say this though. They have a very very extensive inventory of all hookah related items. Plus the staff really know what they are talking about. They are honest and won't steer you in the wrong direction just to get your dollars, and best of all, they don't sell overpriced crap unlike a lot of places that have hookahs in this state. You will get more than what you've bargained for when you go there.

Now they need to open a franchise or become a chain store...... Oh the possibilities.

• 3 months later...
On a trip to Salt Lake a few weeks ago, ihcake and I made it a point to go visit Santino at his shop. Needless to say, the place is great. Santino stocks a wide variety of hookah related items to the point that I think most people would be hard pressed to NOT walk out of their satisfied.

I do have to say here that while the variety is fantastic and the prices fair, what really sets Aztec Highway apart is Santino. It seems the majority of lounges and shops I go to are staffed by people who don't know the first thing about what they're selling (see my review on The Huka). This is what makes dealing with Santino so refreshing. Not only is he the man responsible for the innovation and creativity that is Crown Hookahs, but he has also been smoking for damn near half if life and has an impressive store of hookah knowledge in general. Oh yeah, and he's a pretty cool guy as well. :P

Anyway, if you're in the area, difinately go check the place out.

• 1 month later...
Awesome place to buy your huka supplies. The prices were decent and the staff were great. Santino was there and said hi to him and the person who sold me my KM and supplies was awesome (sorry if you are on here I forgot your name).

• 1 year later...
This place is GREAT! not much i can say that hasn't already been said, so I'll leave it with my new favorite quote from one of the guys there: "We're not going to bullshit you and say a flavour or product is great when it really sucks... All that does is make you never come back!"
I especially liked that the Hookah shop was in the front of the store and the head shop was through a door into another room in the back.
I loved this place and will definitely make it my primary hookah shop!