Suggestions For Improvement?

Hey hookah people I've been smoking for about roughly 2 years now and I (in my opinion) am pretty good at making good bowls but I am always looking to improve. If anyone has any suggestions please advise. Here is what i do:

coals: coconara
hookah: maya saray qt (about 1 year old)
hose: razan washable hose
bowl: generic phunnel bowl
shisha: starbuzz and sometimes tangiers

Every bowl 3 coco-nara coals with a heat cover; two in the beginning and I add another one about roughly 50 minutes into the bowl. My bowls last about an hour and 30 minutes to two hours (dying by the end). I remember when I first started smoking a new flavor it would be an orgasmic sensation but these days everything seems a little dull. I wash my hookah and hose before and after every bowl. I put ice in the base and I frost my hookah while the coals are heating (putting water on it and putting it in freezer for about 3 mins). Is it me just getting desensitized to smoking hookah or is there something else? Does a hookah need to be replaced every x amount of months/years? For those who have smoked from a maya qt properly would you recommend another hookah? (planning on getting a new one sooner or later)

ps i smoke pretty much a bowl a day.

I just want to through a few things out there. QT's will last for a VERY LONG TIME! Stop the freezing of your water and base. And guessing that you smoke Starbuzz mostly and you are using 3 Coconaras... I am surprised you can taste anything. You should probably pack less tobacco.

I agree, freezing/ice in the base hinders flavor dramatically with me. Well vs. room temp water that is.

As far as the coal and shisha, that seems about fine, but when i had starbuzz, i remember 3 cocos from start to finish.

QUOTE (jeremyk @ Jul 24 2009, 09:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't tell I difference better ice water in the vase v room temp or cold tap water it all seems about the same flavor and coulds either of the ways

thats weird it seems for me colder= better clouds less flavor but room/ cold tap water = slightly less clouds but a ton of flavor

well if you chill the water just a bit with some ice its fine you get better clouds and the flavor may be hindered but not by much. But yea def. warm the water a bit, dont but it in the freezer but some ice cubes should be fine. Other than that it sounds like everything else is good.

QUOTE (l0aded @ Jul 28 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow i was always under the impression that colder was better since hookah lounges usually charge extra for ice. that might explain my lapse of flavor lately though since i've been doing it awhile

Some places, hookah related or not, charge extra for extra stuff just so people think it is better wink.gif .

QUOTE (l0aded @ Jul 28 2009, 04:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow i was always under the impression that colder was better since hookah lounges usually charge extra for ice. that might explain my lapse of flavor lately though since i've been doing it awhile

Only because people like the cool feeling of the smoke. It actually dulls the flavor quite a bit. On the hand, hot water seems to enhance flavor.