Whats Your Coal Prefrence

QUOTE (jordanneff @ Apr 11 2008, 08:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (r1v3th3ad @ Apr 9 2008, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I like golden coals over 3Kings...3Kings explode on me half the time

I really think you must be getting the generic 3 kings ripoff because I think in all my times using 3 Kings, which is quite a good bit of coals, at least 4-500 I'd say, I've only ever had 1 explode on me, and it wasn't really even an explosion rather than it just sorta went poof and split into 3 pieces... which I put on the hookah anyway and it worked fine.

For quicklights Im a fan of 3K all the way.

As for naturals, I haven't really had much experience for those, but the ones I did have worked fine, they just... smelled funky

they are the ones from up at Sheesha King, I'm sure you've seen em...they don't look like the ripoff ones, I saw their box and the pics online to compare to...I just think Effe gets old coals cheap that have been in storage for years...

I first used some Rollands that came with my hookah. I bought a roll of 40mm Golden QL's and the difference is like night and day. The Rollands ash like crazy and have a bad taste. I didn't notice any of that when I was smoking with the Goldens last night. I lit it up and when i was ready to go I broke it up into 3 pieces. I started with the large and medium piece and then when those died down I threw on the small piece. Makes for about a 45 minute session.

i've tried goldens, 3k, and romman naturals. goldens are cool, 3k were old i think and the romman naturals sucked i had the tiniest holes poked in my foil with a needle just as a test and after i smoked with the rommans there was white ash all over my shisha when i finished and i believe it also made it taste bad. but i have placed an order for three boxes of coconaras so i hope they are as good as everyone says