Cigar Talk

SixPackSunday

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That all depends... you can get a small box humi for $20 and keeps your cigars fresh for a while... Humidors are good for people who get a lot of cigars at once... If you're just getting one or two, you probably don't need one...

That being said... Here are a couple of my favorite cigars:

El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga
Montecristo #3 Corona
La Gloria Cubana Artesanos de Miami Elegante
Padilla Series '68 Robusto
Rocky Patel Decade Lonsdale
Black Pearl Morado Torpedo

i dont know about a humi for a five pack... a tupperwear container is probably much better suited for 5-25 cigars in all honestly.

trying to figure out what to smoke tonight....

what a steep slope it is too...

hookah? pshaw... whats your investment in hookah? 100 for a good pipe? maybe buy a few of those over time? 12 for a 250 of shisha? readily available almost all the time? your hookah lasts forever.

cigars! 100 for a box of em, on the cheap side, up to 5/600 for the opus/likewise. plus something to keep them in....

you could easily spend a couple grand and try almost every hookah flavor available and have the best of the best equipment. 2k wouldnt even get you started with cigars! i know people that have that much invested in just the humidor.

haha, nope, several people have thousands of dollars worth of cigars kept in tupperwear containers and large coolers.

you just need some humidity beads and a solid seal on it.

if you dont want to spend the extra money on actual humidity beads check out my blog post on kitty litter beads.

hopeimakeit.blogspot.com the post is on there somewhere.

yea, if your just wanting to test the waters and see what you think, spend 10 bucks on a small/medium tupperwear container, a few bucks at the b&m for a simple humidifier, and spend the money you would have dropped on a humi on some more cigars to try.

if you want knights, i can put together a solid sampler of a good array of cigars make sure you have everything needed to get started. let me know if your interested, and what you want to spend

I bought a 50gt cooler at Target for 20 bucks. I bought 5 cedar shelves and 2 empty RP boxes at a local B&M for 12 bucks. I bought a very, very nice stainless double guillotine cutter for 11 bucks (20 normally). I mostly buy from Taboo (they always have 25% - 40% off at all times), and C-Bid. I bought 1/2 lb. Heartfelt beads for 24 shipped. So far I have over 150 sticks, a coolerdor, a desktop humi, 3/4 lb. of beads, about 150 good quality sticks; all for under 500 bucks. Yay!

It's easy to get into.

mmm... just got a box of don pepin garcia firecrackers in... smoked on already. DELICIOUS!

LONG TIME CIGAR SMOKER.. Being Cuban from Miami its almost a requirement,,LOL I got a small humi I fill it with 50/50 water and PG. I usually keep only a few smokes at a time in it.. I think my favorite smoke is the AF opus X.. Yes better than the Cohibas..

BUT since I discovered Hookah I dont thingk I'll be smokin any cigars anytime soon..

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Feb 19 2009, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was wondering in the cold season..do you guys smoke inside? i was wondering how the smoke and smell of smoking inside compares to a hookah? is it worse,same,better? at the moment ive told myself i will only smoke outside in the warmer months

Hrms, have you ever smoked a cigar, or been around someone who has? They're very strong, and the scent will sink into clothes, and skin, and even food. I love cigars and rarely notice because half the time I've got cigar smoke on me anyhow but if someone who doesn't smoke em comes around there'll be no doubt that you were smoking inside.

Not that it's impossible to get rid of by any means if you just have a few... but if you regularly smoke cigars inside I'm really not sure it'd be doable to keep the smell out of everything.

yea cigars will turn white things yellow and you can certainly smell it longer afterwards.

that said, i still smoke inside.

QUOTE (AKammenzind @ Feb 19 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Feb 19 2009, 02:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was wondering in the cold season..do you guys smoke inside? i was wondering how the smoke and smell of smoking inside compares to a hookah? is it worse,same,better? at the moment ive told myself i will only smoke outside in the warmer months

Hrms, have you ever smoked a cigar, or been around someone who has? They're very strong, and the scent will sink into clothes, and skin, and even food. I love cigars and rarely notice because half the time I've got cigar smoke on me anyhow but if someone who doesn't smoke em comes around there'll be no doubt that you were smoking inside.

Not that it's impossible to get rid of by any means if you just have a few... but if you regularly smoke cigars inside I'm really not sure it'd be doable to keep the smell out of everything.

It is very doable to keep the smell out of everything, just requires the proper ventilation. pop open a few windows with a fan pointing out and you should be fine. granted the only non leather/wood items in my smoking room is the stitching on the leather chairs. usually the smell lingers for 1-3 days depending on how much you smoked and what kind of cigar you smoked.

and i agree with SPS, nothing like smoking a cigar inside.

QUOTE (NIGHTS OF BAGHDAD @ Feb 21 2009, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i noticed a cigar will usually come in 5-6 different sizes and each has its own name..is there any difference in the cigar besides its length and width? taste or smoke wise i guess?

Eh, depends on the individual cigar really. Length of smoke, type of cut you should use, draw, and the feel on your lips are the main differences you'll find from different shape/size cigars.

Really it's personal pref, like most everything else related to cigars, heh.

I was at my local smoke shop today because my friend wanted to go because he was interested in buying a pack of cigarettes to try. It turns out that he chickened out and bought nothing while I ended up spending $20 on cigars, which I did not intend to do and I had to restrain myself from buying more. What an asshole. Anyway, the girl at the counter handed me a flier for a cigar tasting party that they will be hosting in late March:

Smokin' on the Red (the Red River runs adjacent to my city)

It will feature representatives from the following companies:
Carlos Torano, who will have their own roller hand-rolling cigars at the event, which every attendee will get.
Altadis Pipe Tobaccos
General Cigars
Rocky Patel
Drew Estates
Cusano Cigars
Gurkha Cigars
CAO

Tickets cost $35 each, but the girl said that I will end up more than making up for that with all of the swag that these companies will be handing out. My friends and I are thinking about going, even though I am fairly new to the cigar world. I am pretty excited about it.

• 3 months later...
I'm new to cigars but very interested in them. I have a small 25 count humidor my dad gave to me a couple months ago and the only thing i have smoked so far is CAO Golds. What would you cigar veterans recommend for some good newbie smokes. I know nothing about cigars and want to make a knowledgable purchase. Also which websites do you recommend to buy cigars from.

• 5 months later...
hmm, just found this thread. I love cigars as well. Today, I smoked an ACID Cold Tea Infusion. Lemme just say, this stuff was absolutely DELICIOUS. Tasted exactly like a nice cup of tea! A fruity tea. This cigar was not very sweet at all, and does not taste artificial at all. This was a solid 30 minute smoke that stayed cool all the way down to the nub, relit, and smoked til i burnt my fingers. Extra delicious, reccomend trying at least once. about $7 a stick.

Just bought an ACID Kuba Kuba as well.

As for storing my cigars... I live in florida, i just leave them in the bag outside lol.