Herbal Shisha V. Tobacco - Pros And Cons

Hey everyone, I've seen 2 different types of shisha out there and was wondering what the differences were and what you all would recommend...

I recently bought a MYA QT (2 hose) dance.gif and Im looking at making a big purchase of shisha soon so I don't have to re-buy that often.

Things id like to know about both kinds are:
  • Taste
  • Smoke
  • Price
  • Health effects
  • Quality

Also any tips on setting up my specific hookah would help too!

And feedback would be much appreciated, this forum is a great source for hookah info!

Thanks! Hookah.gif

-Steve

Guarentee that everybody on this board will prefer tobacco over any herbal shisha. It is just soooo much better in every catagory.

Healthwise, sure tobacco contains "bad stuff", but who knows about the adverse health effects of herbal shisha? Nobody at the moment.

-QM

While I can only truly speak from one side seeing as I've never had herbal shisha I can tell you what I know.

Taste: Most people tend not to like herbal shisha, a lot of people say it tastes horrible however a very small few people actually enjoy it. It's probably something you have to try for yourself to see.

Smoke: I also have heard that herbal shisha gives some very good smoke, large clouds while with tobacco shisha it varies from bran to brand (and even flavor to flavor).

Price: While the only herbal shisha I know of is soex its typically mid-price range. Tobacco shisha can be as cheap as $5 to $20 for a 250g tub depending on the brand.

Health Effects: In general anything you smoke is not going to be healthy so if you're worried about that give up smoking anything. While herbal shisha doesnt contain tobacco it is still organic just as tobacco and most likely the only difference is the small amount of nicotine that is in tobacco (or, larger amounts in brands like nahkla or tangiers) but generally speaking I've never heard of anyone getting addicted to hookah, whether they smoke tobacco or herbal shisha.

Quality: This one is hard. Really if you're looking for something dependable go with tobacco shisha, it's been around and manufactured for so long, and brands like nahkla are very old but also very reliable. I think quality comes down to the sum of the parts, really, and more specifically what you want out of your smoke.

Hope that helps

Ya thanks a lot, ive just been considering SOEX because there are no site in canada to order tobacco from, only herbal, and ive heard stories of insane duty/taxes on big orders of tobacco coming from the states....

The watermelon Soex I tried wasn't bad. The flavor and smoke clouds were decent, but the flavor died out after about 30 minutes. Due to longevity issues and the fact that there are no guarantees that herbal shisha is safer than tobacco, I'd just go with whatever you prefer.

Personally I have only tried SOEX Peach which I thoroughly enjoyed. Flavor was good and smoke was great, but as other pointed out the flavor dies out very quickly. Shisha peach flavors I've tried lasted over and hour while SOEX dies at about 30 minutes even with proper heat management. I also don't trust the "healthier" herbal setup. Herbal shisha is made from sugar cane by product, AKA it's like smoking dried out sugar cane wood shards. I somehow have this gut feeling that it might be worse for you.

Again, tobacco all the way. Yes it has nicotine, but more is known about it.