The S**t Has Hit The Fan

Yip as the the title says, the s**t has hit the fan!!!

Went to a party last night and took my hookah ( obviously) , and lots of people wanted to smoke....so this idiot of a kid pulls on the pipe and my beauty bails down and the base and claypot break.... wallbash.gif

sad day in my life.....also considering I just got my hookah about 7 weeks ago..... sad.gif

So ya the guy is paying for it , but it just annoyed me...sigh my lovely base and claypot...

-H&S

QUOTE (Stuie @ Apr 13 2008, 06:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Totally sucks!!!

I totally feel your pain!!!

Make him pay for an upgrade for the aggravation!

Ya I made him pay a little more (should get the cash tomorrow) , because I have to drive to the place to get a replacement ( fuel costs are insane).... so its pretty fair actually.....but it really got me mad yesterday....

-H&S

That is nice that he is paying for a new one, I have heard of a lot of people not paying for breaking the hookah.. What kind of hookah are you going to get now.

QUOTE (MNH @ Apr 13 2008, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is nice that he is paying for a new one, I have heard of a lot of people not paying for breaking the hookah.. What kind of hookah are you going to get now.

Yeah, I definetly agree that it is nice of him paying for it, but it just annoyed me at the time...

As to what hookahs.....I bought my egyption ( the one he broke) for roughly $20, which for here is quite a bit...but not that much....

so he is paying me roughly $20 because even though the stem and pipe are still intact, it is going to cost me in fuel money to get to my local store and buy the stuff......

Anyway back on subject, all one can really get here are rotators and egyptions.., but I have also seen a pumpkin which I heard are not that great....so ya...I am going to have a look around and see what there is. Otherwise I will buy a replacement vase and pot and buy an adapter that I have been looking at to make my one piper a two piper.....and I am due to buy some new flavours and coal anyway, because I am running low....alone this weekend I used about a 100g and 1 and a half rolls of coal...which for me is alot because I only usually smoke maybe 1 or 2 pots a week....

-H&S Edited by *HOT&SMOKING*

man that sucks, gotta love inconveniences...like how I was smokin some Loveshisha a few weeks back and let my roommate and his buddy try it. First thing I said to them is "be careful, I don't have foil crown to protect from coals dropping..."roommate passes a hose to his buddy and immediately, coal on carpet. Burnt the shit outta my hand picking it up and I scream at the kid to get a cup of water. He just lolligagged to get it, took five minutes. So burns cost over $20 bucks each...I had a few myself and I made them kinda unnoticeable but now that I had to show that to the realator, its almost guarenteed that they will see the others. He IS paying for the burns, they just havent called me back with a price since this is a bigger burn.
I hate people.

So, are you just stickin with the same pipe, or gonna get something nicer?

QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Apr 13 2008, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, are you just stickin with the same pipe, or gonna get something nicer?

Going to have a look and see what I can get.....

QUOTE (*HOT&SMOKING* @ Apr 13 2008, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (MNH @ Apr 13 2008, 07:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, I definetly agree that it is nice of him paying for it, but it just annoyed me at the time...

As to what hookahs.....I bought my egyption ( the one he broke) for roughly $20, which for here is quite a bit...but not that much....

so he is paying me roughly $20 because even though the stem and pipe are still intact, it is going to cost me in fuel money to get to my local store and buy the stuff......

Anyway back on subject, all one can really get here are rotators and egyptions.., but I have also seen a pumpkin which I heard are not that great....so ya...I am going to have a look around and see what there is. Otherwise I will buy a replacement vase and pot and buy an adapter that I have been looking at to make my one piper a two piper.....and I am due to buy some new flavours and coal anyway, because I am running low....alone this weekend I used about a 100g and 1 and a half rolls of coal...which for me is alot because I only usually smoke maybe 1 or 2 pots a week....

-H&S

I learned quickly that friends who don't personally own a hookah don't always appreciate the finer mechanics of it... such as, not pulling the hose and burning up the carpet.

It's actually considered polite to set the hose down, rather than pass it, but what can you do with western culture?

In the "How-to" section, someone fashioned a base out of a Heineken keg. Not only does it seem to be tip-proof and more party oriented, but in all practicality, it looks like it would smoke well -- especially when chilling it.

QUOTE (jordanneff @ Apr 13 2008, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just curious, but when you say he broke the pot do you mean the head/bowl? Or did you have your hookah in like a pot full of ice or something? Just a bit confused lol

Yes sorry about that, i do mean the head/bowl. Where I am from we also know it as a pot, mainly because of the full name : clay pot

QUOTE (teq @ Apr 13 2008, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I learned quickly that friends who don't personally own a hookah don't always appreciate the finer mechanics of it... such as, not pulling the hose and burning up the carpet.

It's actually considered polite to set the hose down, rather than pass it, but what can you do with western culture?

In the "How-to" section, someone fashioned a base out of a Heineken keg. Not only does it seem to be tip-proof and more party oriented, but in all practicality, it looks like it would smoke well -- especially when chilling it.

Yeah, I saw the keg one looked pretty sweet actually...might have to try it some time...

-H&S

QUOTE (*HOT&SMOKING* @ Apr 13 2008, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yip as the the title says, the s**t has hit the fan!!!

Went to a party last night and took my hookah ( obviously) , and lots of people wanted to smoke....so this idiot of a kid pulls on the pipe and my beauty bails down and the base and claypot break.... wallbash.gif

sad day in my life.....also considering I just got my hookah about 7 weeks ago..... sad.gif

So ya the guy is paying for it , but it just annoyed me...sigh my lovely base and claypot...

-H&S

Ugh, drunken stumblers are the worst. I decided to crash a few parties here in Santa Barbera last night (nobody seemed to mind a stranger if he was sharing a bottle of rum and his hookah), and this guy fell down 3 times -- if it weren't for my cat-like reflexes the hookah would have hit the concrete.

QUOTE (seefoodlover @ Apr 13 2008, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats an AMAZING idea!!! Putting the entire hookah in a bucket of ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm goint to try it.

Don't know where you got that from, but I've found that chilling the base externally just cools it down too much. You'll end up losing a lot of flavor if your smoke is too cool. It also creates condensation near the hose port.

Stick to ice(preferably crushed) inside the base, so that it'll cool the smoke without creating condensation.

QUOTE (seefoodlover @ Apr 13 2008, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thats an AMAZING idea!!! Putting the entire hookah in a bucket of ice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm goint to try it.

ahaha kinda late to the party on that one tongue.gif

if you do it just be carefull of your vase, some dont react well to being submerged

QUOTE (melanko @ Apr 14 2008, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That guy is a hookah noob.

Pretty much.

Those types of people usually get all serious if it's NHT related, though... as if that methodology is classier than hookah.

Sadly, that's where the concept of handing it directly to a person to pass it came from. Edited by teq

QUOTE (melanko @ Apr 14 2008, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yip he definetly was.....and he was drunk which I saw when I spoke to him after breaking it. But I didn't even realise that there was a drunk around my hookah otherwise I would have told him to move away. As long as you can control yourself when you are drunk that is fine, otherwise, rather stay away from the hookah for your and my hookahs safety, (and by your safety, I don't neccesarily mean if you hurt yourself with the glass breaking etc, I mean me running after you once you have broken it dry.gif )

R.I.P. Hookah base and bowl sad.gif

-H&S

QUOTE (*HOT&SMOKING* @ Apr 14 2008, 09:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (melanko @ Apr 14 2008, 09:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yip he definetly was.....and he was drunk which I saw when I spoke to him after breaking it. But I didn't even realise that there was a drunk around my hookah otherwise I would have told him to move away. As long as you can control yourself when you are drunk that is fine, otherwise, rather stay away from the hookah for your and my hookahs safety, (and by your safety, I don't neccesarily mean if you hurt yourself with the glass breaking etc, I mean me running after you once you have broken it dry.gif )

R.I.P. Hookah base and bowl sad.gif

-H&S

Drunk slobs + hookah = disaster

70% of the time, every time